Rock Hill 7 - 48 Gallia Academy

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Gallia Academy (7-0 4-0) @ Rock Hill (1-6 1-3)

Post by VetteMan »

REDMEN95 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:48 pm Upset of the week!
RH 42 Gallia 36
I'll give you credit for saying what you think, but you should have said , "Upset of the Year".

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:39 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:27 pm Terrible news for GA, Armstrong out.
They've known this all week. No way they are gonna play him. He has to be 100% for week 9.
Heard he’s out for the remainder of regular season.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

NoPain23 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:37 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:39 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:27 pm Terrible news for GA, Armstrong out.
They've known this all week. No way they are gonna play him. He has to be 100% for week 9.
Heard he’s out for the remainder of regular season.
If he is, he is. Last I had heard, it was two weeks and a return would've been next Friday. Whatever happens will happen and the Blue Devils will be just fine.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:07 pm
loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm Since I'm not seeing a topic here, I'll make one, albeit a few days late! Sorry y'all. Been really sick lately and I've been slacking as a result.

Aaaaaaanyway.

Gallia Academy opens the season at 7-0 for the first time since, (I believe) 1984, following a dominant 2nd Half win over the Grovers. Can the Blue avoid slipping up in this potential trap game?

Rock Hill currently sits among the bottom dwellers of the conference, following an ugly loss to Ironton. Can they right the ship this week?

GG16's pick: GA 55 RH 14
7-0 for the first time since the '86 team went 10-0.

GAHS was 6-0 in 1994, but lost at home to Logan.

Blue need to stay focused this week and take care of business. One week at a time.
The Gallipolitans were in a much better conference then :o (Gallipolis 48 - Rock Hill 7)
Right on the $$$$$ :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
RHAlum1986
Waterboy

Post by RHAlum1986 »

It’s time for the Rock Hill school board to realize their mistake on giving the program to Lutz, its time for a new direction. And I don’t want to hear the garbage about injuries. It’s the coaches responsibility to develop players and that has not happened. This program is in reverse.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

RHAlum1986 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 pm It’s time for the Rock Hill school board to realize their mistake on giving the program to Lutz, its time for a new direction. And I don’t want to hear the garbage about injuries. It’s the coaches responsibility to develop players and that has not happened. This program is in reverse.
In defense of coach lutz. Rock hill is blessed with absolute monsters up front they are huge kids and tonight against gallipolis those kids played their hearts out. What rock hill is devoid in is speed, no offense to their skill guys they were hard charging and hard nosed kids who gave it there all. The old French city knows all about being without gamebreaking speed. ( see 2015 and 2016 season for reference). Coach lutz is dealing with the kids he has in front of him. If you know of kids at rock hill that are running a sub 4.7 I am sure coach lutz would change up his game plan. Until that happens what rock hill is doing is giving them the best chance of being competitive.

Sack him or don’t that is up to the board but he is a good coach.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

RHAlum1986 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 pm It’s time for the Rock Hill school board to realize their mistake on giving the program to Lutz, its time for a new direction. And I don’t want to hear the garbage about injuries. It’s the coaches responsibility to develop players and that has not happened. This program is in reverse.
I agree His record in His 3 years is not on his side, less wins every season.

You can't handle the truth
svac83
SE

Re: Rock Hill 7 - 48 Gallia Academy

Post by svac83 »

looking From the outside in the problem at rock hill and you also could add Chesapeake to this list. Has nothing to do with in season coaching. It is off season stuff. Maybe line coaching. Both of these teams have huge lineman that should be able to lean on teams and wear them down.

But they can’t and this is not a season problem. The problem with Chesapeake may be more that they don’t try more then can’t. They choose to be a finess team even with that line.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

svac83 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:02 pm looking From the outside in the problem at rock hill and you also could add Chesapeake to this list. Has nothing to do with in season coaching. It is off season stuff. Maybe line coaching. Both of these teams have huge lineman that should be able to lean on teams and wear them down.

