First look at the Alexander Spartans

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

First look at the Alexander Spartans

Post by moorelukas »

Tyler Corbit --

The Alexander Spartans football program took a massive leap in the 2018 season. After consecutive 1-9 seasons and winless in conference seasons, the Spartans bounced back in a big way, going 4-6 on the year with a 2-4 record in conference, including a win over a strong Vinton County team.

As head coach Earich Dean enters his third year, he enters with something new, expectations. The 2018 program showed that Dean had what it takes to win with a small program and many should be expecting the program to take another step in the right direction.

Alexander is just four seasons removed from their 2015 league title and the program is looking to recapture the magic that the team brought to Albany.

What we already know
---
Full Article: https://www.wathsportsfan.com/sportsfan ... r-spartans

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Re: First look at the Alexander Spartans

Post by MarauderMadness »

Most people think they'll be near the bottom of the league again this year maybe beating RV and that's about it unless they surprise some people. But I think they'll be better than that.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:27 am Most people think they'll be near the bottom of the league again this year maybe beating RV and that's about it unless they surprise some people. But I think they'll be better than that.
Alexander returns most of its team. Their schedule is pretty easy and the rest of the TVC is down. Should be a good season for Alexander

Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:27 am Most people think they'll be near the bottom of the league again this year maybe beating RV and that's about it unless they surprise some people. But I think they'll be better than that.
Alexander returns most of its team. Their schedule is pretty easy and the rest of the TVC is down. Should be a good season for Alexander
Agree with everything you said Raider.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

5-5. They will beat Bradford, BU, SP, Wellston and RV. Lose to Athens, VC, NY, Warren and Meigs. Wellston is a toss up game for me, I have no idea how good or bad Wellston will be.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Wellston will be good enough to beat Alexander.

Love The Game
Waterboy

Post by Love The Game »

Was at the Meet the Team last night - I believe the senior number was 13 total. That is a pretty decent size senior class for Alexander. Only around 21 total 9th - 11th. Gotta get those numbers up. Unfortunately, the junior high combined total was only 18 kids. The 5th and 6th grade group had 30 - hopefully, we can keep them playing.

Return to “Football”