Waterboy

Fisher Catholic vs Berne Union

Post by Firebird88 »

Thoughts?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Fisher Catholic vs Berne Union

Post by formerfcfan »

Throw out the records. Can’t by any means take Berne Union for granted if you’re FC. These seniors are 0-3 against BU. Intense rivalry.

I’ve heard and read BU’s quarterback got messed up against NY. Hard break for the Rockets. Still, BU is very well-coached and they have an ever-changing defense that any team will have a challenge preparing for. Briesner kid for BU, if he plays, is an elite athlete.

I guess this comes down to turnovers. FC only one turnover on a bad pass.

Berne knows what’s coming. FC = “Run, run, run the ball... gently down the stream.”

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 pm Throw out the records. Can’t by any means take Berne Union for granted if you’re FC. These seniors are 0-3 against BU. Intense rivalry.

I’ve heard and read BU’s quarterback got messed up against NY. Hard break for the Rockets. Still, BU is very well-coached and they have an ever-changing defense that any team will have a challenge preparing for. Briesner kid for BU, if he plays, is an elite athlete.

Berne knows what’s coming. FC = “Run, run, run the ball... gently down the stream.”
What position does the Briesner kid play? Does he play both ways? Is the QB for Berne Union out for the rest of the year? I think I would pick FC to win regardless.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:38 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 pm Throw out the records. Can’t by any means take Berne Union for granted if you’re FC. These seniors are 0-3 against BU. Intense rivalry.

What position does the Briesner kid play? Does he play both ways? Is the QB for Berne Union out for the rest of the year? I think I would pick FC to win regardless.
WR, both ways. Blazing speed.

Nemeth (QB) I’m told suffered a hard rip to the MCL.

FC = four very good running-backs, very athletic play-maker at QB. Big, athletic o-line that doesn’t play D-line. The offense they run is sort of a combination between Army, Navy and Air Force’s playbooks. FC comes in #6 in the first statewide AP Poll. Only good team they’ve played so far (no disrespect intended to Crestline and Notre Dame) was New Philly T.C.C. TCC had the right idea in their preparation and alignment but FC’s line and fullbacks were too quick and got downfield too easily. May not be as easy against big time rival Berne!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Thank you! I get what you're saying about the Rivalry. Sometimes kids get so fired up about winning, that they are not always focused in what they are supposed to do, and they end up not playing as well, or making a critical mistake. Lets hope the seniors will be able to at least say they went 1-3 against BU.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Running clock for LFC.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000:
2000: FC 49 Berne Union 6
2001: FC 36 BU 28
2002: FC 14 BU 7
2003: FC 40 BU 0
2004: FC 14 BU 6
2005: FC 61 BU 0
2006: FC 28 BU 0
2007: BU 21 FC 7
2008: BU 50 FC 12
2009: BU 32 FC 6
2010: BU 42 FC 0
2011: BU 18 FC 9
2012: FC 35 BU 26
2013: FC 64 BU 39
2014: FC 31 BU 25
2015: FC 10 BU 7
2016: BU 28 FC 27
2017: BU 21 FC 10
2018: BU 27 FC 13

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

That "ever-changing defense" got to see first hand a legit D1 player last week. I think that left a bad taste in their mouthes. They'll come out spitting mad this week and take out their anger on FC. I'm taking the Burnt Onions to get hot and take the win. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:59 pm

That "ever-changing defense" got to see first hand a legit D1 player last week. I think that left a bad taste in their mouthes. They'll come out spitting mad this week and take out their anger on FC. I'm taking the Burnt Onions to get hot and take the win. :mrgreen:
Good call. This rivalry goes in streaks. Will be a lot of emotion. BU linebackers just can’t get too lost in the moment and then pinned in!

Just like the Georgia-G. Tech rivalry: “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.” All I know is if the Bernies come up short, it’ll be a long 365 days or so for the head corch (former head ball coach at Fisher.) Gotta love it.

Lancaster Eagle-Gazette article briefing on the BU-FC game.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

F.C by at least two maybe three tds.

Return to “Football”