Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

lostcause
Freshman Team

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by lostcause »

After all the bantering in the last 16 pages I lost a bet . Lol either ironton opened it up or Gallia is very overrated would someone answer my question please (asking for a friend)

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Congrats to Ironton on a nice victory. But Lord have mercy how in the heck was Gallia undefeated ? Or did they just play very poorly? Wasn't prepared? Or just an easy schedule ?

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

lostcause wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 pm After all the bantering in the last 16 pages I lost a bet . Lol either ironton opened it up or Gallia is very overrated would someone answer my question please (asking for a friend)
I was told that Gallia wasn’t that good by a local coach and they’ve been relying on Armstrong. Apparently he wasn’t playing tonight. So. That plus ironton is pretty good. Mismatch from the beginning I’d say.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:05 pm Congrats to Ironton on a nice victory. But Lord have mercy how in the heck was Gallia undefeated ? Or did they just play very poorly? Wasn't prepared? Or just an easy schedule ?
I’m wondering exactly the same question!! Well pretty much ,,,, what the hell happened tonight. Lol

512Bucki
Waterboy

Post by 512Bucki »

Don’t act like Ironton dominated the SEOAL. I’m pretty sure Logan has their way with them. Am I wrong?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Ironton Tigers. I don't know if the word "Impressive" is the right word or not, but 'wow" is all I can say.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Embarrassing

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Heal up and move on Gallia, a lot to play for !

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:18 pm Gallia could still have a 3 way tie for the OVC
theoretically yes. however, for a guy who was agonizing over who to pick gallia or ironton, you got to think that’s unlikely

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

512Bucki wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:21 pm Don’t act like Ironton dominated the SEOAL. I’m pretty sure Logan has their way with them. Am I wrong?
very wrong. ironton dominated logan in football while a member of the seoal

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Sure was a lot of smack talk from Gallia fans about how good their team was, and all the things their team would do to ironton tonight. Hmm...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If I was looking to place a sure bet, I'm pretty sure that I know a gentleman that lives in the Lake White area, that just might get a very satisfying nights sleep this evening.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Total domination. Ironton did everything they wanted to. Defense shut down anything they had. Special teams gets overlooked but number 12 had several touchbacks and great punts, plus a field goal. Ironton is for real I hope we play Burg again

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Now that was worst Blue Devil team I saw in years. How did they win 8 games? The OVC is so bad. Ironton looked real good though.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:00 pm
512Bucki wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:21 pm Don’t act like Ironton dominated the SEOAL. I’m pretty sure Logan has their way with them. Am I wrong?
very wrong. ironton dominated logan in football while a member of the seoal
Depends how old you are. The last time Ironton was in the SEOAL Logan went 4-0 against the Tigers.

In those games Logan outscored the Tigers 116-31.

Logan won 4 titles. Ironton won 0.

I’ve been watching Logan football for almost 30 years and have never seen Logan lose to Ironton (except on a 16mm projector) :lol:

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Does anyone have game stats?

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Still feeling that way? LOL The only thing hard was watching Gallipolis get the skunked. :D

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by mattash »

Lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bevo
Varsity

Re: Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Post by bevo »

Guys you have to excuse some of our over zealous fans, I was laughed at and ridiculed when I said the OVC was not for Gallipolis, yea there is Ironton Div 5, and Portsmouth Div 5, the rest are 5’s and 6’s. We need to play Jackson and Logan instead of RV and Meigs to find out if we are playoff worthy, which were not! We caught Point in a down year. Ranked 5th in our region how many teams in the top 8 could we beat? Zero!!! I predict another 45-0 early playoff exit!

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Post by NoPain23 »

Gallia looked like they were running a JV offense, can’t get anything going when you run the same 5 plays against a great defense.

Return to “Football”