Waverly 13 - 48 Amanda CC

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly 13 - 48 Amanda CC

Post by Omega »

The undefeated Aces invade Raidiger Field to battle the Waverly Tigers in a week five matchup. AC will be heavy favorites against the home team as they defeated Unioto 32-14, the same team that dominated the Tigers 41-14.
Waverly will have the best player on the field in Payton Shoemaker, but the question will be can the Tigers be physical enough to keep the Aces from dominating the line of scrimmage. Thoughts please.
Last edited by Omega on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: WK 5: Amanda Clearcreek (4-0) @ Waverly (3-1)

Post by Rolltanks »

I wouldn’t use the Unioto scores as a bench mark. We were 14-17 into the fourth and two turnovers led to two scores late. Having said that they had 5 turnovers or it would have likely been worse. Also if we played waverly 100 times we would never beat them 41-14 again. As for shoemaker he is very talented but I wouldn’t say he is the clear beat on the field. Ac has three backs that are all very good fast and physical. There qb is a big running threat. There line are all like tight ends 6-3 and athletic. Waverly can still win this game. My advice to them would be to play tight on their receivers. Their qb has trouble with deep and intermediate passes. When they throw it is bubble or rocket screen. I would be most concerned when they go double tight power I. Number 25 is a legit d1 player. On defense they are weaker to the pass. You guys can create mismatches in the pass game. 13 is their weaker corner. 5 and 15 are dangerous in the secondary. 25 is a beast at backer run away or double him. 29 is other backer he has no chance to tackle shoe. They run 4-2-5 the overhang monster is tiny and will go to your sting side. If you guys have twins and put 2 as an h back away from twins you have numbers and can run shoe. Good luck to the tigers.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A-C by 14

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I want the Tigers to win, but I really think that they are going to have to play a lot better defense than they have played these last two games.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Going to be tough to lineup shoemaker and run it 41 times against the Aces, they're just to physical for that. If Waverly is without shanks, who honestly can't get around at all and shouldn't be playing, then they need to get Will back to QB where he belongs with no shanks available. If they make this correction I think Waverly can play with the Aces but they've got to play mistake free ball and handle the physicality of Amanda waverly can stay within a score or 2. If no changes are made and shoemaker carries the load aces win this by 2 probably 3 scores.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I think AC is overrated and only ranked where they are on name alone. They might be a good team, but they're not a great team.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:47 pm I think AC is overrated and only ranked where they are on name alone. They might be a good team, but they're not a great team.
Compared to who?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:47 pm I think AC is overrated and only ranked where they are on name alone. They might be a good team, but they're not a great team.
And Waverly is a great team ?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 pm Going to be tough to lineup shoemaker and run it 41 times against the Aces, they're just to physical for that. If Waverly is without shanks, who honestly can't get around at all and shouldn't be playing, then they need to get Will back to QB where he belongs with no shanks available. If they make this correction I think Waverly can play with the Aces but they've got to play mistake free ball and handle the physicality of Amanda waverly can stay within a score or 2. If no changes are made and shoemaker carries the load aces win this by 2 probably 3 scores.
Will Futhey, a legit D1, has to touch the ball more. Shoe was in the backfield with 2 other backs against Fairland. Get Will back there with Shoe. It won’t be the same offense as you run with Shanks but your two best athletes and playmakers have to get the ball in their hands. They need the majority of the touches and then you have about 4 others you can go to with a few touches to keep em honest (Wolf, Stulley, Morrison, Poe). 11 pass attempts will not get it done against the Aces.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm
No idea. Just saying, I'm an MSL guy and I dont think AC is what people think they are based on record. They needed a hail mary to beat a bad Liberty Union team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interesting matchup.

