Fairland 21 - 31 Waverly

The Flush
Varsity

Re: WK 4: Waverly (2-1) @ Fairland (2-1)

Post by The Flush »

Diener with a couple TD saving tackles tonight.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Congrats Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:16 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:30 pm Payton Shoemaker

41 carries
362 yards
3 TDs

Driving the bus home.
About time those coaches listened to the ppl on this site, shoemaker to the rescue. Lol
Changed some things for sure, as they needed too, but even as his dad commented on another forum, 41 carries with playing nearly every defensive down is way too much abuse on a high school kid. He can’t do that every game.
I in no way want to sound negative but that’s reality. Shoemaker is a flat out stud and that was one crazy performance but now they need to spread it around and get the ball in some of the other play makers hands some. Mix it up, you know Amanda will be accounting for and keying on Shoemaker.
I like what Waverly did with the different offensive packages for last nights game so now take the next step.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Wow, what a performance! He is one tough kid! The Tigers answered the bell on the road...great job!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:30 pm Payton Shoemaker

41 carries
362 yards
3 TDs

Driving the bus home.
About time those coaches listened to the ppl on this site, shoemaker to the rescue. Lol
Changed some things for sure, as they needed too, but even as his dad commented on another forum, 41 carries with playing nearly every defensive down is way too much abuse on a high school kid. He can’t do that every game.
I in no way want to sound negative but that’s reality. Shoemaker is a flat out stud and that was one crazy performance but now they need to spread it around and get the ball in some of the other play makers hands some. Mix it up, you know Amanda will be accounting for and keying on Shoemaker.
I like what Waverly did with the different offensive packages for last nights game so now take the next step.
You are exactly right it's great that the kid was ability to buy a week for guys to heal up. But no he can't carry it that many times and play defense full time. If they were to make the playoffs he'd be gassed. Waverly has other play makers that they need to get involved in other ways, putting Will at QB and getting more read options and just straight options is another way to get a great player the ball in easy situations. He's the one who needs back there anyways with shanks out. Amanda is not fairland they are big and physical and if anyone thinks for a second they'll allow shoemaker to single handily win the game then you don't know the Aces. If I was the Waverly coaching staff I'd contact Unioto about getting their Amanda tape. It would benefit Unioto for Waverly to win and Unioto did do some good things in that game that could help Waverly prepare better than the Aces last 2 films they'd get. Game was 17-14 in the 4th for Unioto

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 am
smurray wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 am

You are exactly right it's great that the kid was ability to buy a week for guys to heal up. But no he can't carry it that many times and play defense full time. If they were to make the playoffs he'd be gassed. Waverly has other play makers that they need to get involved in other ways, putting Will at QB and getting more read options and just straight options is another way to get a great player the ball in easy situations. He's the one who needs back there anyways with shanks out. Amanda is not fairland they are big and physical and if anyone thinks for a second they'll allow shoemaker to single handily win the game then you don't know the Aces. If I was the Waverly coaching staff I'd contact Unioto about getting their Amanda tape. It would benefit Unioto for Waverly to win and Unioto did do some good things in that game that could help Waverly prepare better than the Aces last 2 films they'd get. Game was 17-14 in the 4th for Unioto
Totally agree. Your best athlete (arguably your best) has to get the ball in his hands. Trying to chuck it 40 yards downfield to him isn’t good enough.
I applaud what Wade has done and he is one tough kid but he has been thrown in a position he hasn’t played and expected to do things & make throws only Shanks could make with his experience. You have to get the ball in the hands of Will and Phoenix more to balance this offense out.

Again, the changes made for last night worked for last night and it was great to get out of there with the W without Shanks. That will not work against Amanda or 80% of the remaining schedule.

Great defensive changes... sounded like the defense was playing aggressive, making things happen, not sitting back waiting for the offense to come to them.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

smurray wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:18 pm Shoemaker 355 rushing yds so far, 3 TD’s.
Great night for this young man, wow!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

How did Hunt do?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Nice road win for this young Tiger team. Playing a boat load of sophomores and not even a handful of seniors. This team is showing a lot of character. Good to see the defense playing downhill and being aggressive. The adjustments worked.

Obviously, we're going to have to be multidimensional on offense to compete with the top tier teams.

Enjoyed listening to our radio crew. They're the best. And hilarious to listen to. Hopefully no more flat tires. :)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:48 pm How did Hunt do?
2 rushes for 18 yards
3 receptions for 24 yds
3 punts 37 yd avg.
2 punt returns for 52 yds
5 kickoffs for 213 yds
2 tackles

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A nice 31-21 win, after losing the QB and game last week.
Congrats on getting it done.

Return to “Football”