BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: WK5 Trimble Outscoring 174-0.... 9/27 Trimble v (3-1) Worthington Christian

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:48 am
SportsFan101 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:04 pm
eagle25 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:05 pm

So you said it doesn't matter and then admitted that it does. :lol:
What Eastern does from this point on won’t affect the Cats’ playoff position, getting points regardless. What DID help- past tense- was them winning weeks 1 and 2, against teams that Trimble wouldn’t gain points if the Eagles lost. Cats will get points from all 6 of Eastern’s remaining games whether they go 1-5 or 6-0, really doesn’t matter lol.
Clearly you don't understand the playoff point system. For instance, when Eastern beats Belpre it helps Trimble more than if Belpre would beat Eastern. So, I'll see your LOL and raise you an LMAO. :mrgreen:
A “LMAO” is when Eastern thought they could beat the Cats and the score ends up being 48-0. Go to your own thread man, this is about the Tomcats and WC.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:48 am
SportsFan101 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:04 pm
eagle25 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:05 pm

So you said it doesn't matter and then admitted that it does. :lol:
What Eastern does from this point on won’t affect the Cats’ playoff position, getting points regardless. What DID help- past tense- was them winning weeks 1 and 2, against teams that Trimble wouldn’t gain points if the Eagles lost. Cats will get points from all 6 of Eastern’s remaining games whether they go 1-5 or 6-0, really doesn’t matter lol.
Clearly you don't understand the playoff point system. For instance, when Eastern beats Belpre it helps Trimble more than if Belpre would beat Eastern. So, I'll see your LOL and raise you an LMAO. :mrgreen:
That is correct. It's not a huge difference, but in what could be an extremely tight race in 21 for seeding - hundredths of a computer point could have an impact.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 am Eastern....Who’s that??

48-0
Eastern is in Meigs County. We typically play tough against Thimble and occasionally knock them off. We didn’t play well and we weren’t healthy when we met a few weeks ago. However, things are coming together now. We will win out and we will be looking at ruling over the new and improved SVAC. Take note. The eagles are coming for you.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

The teams WC has beaten are a combined 6-10 and they have only played one team with a winning record thus far and they lost. With that being said; the Warriors are 4th in this week's Columbus Dispatch Poll but there are only 4 teams listed.
Their main stud is Lucas Hartings who completed 22 of 38 for 329 yards and 2 TDs and rushed for 3 TDs vs Danville. He also accounted for 4 TDs through the air and on the ground vs. GC Christian. He was a Dispatch Athlete of the Week as well. He has video on Twitter and the Hudl. Decent player. Reuel Wright can make plays on defense, averaging over 10 tackles a game. Grant Moore, DJ Moore and a few others are solid WRs and they like to throw it around to those two and 3 others.

This will be my first look at Trimble this week and I am looking forward to seeing the new and improved stadium and being back in that atmosphere. You can hear the game on Power 105 as our GOTW. Myself and Brian Breining will be on the call. Good luck to the Tomcats.
Last edited by Logangrad on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Live Like A Champion!
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Baldeagle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:35 am

48-0
Eastern is in Meigs County. We typically play tough against Thimble and occasionally knock them off. We didn’t play well and we weren’t healthy when we met a few weeks ago. However, things are coming together now. We will win out and we will be looking at ruling over the new and improved SVAC. Take note. The eagles are coming for you.
Not playing well and not being healthy seem to be the ever so common theme and excuse after the smack down Trimble hands out.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Just wait till next time

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

SportsFan101 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:03 am

48-0
Not playing well and not being healthy seem to be the ever so common theme and excuse after the smack down Trimble hands out.
That's fine, just keep talking smack and crowing about beating up on D7 teams when they're really young, banged up and not playing well. We'll see what happens next year when those Eagles grow up. Hopefully that will be our last in that dumpster fire that is the TVC Hocking.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:14 am

That's fine, just keep talking smack and crowing about beating up on D7 teams when they're really young, banged up and not playing well. We'll see what happens next year when those Eagles grow up. Hopefully that will be our last in that dumpster fire that is the TVC Hocking.
Calling a league that you can’t seam to win a title in a dumpster fire seems a little far fetched. Maybe even spiteful? Either way- better luck next year.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