Amanda seems to be a decent favorite. See how they handle Shoemaker. He’s tough

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:19 pm
No idea. Just saying, I'm an MSL guy and I dont think AC is what people think they are based on record. They needed a hail mary to beat a bad Liberty Union team.
You're correct that they're not on par with Ron's State Champ teams, runner-up and regional champ teams over the years but tradition plays a part in any great winning program and If this is called playing on name alone then I'd take it. They don't do too bad for being in a village of 750 people surrounded for miles by pig, cattle and sheep farmers with a gas station, 3 other businesses and a skating rink. One thing for sure, they'll always be physical and play hard and aggressively.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Associated Press rankings are crap. Amanda is a good, not great team, that could be a lot better if they cleaned up a few things. They do have some weaknesses, but show me a high school team that doesn't.

Waverly is a quality opponent and this should be a good game.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Nothing against Wade as he is a athlete also but I agree Will needs to be in QB. He is a dual threat

OhioHS football
Waterboy

Post by OhioHS football »

Assume your a Fairfield Union guy.....if so, any thoughts after this past Fridays game?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

OhioHS football wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 am

Assume your a Fairfield Union guy.....if so, any thoughts after this past Fridays game?
I am. But I live in Vegas so I've not seen fu play, obviously. But I know the numbers are way low and they aren't very good at all. Losing to lakewood was tough to see. Fu was only down 27-0 at half friday vs AC and I considered that a win. I do have a friend who lives in amanda, he thinks they're good enough to win 2 playoff games but doesnt think this team is as good this year as they will be next year.

Our best option to get real info on them is probably fishercatholicfan (I think that's his screenname) as he always has a really good feel for all the teams around Lancaster.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This will be a tough game for the Tigers given the circumstances they are facing. They will need to play a mistake free game and hope the Aces make a few. Going into the season Waverly knew their strong side of the ball was the O and when they were going to go up against a good opponent their best chance of winning would to be to outscore them. But now that the O is struggling, it is making it that much touger for the D. The D is being forced to be on the field much more than they would like to because the O has trouble sustaining drives. Although I do agree the D needs to be better in many aspects. As far as the QB position goes, I never personally saw Will play in jr. high so I can only go off of what other are saying about him. I would like to see him get a shot back there, if anything just to allow him and Shoe let their athletic ability do the work. If the coaches want to go with Wade, I don't have a problem with that, but I do hope they begin calling plays that suite Wade and not Shanks. Wade is not Shanks and should have the play calling tailored to his strengths. Because if not they are setting him up to fail. Wade has a nice arm and if he gets to run plays he's able to succeed with I think he would be fine. They do need to do a better job getting some of the WRs the ball, throwing deep and fade balls to them 4-5 times a game isn't gonna get it done. Will, Wolf, Stulley, Zeke, and Morrison are all great athletes and can make things happen if given more opportunities.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 am This will be a tough game for the Tigers given the circumstances they are facing. They will need to play a mistake free game and hope the Aces make a few. Going into the season Waverly knew their strong side of the ball was the O and when they were going to go up against a good opponent their best chance of winning would to be to outscore them. But now that the O is struggling, it is making it that much touger for the D. The D is being forced to be on the field much more than they would like to because the O has trouble sustaining drives. Although I do agree the D needs to be better in many aspects. As far as the QB position goes, I never personally saw Will play in jr. high so I can only go off of what other are saying about him. I would like to see him get a shot back there, if anything just to allow him and Shoe let their athletic ability do the work. If the coaches want to go with Wade, I don't have a problem with that, but I do hope they begin calling plays that suite Wade and not Shanks. Wade is not Shanks and should have the play calling tailored to his strengths. Because if not they are setting him up to fail. Wade has a nice arm and if he gets to run plays he's able to succeed with I think he would be fine. They do need to do a better job getting some of the WRs the ball, throwing deep and fade balls to them 4-5 times a game isn't gonna get it done. Will, Wolf, Stulley, Zeke, and Morrison are all great athletes and can make things happen if given more opportunities.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Will Waverly with the stack on defense?

What other seniors does Waverly have. The kicker-Grayson, Shoemaker, Swepston, one of the Brown brothers, and a few lineman right?

I was at the diner and there was someone talking about a running back who is a senior that has they hope to see play. I can not figure it out. It would be great if they have someone else who can help out

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

What is Shanks status

Return to “Football”