Trimble 45 - 0 South Gallia

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: Trimble (3-0) vs South Gallia (1-2)- Week 4

Post by Happy McGavin »

Can they pack their bags and leave with Wahama and Miller, maybe take Fed with them? Good teams gain absolutely nothing by having to play them.

Its all in the hips
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Trimble has a great team and I hope they have a long playoff run. I have to tip my hat to Coach Farris for the program that they have built. He has a very good coaching staff and kids that have bought into the program. The community support is as good as I have ever seen anywhere. The improvements in the stadium and facility is fantastic. For a community that size to have made the commitment to the program and students is something to be very proud of. They make the most out of what they have been given to work with. That team maybe the best I have had the privilege to have been on the sidelines across from since 1993. I tip my hat to the Trimble community! Enjoy the ride!
Jack James

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Happy McGavin wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:25 am Can they pack their bags and leave with Wahama and Miller, maybe take Fed with them? Good teams gain absolutely nothing by having to play them.
Trimble could change leagues if they really wanted to. Wouldn't that make more sense? All conferences have bad teams.

BulldogVolleyball95
Waterboy

Post by BulldogVolleyball95 »

Trimble should change leagues. How is it helping them in tournament time playing in such a weak league.

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

BulldogVolleyball95 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:51 am Trimble should change leagues. How is it helping them in tournament time playing in such a weak league.
Totally see your point with Trimble's utter lack of playoff success. :o

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BulldogVolleyball95 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:51 am Trimble should change leagues. How is it helping them in tournament time playing in such a weak league.
Trimble has been two recent state chips. They are probably the freshest team playoff time

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BulldogVolleyball95
Waterboy

Going to be a little different for them this year.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

True. Regions are jacked. This a two year thing ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:40 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:25 am Can they pack their bags and leave with Wahama and Miller, maybe take Fed with them? Good teams gain absolutely nothing by having to play them.
Trimble could change leagues if they really wanted to. Wouldn't that make more sense? All conferences have bad teams.
In my opinion... Trimble should stay in the TVC-Hocking for both the good of their program and the TVC.

Can Trimble compete and field winning seasons in the TVC-Ohio, MVL, MSL-Buckeye (just using it an example)? Yes, absolutely. They’d have been able to for the past 15 years, at least.

But no program is immune from “lean years.” Now with Trimble, a lean year to them could still be 7-3/6-4. But the reason why I think it’d be best for them to stay in the Hocking is the simple fact that the Hocking is changing. So long, Wahama. See you in the SE sectionals for all other sports, Miller. That’s two fewer teams in the Hocking, and if a South Gallia or Federal Hocking sees their football program fold then the Hocking is now a 6-team league. With six teams you have five non-conference. You can keep the NY game week 1 and schedule the teams willing to play Trimble (hint: they’re all decent or good) in weeks 2-5. Now I get it, weeks four and five may be tougher to get scheduled but the vast majority of Ohio conferences have non-league play in weeks 2 and 3. Trimble would get some tough opponents in those games. But at current, with the unusual 9-team league set-up those weeks 2 and 3 are usually instead obligated toward playing your conference opponents. Even if SG/FH keep their programs afloat, you have two more non-league weeks opened and I imagine those weeks would generally be 2 and 3.

BulldogVolleyball95
Waterboy

This post season should be a little different from years past. They’ll be playing better teams come tournament time.

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:19 pm Running clock in 2nd qt due to coaches decision and 6min qt in the 2nd half 45-0
When I saw the final I figured something like that! Good call by the coaches

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Why should Trimble change leagues when they've been in the TVC for a very long time, dating back to the 70s I think

Its all in the hips
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Happy McGavin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:21 pm
Why should Trimble change leagues when they've been in the TVC for a very long time, dating back to the 70s I think
If they are worried about competition. Why should everyone else leave the league? I'm not saying they should, just stating to the complainers on this thread that they could leave easier then handpicking who is in the conference.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Trimble 45 - 0 South Gallia

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I think Trimble has had the opportunity to go up to the Ohio Division

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 pm

If they are worried about competition. Why should everyone else leave the league? I'm not saying they should, just stating to the complainers on this thread that they could leave easier then handpicking who is in the conference.
I say let's get the he11 out. Take Eastern, Racine, SG, RV, Wahama, Hannan and form a new league. If SV would want in we could consider them too. Even P'burg Catholic. That would be a good league and anyone could win it during a given year. Well, except for Hannan. Hannan could never win it. But every league needs a whipping boy. :mrgreen:

We could also invite Fed-Hocking. How about this-

Eastern
Racine
SG
Wahama
Fed-H
P. Cath
Hannan
Waterford

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

eagle25 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:26 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 pm
I say let's get the he11 out. Take Eastern, Racine, SG, RV, Wahama, Hannan and form a new league. If SV would want in we could consider them too. Even P'burg Catholic. That would be a good league and anyone could win it during a given year. Well, except for Hannan. Hannan could never win it. But every league needs a whipping boy. :mrgreen:

We could also invite Fed-Hocking. How about this-

Eastern
Racine
SG
Wahama
Fed-H
P. Cath
Hannan
Waterford
We'll take it. We might even be able to win that thing a few times now and then. :D

100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Re: Trimble 45 - 0 South Gallia

Post by 100% Tomcat »

Trimble will not leave the Hocking as long as Coach Faires is there. Anyone posting that they need to leave the league is definitely not a coach. The league is fine, let the teams leave that want to. Trimble will always be there waiting on whoever wants to join and play them.

IamBlizzardMan

Post by IamBlizzardMan »

Well spoken by the best ever linemen at RV.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

IamBlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:52 pm
Good God! You have issues, really if you have such a problem, why not just speak to me about it?

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:27 pm
IamBlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Good God! You have issues, really if you have such a problem, why not just speak to me about it?
It won't be long and the wee cats will be back to getting beat in the hocking they only have a few guys in the sophomore class and no lineman at all they may have 1 or 2 freshman playing line next year and they will be the best lineman we have not good for wee cats passing QB they have been begging to see for two years

#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

Return to “Football”