Wheelersburg 42 Valley 0

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: WK9 Wheelersburg @ Valley

Post by Crab's Brother »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:58 pm
scott1297 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:14 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:04 am What is Valley's Record? Could Burg jump to 1st in the region after this week?
Even with a Burg win if Ironton defeats Gallia they will more than likely jump to #1 in the region then Ridgewood would be #2 Burg would fall to #3 there is some other factors that would have to happen also but let's hope that doesn't happen! GO BURG

Lot of different scenarios could play out over the next two weeks. Would love to see Burg match up with Portsmouth in the first round. Would be a packed house at The Ed!!!!
If what I am hearing is correct, I don't look for Portsmouth to have much of a chance in a playoff game.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:29 am

Even with a Burg win if Ironton defeats Gallia they will more than likely jump to #1 in the region then Ridgewood would be #2 Burg would fall to #3 there is some other factors that would have to happen also but let's hope that doesn't happen! GO BURG

Lot of different scenarios could play out over the next two weeks. Would love to see Burg match up with Portsmouth in the first round. Would be a packed house at The Ed!!!!
If what I am hearing is correct, I don't look for Portsmouth to have much of a chance in a playoff game.
Makaya Matthews Vs. Talyn Parker would most likely be the game played at the Ed game 1. Scoring shootout between SEO's elite runners.

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm Burg is going to destroy Valley. It’s going to be a running clock by the second quarter. Burg is on a mission. Horsely and Matthews Valley can’t stop. Enough said
You're probably right about them not stopping Horsely and Matthews, but running clock doesn't start until the 2nd half.

My question to you is this, what are you wanting for your kids? I go to every game and I see them playing. I see them making big plays. Tell me how you acting like this helps them or their team? Are you that selfish and narrow minded? I'd say the younger one is doing just fine considering he did not even join the team until the first week of the season. My kid and his friends said he was hurt and wasn't going to play. I know I wish my kid played more, but I trust that coaches are making the right call.

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

:?:
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:29 am

What’s happening at Portsmouth? Since the season started I see they have a good passing game to keep heat off Portsmouth but the D is the ?

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

will_eye_am74 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 am Yes I know the running clock doesn’t start until the second half but thank you and I don’t see anything in that post about my kids playing time or performance or coaches. So why you as many others take it there is beyond me but since you asked I want for my kids to be accepted for who they are and are capable of just like any parent and not because of who their parents are. But as far as my post affecting them or the team. Once again I didn’t realize my post said my kids don’t get enough playing time. I as far as being narrow minded and selfish it’s a free country to say what you want but far from the truth sir !! Narrow minded is continually doing the same thing expecting different results. So I guess my posts are selfish and narrow minded but yet I have never once said my kids need this or that. I have multiple times said that the play calling is selfish and there is more talent on the team that isn’t being used... no one ever likes to hear the truth. Maybe the post is negative and I should have worded it better I am sorry for that.

My grapes aren’t sour and I don’t have a little Johnny on the field but I know a player when I see one and valley has a stud taking the backseat to to a freshman and you can defend it til your blue in the face and call me a hypocrite or what ever big word you find to make your self fell better. When a better player takes a backseat to another player it should be because he better be a ball player and I still yet to be impressed. With that being said I really was just trying with my original post say valley had a lot of talent that was being overlooked but you turned it into something it wasn’t. So the real question here is why so defensive and who is little Johnny because I guess he is being shafted to. The play calling in all wasn’t so bad if you was #1 I mean how many reverses or sweeps did Valley try to run with him ? He got tackled by a kid already on the ground and still kept getting the ball. So what I am getting out of this is valley has no more backs.. not good waverly may just pummel them !! O I didn’t get to watch the game against northwest I was out of town but heard it was a good one

I think the valley coaches don’t use what talents they have enough. They have 3-4 Receivers that are talented enough to catch a ball and get yards. They need to mix up the run more. Nothing personal to any one but Arnett has talent but has a hard time finding or making a hole and seems to be easy to tackle. They used the freshman Glover (#9) after starting FB Trey B was injured and he was doing a fine job and then went back to handing the ball off to Arnett instead of mixing it up. The Oaks defense was calling out the plays on the line. You can’t win like that if the defense already knows what your doing then it probably won’t work . A lot of talented athletes on that Valley team taking backseats if you ask me!

Voice of reason if you thought you was close to me say Hi !! So if you watched the game who scored the only TD valley had ? Last week against the Oaks who had 1 of the 2 TDS valley had ? Perkins had the other 1 and he worked for it. Unrealistic ability!! I saw #9 open multiple holes that no one ran threw. What did you see I missed ? Well voice of reason answer me this if stats aren’t padded then why are 4 players stats not changed since game 2 but other “key” players has !! Why haven’t all the stats been updated for all players ? That’s what is fair to them because they all show up on Friday and play. So you tell your so when he asks why his stats haven’t been updated but others has. I will tell you like I tell him I don’t know they will get it. I don’t care what you think of me don’t say crap about my wife or my boys. Their abilities are well above average. They just don’t the opportunity like others !!

well Crabs brother let’s talk about playing time and stats. What is sad is that you and voice of reason are delusional about some one not caring about winning or a team instead their own kids play time and stats. Instead of accusing people of being douche bags. Why in the hell would a kid continue to be in the back field when he allowed the quarterback to get smashed 3 times. You have your starting fullback standing on the side line instead of in the game ? Maybe he is still injured I don’t know. But he had a good game on defense. Keep giving the ball to your stud player and you will continue to loose Period boys. Roll that in your pipes and smoke it !!

