(Game of the week) Saturday nights

Poo Bear
SEOP

(Game of the week) Saturday nights

Post by Poo Bear »

Why can’t we have a “game of the week” played on Saturday each week?

I would think it would bring in many high school football fans who like to watch good football games and other teams.
Here are some games that come to mind that I would like to see.
Ironton / Wheelersburg
Wheelersburg/ Jackson
Ironton / Portsmouth
Unioto/ waverly
Southeastern/ paint valley
Wellston / Athens
Athens / Nelsonville
Wheelersburg/ minford

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: (Game of the week) Saturday nights

Post by Frank Reagan »

Because most coaches like routine. Playing on Saturday gets teams out of their regular routine. Also, there is one less day to prepare and heal up for the next opponent.
Finally, many don’t like the thought of going up against a really good college game, especially if Ohio State is involved, which could drive down attendance.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 pm Why can’t we have a “game of the week” played on Saturday each week?

I would think it would bring in many high school football fans who like to watch good football games and other teams.
Here are some games that come to mind that I would like to see.
Ironton / Wheelersburg
Wheelersburg/ Jackson
Ironton / Portsmouth
Unioto/ waverlyby working at the game
Southeastern/ paint valley
Wellston / Athens
Athens / Nelsonville
Wheelersburg/ minford
I agree with you completely, for us Fans it would be great. A couple reasons that they don't might be that the support staff at the Host school would not want to give up there Saturday to work at the game. I wouldn't think that traveling on the weekend would be a factor, because a lot of schools up north do it throughout the year. I may be way off as to the reason to not do it, it still sounds like a great idea to me.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I like the idea gets some schools a practice for playoffs it is different getting high school kids prepared to play on a sat. Hydration free time when our school did it years ago we used to tske entire team to breakfast then to movie theatre for a couple movies (Remember the Titans, The Program). Type movies. Then afternoon meal all while making sure everyone was loose and hydrated. All of those things are good things the bad things are if you have kids getting recruited Sat should be spent taking them to games and visits which is the most important thing and why my old coach would only do it maybe once a year. The rest of the time he was taking us to college games to watch and meet coaching staffs and see what each school was about

Return to “Football”