Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Re: WK5 Vinton County v Athens

Post by LeftHanded »

mattash wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:58 amThoughts?
This is a big one! I think Vinton County is really starting to come together on offense. The offense isn’t one that is going to put up 35+ a week. It’s a grind it out, wear down the defense, control tempo style. The defense has looked verrrrrry good (definitely the strongest unit).

I think it goes to whoever controls the pace of the game. I’m pumped.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It's TVC play right?? Ok Athens walks away with the victory.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 am It's TVC play right?? Ok Athens walks away with the victory.
I think TVC is just a tad more open this year compared to years prior

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Vinton county with the victory in a close game!! 30-22

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With the game being at Vinton County, lets hope that we have a very good ballgame. If VC can somewhat contain the QB from Athens, it could turn out to be a very close game. I realize containing Moore, is easier said than done.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 am It's TVC play right?? Ok Athens walks away with the victory.
There is a lot of parity in the TVC.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Gonna have to say athens but in a close one 14 points

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Good to see Vinton Co. good again, but my heart's with AHS.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens by 21

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LeftHanded wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 am
Guess we'll find out

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:08 pm
LeftHanded wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 am
Guess we'll find out
Yep, it's still the "Athens Valley Conference " in most sports.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Fantastic50 has Athens by 9.
CalPeps has Athens by 9. (21-12)
Houseworth has Athens by 12.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:38 pm Fantastic50 has Athens by 9.
CalPeps has Athens by 9. (21-12)
Houseworth has Athens by 12.
93Bulldog doesnt care if its 1 or 100. Lol

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

House worth had Portsmouth West beating Wellston by 7. Of course there was one prognosticator that missed it by 80 points.
Projections are interesting but don’t mean much.I wouldn’t count Vinton County out in this one.

Former ATown Bomber
Waterboy

Post by Former ATown Bomber »

If VC can defend the QB AND their passing game then I believe this will be closer than most inticipate...

Some things to keep in mind,

1. In the first week VC held Unioto to 14 in a heartbreaker.

2. Waverly came from behind to beat Athens in a shootout.

3. Unioto went to Waverly and absolutely trounced the tigers by a score of 41-14 if I am not mistaken.

This game will be close if VC can do those two things as mentioned above, otherwise it will be all Athens.... If they do pull off the upset then look for this group to gather a huge confidence boost and you may see a something happen that's hasn't in their football program since 1999!
Pulling for the VC win!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Former ATown Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:24 am If VC can defend the QB AND their passing game then I believe this will be closer than most inticipate...

3. Unioto went to Waverly and absolutely trounced the tigers by a score of 41-14 if I am not mistaken.

This game will be close if VC can do those two things as mentioned above, otherwise it will be all Athens.... If they do pull off the upset then look for this group to gather a huge confidence boost and you may see a something happen that's hasn't in their football program since 1999!
Pulling for the VC win!
Hate to break it to you but something to keep in mind. Your points 1.2.3 mean absolutely nothing at this point in the season. Unioto has improved vastly and Carroll has gotten some confidence to him. Waverly beat Athens with Shanks at QB. Unioto capitalized on all the waverly mistakes and really made the score look bad towards the end. Also Waverly QB was out early 3rd quarter. Athens was getting it handed to them by Jackson only to come back and make a game of it because of their passing attack. Hate to burst your bubble on your first post but there's nothing in common with these 2 teams, can't compare teams they've played unless it's a common opponent. Good Luck Friday though.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Former ATown Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:24 am If VC can defend the QB AND their passing game then I believe this will be closer than most inticipate...

Pulling for the VC win!
I 100% agree! Obviously it is all about matchups, it is nice to see those comparable scores. Might give the team some belief going into the game (while also knowing they still need to go out and execute)

Vinton County's defensive line is no joke. They are deep and talented.

If they can add consistent pressure to Moore and can control the pace of the game with their run heavy offense, I think it will be one heck of a game!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VC has to do what Jackson did. Long drives to drain the clock and to keep Moore on the sideline. Athens offense can score in one play on anyone.

Former ATown Bomber
Waterboy

Post by Former ATown Bomber »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:40 am

Pulling for the VC win!
Hate to break it to you but something to keep in mind. Your points 1.2.3 mean absolutely nothing at this point in the season. Unioto has improved vastly and Carroll has gotten some confidence to him. Waverly beat Athens with Shanks at QB. Unioto capitalized on all the waverly mistakes and really made the score look bad towards the end. Also Waverly QB was out early 3rd quarter. Athens was getting it handed to them by Jackson only to come back and make a game of it because of their passing attack. Hate to burst your bubble on your first post but there's nothing in common with these 2 teams, can't compare teams they've played unless it's a common opponent. Good Luck Friday though.
Yes, I understand you should never compare scores from other games however it is important to realize that it's all in the preparation. VC kept Carroll in check this year compared to last because they were better prepared. They just made a special team's mistake that kept them from going to OT. Part of preparation is believing you can do it. That's why I stated those 3 points. But we all realize that's why we play the game. We can say all of these things and it means nothing until the game is over lol. Just lots fun to talk about.

In my first line I stated that vc has to do defend the QB and their passing game. I am cautiously optimistic they can do that as this team is getting much better at preparing for each week's opponent. However if they don't this will be a "Athens names the score" type game as it has been practically every time....

Good luck to both teams!
Pulling for the VC win!

Return to “Football”