So what you and the other gentleman is saying is that Valley has no other backs to run the ball but Arnett. Dam that stinks. Plus I never said anyone was being miss treated I believe I said over looked. But thank you for twisting my words. Argue til your blue in the face Arnett isn’t as good as you want him to be 27 carries for 134 yards isn’t that good. I got those from sosa. Now I am not saying he is a bad player or person so please don’t twist my words. This is my opinion so please don’t take it personal or make it personal because it’s not. I have been watching a couple of young boys play and yes we are related but I am just extended family member so my opinion may be a little bias but I try to be fair.
Some big highlights here.

footballfan2222
Waterboy

Post by footballfan2222 »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:14 pm
footballfan2222 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:34 am
ohioriverfisher wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:30 am Where did the Waverly burg thread go? Get deleted? Lol
I was wondering the same thing.
I would say it was because putting players number and it was getting bad with shoemakers dad! Is he still on here?
Saw him on the Minford and Waverly thread

14U
S

Post by 14U »

footballfan2222 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:52 am
14U wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:14 pm
footballfan2222 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:34 am
I was wondering the same thing.
I would say it was because putting players number and it was getting bad with shoemakers dad! Is he still on here?
Saw him on the Minford and Waverly thread
Yes he is on, he made a smart ass answer to me, lol

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Go Burg

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

burg by a lot. I would consider resting Horsley this week, because if Horsley is fully healthy by playoffs then look out

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I would expect horsley to not play just as a precaution. I have heard everything from it’s broken to just a bruise but we certainly don’t want to do anything that could affect him for the playoff run. I would predict burg should win the game without him but I would have bet the house on Minford over oak hill last week so it shows what I know. I do think wheelersburg is a different team now that he has played qb but I don’t think he has been 100% healthy all year we need him and Matthews to be 100% going into week 11

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

victor creed wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm I would expect horsley to not play just as a precaution. I have heard everything from it’s broken to just a bruise but we certainly don’t want to do anything that could affect him for the playoff run. I would predict burg should win the game without him but I would have bet the house on Minford over oak hill last week so it shows what I know. I do think wheelersburg is a different team now that he has played qb but I don’t think he has been 100% healthy all year we need him and Matthews to be 100% going into week 11
I don't think it's broken. I saw him yesterday and he was not in a boot or cast, so that's good. It's probably a sprain and I like the idea of holding him out or limited play. Maybe throw a couple of balls but mostly handoff.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 pm
victor creed wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm I would expect horsley to not play just as a precaution. I have heard everything from it’s broken to just a bruise but we certainly don’t want to do anything that could affect him for the playoff run. I would predict burg should win the game without him but I would have bet the house on Minford over oak hill last week so it shows what I know. I do think wheelersburg is a different team now that he has played qb but I don’t think he has been 100% healthy all year we need him and Matthews to be 100% going into week 11
I don't think it's broken. I saw him yesterday and he was not in a boot or cast, so that's good. It's probably a sprain and I like the idea of holding him out or limited play. Maybe throw a couple of balls but mostly handoff.
I talked to him, it’s a strained muscle (whatever that means). He’s going to play this week but I would suspect it being on a limited basis or pitch count

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I wouldn’t play him or makya. But then again I’m not the coach

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Nothing is garaunteed. Everyone has to play for burg. Especially against Valley at Valley and Crabtree. Sure hope the boys are preparing, this is not a win just because burg shows up!

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:59 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 pm
I talked to him, it’s a strained muscle (whatever that means). He’s going to play this week but I would suspect it being on a limited basis or pitch count
I heard he had a high ankle sprain but who really know but I heard this from one of his teammates

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:54 pm I wouldn’t play him or makya. But then again I’m not the coach
It's their senior year why wouldn't you play them if they are healthy enough ?

Burg grad 85
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Well if they are healthy then yeah play em. We kinda took 5-6 weeks to realize he should be the qb and we have some catching up to do. The difference in the offense from when he took over against Minford to the waverly game was very easy to see even playing hurt because they had 2 weeks of practice and running the offense. He was just starting to get 100% healthy when this injury happened. He is no way healthy right now. I think by week one of the playoffs he could be ready to go but you don’t want to reaggrevate whatever it truly is he is dealing with and knowing him he will want to go the whole game. I trust the coaches will know what’s best So glad it’s not a break or something to keep him out indefinitely

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I don't know how it took Burg 6 weeks to realize Horsley was the QB. He was the backup last year behind Salyers, taking reps in practice and everything?? What made Burg think Matthews was a better QB when Horsley has been throwing and taking reps for an entire year beforehand? In the preseason I said Horsley is the QB, after Matthews' injury, I said Horsley is the QB, and now finally i can say Horsley is the QB and Burg is a helluva lot better going into the playoffs. Not hating just kinda wondering why this happened lol

Go Burg, get that league title.

Return to “Football”