But they can’t and this is not a season problem. The problem with Chesapeake may be more that they don’t try more then can’t. They choose to be a finess team even with that line.
That is the responsibility of the Head Coach, Finding the right people to Help ,Getting Kids in Gym for conditioning etc.

You can't handle the truth
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 pm
loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 pm

7-0 for the first time since the '86 team went 10-0.

GAHS was 6-0 in 1994, but lost at home to Logan.

Blue need to stay focused this week and take care of business. One week at a time.
The Gallipolitans were in a much better conference then :o (Gallipolis 48 - Rock Hill 7)
If your not happy in the OVC then go somewhere else... I’m sure there are many “better” conferences that would love to have your devils...lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

REDMEN95 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 pm

If your not happy in the OVC then go somewhere else... I’m sure there are many “better” conferences that would love to have your devils...lol
I’ve said it forever that Gallia needs out of the ovc. It’s not the kids fault there in the ovc but playing better teams will keep them from week 11 losses. They have the 101st softest schedule out of 106 division 4 teams. If they beat Ironton I’ll shut up lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

REDMEN95 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 pm

I don't believe loganlocos nor I are Gallipolis fans, just stating records and talking about the old SEOAL. It was the best (and largest schools) conference in SEO for decades. Up until the 90's -00's the OVC & TVC would never have entertained the idea of letting an Ironton , Gallipolis, Portsmouth, Logan, Athens or Jackson in their league. It's changed over the years with population declines in school numbers in some of these places and some have been welcomed by conferences and others not and they've had to scramble & look elsewhere for other conferences. The number I posted for a prediction just happened to be the score, that's all. It's not the kids fault as another post stated earlier. I know there are more conference mismatches today more than ever and it definitely doesn't help get anyone playoff ready with these type games.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

First, Gallia has three non conference football games. If the problem is competition, upgrade your non conference first. Once Gallia does that and the problem still exists, then consider other conference options

Secondly,maybe try winning the conference in football and basketball a few times in a row, before you consider other options.

I’ve heard the post season argument before. Ironton played in 3 state championships as a member of the SEOAL. The entire state recognized it as a terrible football conference.

Thirdly, what other conference would want Gallia in football? It’s a coin flip
right now as to who
has the worst facility in maybe the entire southeastern part of the state, but certainly the OVC. it’s between Gallia and Fairland.

I don’t believe any of Gallias programs suffer because of the conference. You should have at least 8 non conference basketball games, 3 football and 10 plus non conf baseball games to
play. Have at it. Licking Valley, Desales, Logan, Jackson, etc. Shouldn’t be hard to replace your current non conf opponents.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

:lol:
Paulcrew wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 am First, Gallia has three non conference football games. If the problem is competition, upgrade your non conference first. Once Gallia does that and the problem still exists, then consider other conference options

Secondly,maybe try winning the conference in football and basketball a few times in a row, before you consider other options.

I’ve heard the post season argument before. Ironton played in 3 state championships as a member of the SEOAL. The entire state recognized it as a terrible football conference.

Thirdly, what other conference would want Gallia in football? It’s a coin flip
right now as to who
has the worst facility in maybe the entire southeastern part of the state, but certainly the OVC. it’s between Gallia and Fairland.

I don’t believe any of Gallias programs suffer because of the conference. You should have at least 8 non conference basketball games, 3 football and 10 plus non conf baseball games to
play. Have at it. Licking Valley, Desales, Logan, Jackson, etc. Shouldn’t be hard to replace your current non conf opponents.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I could been wrong but no matter what conference gallia academy was in what do they have all time 3 or 4 playoff victories all time? that is a wild guess on my part but i know when they won in week 11 in 2012 it amazed me of all the more playoff wins they had ever had.

Also is anyone forgetting where this team was 2.5 years ago? and really since 2012. build your brand then you start improving your schedule. i will also say i will wait until end of year to judge schedule. but most years point is a really good team. meigs for years was at least competitive. river valley is just a county game that is gone now.

i have no complaints with OVC if i do have it has to do with fans traveling. but that has been a problem for years.

Return to “Football”