Portsmouth 40 - 6 River Valley

UofL
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth 40 - 6 River Valley

Post by UofL »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:54 pm Only the RV faithful would say things like they aren’t far off from winning and they are on the right track and running the ball better.

News flash - you are averaging 4 points per game, and in reality because of a kickoff return, your offense is averaging 2 points per game. You get out-schemed and out-coached every game, as well as out-played. You do have athletes though, which makes all the stats and outcomes even more discouraging.

Call me crazy, but that’s not what I call trending in the right direction.
Anyone can coach a game from behind a computer screen or the stands...that’s not news to anyone but when you have kids like rv has and the job of finding different kids to play new positions every week that they’ve never played before nobody would want to be in those shoes

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

True- anyone can coach from behind a computer screen, but not everyone can coach a game from a sideline either. In 12 games, which is a large enough sample size, RV has averaged 8.1 per point game. Offensively speaking, that number would be lower because some of those were kickoff returns and touchdowns against the JV teams. RV does have talent, so what gives? Coaching does...bad.

Truth hurts. RV should just become a soccer school, but my guess is that it would probably still be a soft one at that.

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

From what I’ve gathered..rv went through 7 years of no contact during practice..I mean I’ve never heard of such if thing..and after speaking with coaches it’s a struggle because they can’t have a full week of practice without some kind of injury..I agree the kids are coming off as soft and maybe there are coaching errors as well..it’s a bad combination anyway you look at it

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

It would make sense for a school that is 1-11 in the past 12 games (the one win being an embarrassing 8-0 win vs SG), giving up on average over 40 points a game and scoring 8, to blame the previous staff, especially when the previous staff was the only one in school history to have any type of success at all.

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

2 somewhat successful years out of 7 isn’t anything to brag about..Rv was loaded and beat 1 team with a winning record in those 2 years..I’m not saying your wrong or your right but something is definately off

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

And that staff is basically the same with the exception of the head coach

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

UofL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 pm 2 somewhat successful years out of 7 isn’t anything to brag about..Rv was loaded and beat 1 team with a winning record in those 2 years..I’m not saying your wrong or your right but something is definately off
Agree to disagree, anything .500 or above is a miracle at RV if you go by their history, which agreed- is nothing to brag about. I do agree that RV was loaded, but I have to admit my bias because my son was a part of that group.

The staff is completely different though.

This is my last post on the topic though. I’m not trying to be negative or hurt kids or anything. For years, I was frustrated with the incompetence of the athletic program. When my son went through it and we finally made it to the postseason, I felt like things were on the right track. Now it just seems like it went back to the way it was, bad decisions are being made by bad decision-makers from top to bottom, and nobody cares.

That’s why I say the heck with it and let’s play soccer.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Poor hiring has doomed RV.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

UofL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:06 pm From what I’ve gathered..rv went through 7 years of no contact during practice..I mean I’ve never heard of such if thing..and after speaking with coaches it’s a struggle because they can’t have a full week of practice without some kind of injury..I agree the kids are coming off as soft and maybe there are coaching errors as well..it’s a bad combination anyway you look at it
From what I’ve heard from other parents, they are actually hitting less this year than when than ever before.

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Sports101 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:30 pm
UofL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:06 pm From what I’ve gathered..rv went through 7 years of no contact during practice..I mean I’ve never heard of such if thing..and after speaking with coaches it’s a struggle because they can’t have a full week of practice without some kind of injury..I agree the kids are coming off as soft and maybe there are coaching errors as well..it’s a bad combination anyway you look at it
From what I’ve heard from other parents, they are actually hitting less this year than when than ever before.
Again this goes back to injuries...I believe they’re roster started with 39 or 40 kids and after this week down to 29..I mean at some point kids have to get tough and yes it looks bad on coaches but how do you control that when you can’t run a practice in pads without someone getting injured in some way shape or form..I hate it for them

Return to “Football”