JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

countywide35
SEOP

JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Post by countywide35 »

What's everyone's thoughts headed into this scrimmage? a lot of hype being put into this one even though it doesn't count. I would suspect that Alumni Stadium will have its fair share of fans on both sides of the stadium. With a great atmosphere too...

Thoughts??????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Post by greygoose »

Think I'll be checking this one out, look for a very physical game. Ironton probably couldn't have picked a better scrimmage team to finish up with before heading into week 1 against burg. Hopefully everyone comes out healthy look for both teams to be pretty basic offensively. Not a whole lot of scoring but solid football is my prediction.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

I don’t have any inside information just pure speculation but I don’t think the starters will play much for either team I would guess maybe 2 series on each side of the ball

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

It'll be a walk through. If ya see any starters at all ya might see them for one series. Maybe.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I don't expect it to be a walk through by any stretch of the imagination. I agree the starting groups wont see a ton of action but they will play some and they will get it after each other for what they do get to play..

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

A lot of college recruits and commitments on the field between these two teams...….can anyone start to name both teams as far as who is getting looked at, from where and where the committed players will be going????

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:48 pm I don't expect it to be a walk through by any stretch of the imagination. I agree the starting groups wont see a ton of action but they will play some and they will get it after each other for what they do get to play..
Agree County. Jamboree's the starters at least play 2 quarters. Got to get ready for week one and get more of the rust off. Get the oil flowing better to be ready.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Starters should atleast play the first 2 quarters. If they don't play or if it's just a walk through then why even have a scrimmage? The whole purpose of a scrimmage is to get the players ready for week one! SMDH

Burg grad 85
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

If it was like the ovc preview I don’t expect Ironton to put starters on the field. I went to check out the carrico kid and he never stepped foot on the field. Talked to Ironton folks and they didn’t put anyone in lol. Just a handful I was told.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

If ironton isn’t going to play any starters in any scrimmage then why waste the other teams time. I get people don’t want injuries but last time I checked football is a contact sport and that will never change. I don’t buy the “don’t show” anything argument , usually the “we didn’t show anything” is what fans say when their teams didn’t look good. Football has been played for over 100 years . You either run the ball or you throw the ball. These are 16-18 year old kids , they need to work on things during scrimmages vs other teams best players to get good work in. I don’t buy that all these teams have Clemson offenses but don’t want to “show anything”. Just stop with all that crap , work on your game plan and work to improve it.

I want to see if these teams are what their hyped up to be. I haven’t seen ironton and maybe no one has because they won’t play their starters .

Jackson looked really solid on defense, very fast to the football and seemed to be 5-6 red helmets around the football . Offense had some bumps , but coaches just want to get things on film so they can start teaching and coaching them up .

Jackson coaching staff have been together for 10 years and are 77-23 in regular season . They know what corrections need to be made and they will address any issues.

There will be a lot of curious fans taking this one in. Good luck and hope for an injury free evening . Glad to have the Tigers at alumni stadium .

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 pm If ironton isn’t going to play any starters in any scrimmage then why waste the other teams time. I get people don’t want injuries but last time I checked football is a contact sport and that will never change. I don’t buy the “don’t show” anything argument , usually the “we didn’t show anything” is what fans say when their teams didn’t look good. Football has been played for over 100 years . You either run the ball or you throw the ball. These are 16-18 year old kids , they need to work on things during scrimmages vs other teams best players to get good work in. I don’t buy that all these teams have Clemson offenses but don’t want to “show anything”. Just stop with all that crap , work on your game plan and work to improve it.

I want to see if these teams are what their hyped up to be. I haven’t seen ironton and maybe no one has because they won’t play their starters .

Jackson looked really solid on defense, very fast to the football and seemed to be 5-6 red helmets around the football . Offense had some bumps , but coaches just want to get things on film so they can start teaching and coaching them up .

Jackson coaching staff have been together for 10 years and are 77-23 in regular season . They know what corrections need to be made and they will address any issues.

There will be a lot of curious fans taking this one in. Good luck and hope for an injury free evening . Glad to have the Tigers at alumni stadium .
Great post Poo. Very insightful

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

100% agree.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gotta go hard at some point and definitely have to practice in these scrimmages what you are going to do. To me....the more you show, the more the opponents have to prepare for.

Injury free is most important but kids need to get piping and ready for the next week. Be nice if starters went full go for a half. I don’t want the main studs mashing each other over and over but everyone needs reps with what they do.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I've made it home and watched a couple practices, they're not sitting around eating Popsicles. The practices are pretty intense and they're hitting each other hard. Not to take anything away from Coal Grove but, our second and thirds Teams did pretty well against them, not sure I would of risked injury to the starters either, plus it gave the Depth Chart some good experience. Jackson, on the other hand should be a good matchup for the Fighting Tigers, I can see them playing the starters for a couple series then pulling them.

JMHO, for what it's worth.....That and 2 dollars might get you a cup of coffee lol

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

if Ironton hasn't played starters I would like to assume they will play them some against Jackson......hard press for me to think that the ironton/burg game is a week away and all ironton is going to allow their starters to see prior to tha burg game is the scout team in practice.....I believe if you are there early Friday night that you will see a pretty hard nosed limited action between the starting groups to get things started...…..do you guys think the coaches will be on or off the field from the first snap??

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

It looks like a lot of you guys wanna see a more 1 vs 1 scrimmage and I would too but if that was the case this game should’ve been scheduled 2 weeks ago not 7 Days before the first real game , I just don’t see the advantage of playing starters more than a series or 2 at this point in preseason , if someone would get a concussion Heaven forbid, then the conversation would be why in the world would that coach play those starters that long the week before opening night .

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 am if Ironton hasn't played starters I would like to assume they will play them some against Jackson......hard press for me to think that the ironton/burg game is a week away and all ironton is going to allow their starters to see prior to tha burg game is the scout team in practice.....I believe if you are there early Friday night that you will see a pretty hard nosed limited action between the starting groups to get things started...…..do you guys think the coaches will be on or off the field from the first snap??
Ironton doesn’t use a scout team at practice right now it’s 1’s vs 1’s and yes I bet the coaches are on the field

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:12 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 am if Ironton hasn't played starters I would like to assume they will play them some against Jackson......hard press for me to think that the ironton/burg game is a week away and all ironton is going to allow their starters to see prior to tha burg game is the scout team in practice.....I believe if you are there early Friday night that you will see a pretty hard nosed limited action between the starting groups to get things started...…..do you guys think the coaches will be on or off the field from the first snap??
Ironton doesn’t use a scout team at practice right now it’s 1’s vs 1’s and yes I bet the coaches are on the field
interesting....definitely a method to get both sides of the ball better.....what's your thoughts on the longevity of the first groups getting reps Friday night??

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

depends on how the format will be but if it’s like the lucasville scrimmage where each team gets 10 plays on offense then switch, best case would be 3 series for both sides and everyone come out healthy

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:25 am
Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:12 am
interesting....definitely a method to get both sides of the ball better.....what's your thoughts on the longevity of the first groups getting reps Friday night??
So ironton has no one going both ways?
The last scrimmage is usually pretty close to a regular game as you can get and most teams will play the majority of there starters for 1 1/2 to 2 quarters

Return to “Football”