WK 5 Magnolia (0-3) @ Frontier (4-0)

carbon_dated
All State

WK 5 Magnolia (0-3) @ Frontier (4-0)

Post by carbon_dated »

Cougars looking at first 5-0 start since '14 and more importantly, to stay among the leaders in region 27.
Schools met last year for first time in history and Blue Eagles won by 3 TDs.
Magnolia missing leadership as five returning lettermen in senior class decided NOT to play this fall.
Could be Magnolia's best shot at avoiding 0-10 season with Monroe Central, St. Marys, Marietta, Tyler Consolidated, Fort Frye & Wheeling Central still to play. Either way, my sources tell me stop Schmidt, Barnhart and Bills and you beat Frontier.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 5 Magnolia (0-3) @ Frontier (4-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:21 pm Cougars looking at first 5-0 start since '14 and more importantly, to stay among the leaders in region 27.
Schools met last year for first time in history and Blue Eagles won by 3 TDs.
Magnolia missing leadership as five returning lettermen in senior class decided NOT to play this fall.
Could be Magnolia's best shot at avoiding 0-10 season with Monroe Central, St. Marys, Marietta, Tyler Consolidated, Fort Frye & Wheeling Central still to play. Either way, my sources tell me stop Schmidt, Barnhart and Bills and you beat Frontier.

They just got Joel Lewis back last week and he ran for 100.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

They got Lewis back? Who's going to stop Frontier now?
Could be one of their best seasons since the great Anthony Mossburg quarterbacked FHS to a perfect regular season years ago.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Frontier !

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:23 pm They got Lewis back? Who's going to stop Frontier now?
Could be one of their best seasons since the great Anthony Mossburg quarterbacked FHS to a perfect regular season years ago.
I sense sarcasm

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Eastern DSpy i think you called that one.

Frontier could win this. The new coaching staff making a difference.

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
wcduttonradio
Waterboy

Post by wcduttonradio »

This was my assessment from WV Tailgate Central...

Frontier's offense will be tested, but I believe they can score enough points to defeat Magnolia this week. Very sad to see how Magnolia's offense has struggled this season. I believe this could be a very low scoring game which will help Magnolia's chances, but just not sure they can pull this one out... 24-12 or 24-6 Frontier.

By the way, Frontier (OH) is making a great case to make the playoffs this year. They need at least seven to eight wins to guarantee a playoff spot, and it's very doable with their schedule. It would be their first postseason berth in 15 years, since 2004 with the same coach, no less. Russ Morris was their coach in 2004 to take them undefeated in the regular season, and he's now in his second year of his second stint at Frontier.

Return to “Football”