Post by mattash »

THoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: WK3 Newark Cathoic @ Paint Valley

Post by Bumpy »

Another tough matchup for PV, I hope NC doesn't have a RB/QB as quick and athletic as Pleasant did. We just couldn't contain those guys. I expect a close game though.

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

It should be a close game, Newark Catholic does have an athletic QB and running back combo. The QB went 10 for 10 last night before a incompletion. He is a physicial runner who likes to run over people. Newark Catholic's problem is turning over the football at key times they fumbled the ball 2 times in the red zone one at the one yard line when they were going into score that would of gave them the lead. To start the second half they fumbled on their 24 which ended in an Academy touchdown. Their defense is not bad but they play many underclassmen.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If not a running clock, I see PV winning easily.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 am If not a running clock, I see PV winning easily.

Have to disagree with you on this one, no way PV wins this by 20+ , gils says that the NC qb is athletic and runs with authority. That doesn't bode well for the PV defense, we are a finesse type team not big or very physical. This game could go either way.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Time will tell.
This matchup is hard for the fan in me.
It pits a team (Newark Catholic) that I never want to see lose against a coach (Hollon) that I never want to see lose.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Newark Catholic not even close to what it once was in years past but the Green Wave will remain competitive against all out of conference teams around their size. They've always played in the LCL with bigger teams and that schedule alone is what made them what they were in all their playoff and state championship years.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Think that marion loss will help PV going forward especially with how tough they played them for about the first 3 quarters. I think they learn from that experience and pull out the win against NC.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

The team Paint Valley played last week was a great scheduling job on Coach Hollon’s part. Just two years ago that team was in the Final 4 in D5 falling to the team that Wheelersburg best in the State Championship game. That program doesn’t rebuild, they reload as they have the past two years. This loss may be the best thing that happens to the cats this year. Going toe to toe, punch for punch for 2 1/2-3 quarters with that team who was significantly bigger and stronger. The bearcats will learn from this and go into this game with a clear mindset after learning from the mistakes from last Friday. I won’t make a prediction, I think the Cats come out on top but it won’t be easy and that’s what Coach Hollon and his staff wants I believe, to be great you have to play great teams. I think this non conference schedule with the exception of Eastern is the toughest non conference schedule in the league. But I do think the cats come out on top this Friday in the Valley.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Paint Valley 33 - 21 Newark Catholic

Post by mattash »

Paint Valley 33 - 21 Newark Catholic

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Was a game that was never in doubt through my eyes, but it was a good game with exciting quarterback play.
Both teams had success throwing the ball.

Pics here.
https://www.facebook.com/DavidLewisBurn ... 482&type=3

Game summary
https://pafootballnews.com/game-photos/ ... kadvocate/

Twitter

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Sounds like paint valley has a once in a lifetime team. They should be an overwhelming favorite to roll over the svc. I wouldn’t think many svc schools could play with the green wave.

Return to “Football”