SportsFan101 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:20 am

Calling a league that you can’t seam to win a title in a dumpster fire seems a little far fetched. Maybe even spiteful? Either way- better luck next year.
Call it what you want, but when two teams abruptly leave a league and the rest of the members are all discussing leaving or expelling other schools I call that a dumpster fire. Next year when Eastern gets you with unbiased officials and a veteran team you'll probably be crying for a change. :lol:

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Wow and you think it will be any different in a new league? Build your program--not run to a new league and hope.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

vcgrad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:47 am Wow and you think it will be any different in a new league? Build your program--not run to a new league and hope.
That's hilarious coming from a "VC grad." Your school has been trying to find a way to get away from Athens since they came into the league. We're not running from anything other than a league that is clearly in disarray.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 am

Call it what you want, but when two teams abruptly leave a league and the rest of the members are all discussing leaving or expelling other schools I call that a dumpster fire. Next year when Eastern gets you with unbiased officials and a veteran team you'll probably be crying for a change. :lol:
Both teams are leaving because they discovered they just can’t compete. Both had other reasons as well but competition was a key factor. According to that, I guess it would make since for Eastern to dip out next. Guess Trimble and Waterford would be the only two left if everyone followed your logic and ran to another league instead of building programs up. Seems like a common problem in today’s world- things get tough let’s run to where it’s easier. Lol, inspirational.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I made a thread for Eastern people so they will leave trimble thread for trimble

#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

SportsFan101 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:01 am
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 am
Both teams are leaving because they discovered they just can’t compete. Both had other reasons as well but competition was a key factor. According to that, I guess it would make since for Eastern to dip out next. Guess Trimble and Waterford would be the only two left if everyone followed your logic and ran to another league instead of building programs up. Seems like a common problem in today’s world- things get tough let’s run to where it’s easier. Lol, inspirational.
No, actually that would be if they followed your logic. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems. From what I've read and heard it will be Belpre, Thimble and FH left. Also, Wahama won state and TVC championships recently in football, softball and baseball, so I doubt they're leaving because of competition. Eastern and Waterford dominate girls sports, both league and with state championships, so no running from competition there either. It's because the TVC is dysfunctional.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

All I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Dysfunctional? How so? And Wahama left because the WV and OH sports dates don’t align and it was messing with their post seasons. I will agree the TVC needs to do some realignment or something, but the league itself isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and neither is Eastern so I’d just put that thought to rest.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

SportsFan101 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:00 pm Dysfunctional? How so? And Wahama left because the WV and OH sports dates don’t align and it was messing with their post seasons. I will agree the TVC needs to do some realignment or something, but the league itself isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and neither is Eastern so I’d just put that thought to rest.
Let's see, first you said Wahama is "leaving because they discovered they just can’t compete." Now you say something else. Not a very reliable source I would say. We'll see about the rest of the league but Eastern and a few others are going to make a change that's for sure. But for whatever reason you think you know better, so I'll just let you think that for now. :mrgreen:

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Back to game- Worthington Christian and Trimble are on different paths. Worthington Christian is building a program and the program is making strides. This is the Warriors best team in their short football history. Trimble has played in 2 State Championships and has a very very good team this year. Trimble will win this game but its a good building block for Worthington Christian to play a team like Trimble. Its will gauge where the Warriors are and how far they have to go to be a state power. If this were basketball we would be talking the opposite- Worthington Christian has the state Championships and Trimble the school trying to get there.

DuceGun21
Waterboy

Post by DuceGun21 »

48-0
Hey Baldy I’m just curious but has Eastern ever beaten Trimble in football? I think one time in the history of the game! But yeah you play them tough every year makes me roll on the floor and LMAO! That’s why you guys will never win big football games bc you think losing but playing some one “tough” is a good thing! Well we around here in glouster win games while your off playing Your opponent tough😂

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Trimble’s Opponents thus far are 7-9, while Trimble is 4-0. Worthington Christian’s Opponents are 6-10, which four of those wins belong to Galion Northmor, which is 4-0. WC lost to them 42-17. I think Trimble rolls here but WC scores at some point in the game. With that being said though, Trimble takes a lot of pride on the defensive side.

Return to “Football”