School Football Program Prices, How Much At Your School?

kantucky
Varsity

School Football Program Prices, How Much At Your School?

Post by kantucky »

I was kinda taken back at the cost of a program at Ironton last night, ten dollars! I know it's gotten fairly large but most of that is nothing but ads that they sold. I just wanted to see the rosters. Someone sitting in front of me allowed us to glance at their's. As far as Burg's roster, it was printed on one page in print so small, even with my 3/0 Bifocals, I couldn't read it.

At half time some of the girls were walking up into the stands with a hand full of them trying to get some buyers. No one was jumping on them that I seen. To buy a ticket and a program plus park across the street (which, I think its a great deal, not begrudging them, tickled to have that close safe parking) would have been $17.00

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Re: School Football Program Prices, How Much At Your School?

Post by SEO Sports »

Yes $10 for a program is a bit steep but it was nice and the money is going to the kids/school. I only buy programs every now and then so those prices don't bother me much. I still find football Friday night one of the better entertainment values around. Wife and I got to watch a good football game for $10 admission plus concessions. Besides, getting to stay dry during thunderstorms can't be beat!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ours are always $5 but fearful today’s might be higher

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Split the pot is for the kids to, I chose to buy it and had a chance to win $1,000.00

:)

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

It's funny how people would complain about anything
They obviously sell them to raise money.
Things aren't cheap. The kids,band boosters and athletic boosters all raise money for the causes wether it be for prom,scholarships or to just provide things for kids that frankly they don't have the money for, ie cleats,shoes,cheerleading apparel, or even food.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

At Bishop Hartley, our programs are free. Single pager of the roster. Most people don't even grab one.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MaxPreps is free.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I think valleys is $3 no way I would ever pay anymore than that

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

kantucky wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm I was kinda taken back at the cost of a program at Ironton last night, ten dollars! I know it's gotten fairly large but most of that is nothing but ads that they sold. I just wanted to see the rosters. Someone sitting in front of me allowed us to glance at their's. As far as Burg's roster, it was printed on one page in print so small, even with my 3/0 Bifocals, I couldn't read it.

At half time some of the girls were walking up into the stands with a hand full of them trying to get some buyers. No one was jumping on them that I seen. To buy a ticket and a program plus park across the street (which, I think its a great deal, not begrudging them, tickled to have that close safe parking) would have been $17.00
They were selling those same programs on the Burg side for $5. This was before the rain came. I wonder if they made a mistake or just trying to get rid of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:34 pm
kantucky wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm I was kinda taken back at the cost of a program at Ironton last night, ten dollars! I know it's gotten fairly large but most of that is nothing but ads that they sold. I just wanted to see the rosters. Someone sitting in front of me allowed us to glance at their's. As far as Burg's roster, it was printed on one page in print so small, even with my 3/0 Bifocals, I couldn't read it.

They were selling those same programs on the Burg side for $5. This was before the rain came. I wonder if they made a mistake or just trying to get rid of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lol! Serious? If so that's hilarious!

As far as the school needing money? Wasn't that what the lottery was for? :D

I know when the Tigers dominated for so many years the football program generated so much income it carried all the other programs on its back. Totally supported them! I can recall Ironton paying thousands of dollars to different schools for a one year matchup to fill Ironton's schedule. Usually to thump them too lol

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think $5 is very fair for basically all schools. Might be a little harder to sell at the smaller schools but $5 isn't bad.

$10 does seem a little steep.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

We pay $2 @ Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:53 am We pay $2 @ Waverly
And you’re not going to get a better program for $2. Way better than the past programs - More Pages & all COLOR.......
They are well worth $5.00

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If your charging close to what Ohio State charges for a program, that's way overboard for high school. It's getting a little out of control with these blow up run-throughs for the kids that aren't cheap and some other things. The fog is also getting tired. That belongs in the 1980s when Miami had good football.

I'm typically pretty supportive of it's for the kids, but it's for the kids is also being used for stuff that is not needed.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bman wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:15 pm If your charging close to what Ohio State charges for a program, that's way overboard for high school. It's getting a little out of control with these blow up run-throughs for the kids that aren't cheap and some other things. The fog is also getting tired. That belongs in the 1980s when Miami had good football.

I'm typically pretty supportive of it's for the kids, but it's for the kids is also being used for stuff that is not needed.
We looked at the big blowup Tiger heads to run through 4 or so years ago but it isn’t worth it and not necessary. I love how Waverly does the entrance right now.....

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Rock Hill Program is $5.00. All in color and spiral bound. Very nice and well put together

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

$10.00 at Ironton..........Nice for the parents......outrageous for the average fan looking for a lineup of the players.......I dont think I will be purchasing a program this year or any year that it remains 10 buckaroos........

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Flyers58 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:35 pm $10.00 at Ironton..........Nice for the parents......outrageous for the average fan looking for a lineup of the players.......I dont think I will be purchasing a program this year or any year that it remains 10 buckaroos........

i quit buying them when they went to $10. always used to buy and tear out the middle page for the roster

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

They only print so many programs at my school and usually run out 15 minutes before game starts.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

At the Burg - Ironton game this year the big program was $10 but they also had a small one with just rosters for $2

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”