Post by mattash »

VC in a low scoring game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: WK9 Vinton County @ Nelsonville-York

Post by hsfbfan »

VC wins. Setting up week 10 battle with Wellston for 2nd place in the TVC Ohio.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Since it is senior night maybe Wilburn will get 6 touches instead of 3?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am Since it is senior night maybe Wilburn will get 6 touches instead of 3?
Seriously only 3 touches? That's unbelievable.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VC should win by 14 or more. VC is pretty good

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

I think this depends on if VC can get they’re run game goin..RV shut the run game down but couldn’t defend the pass well at all..good luck to both teams! Definately making some noise at the of the tvc..should be a good one!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Viks by 14

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am Since it is senior night maybe Wilburn will get 6 touches instead of 3?
Yeah and on one of them three he took a knee 12 yards deep in backfield.Why

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:21 pm
WOW!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Yea I’m not sure what was going on there. He fumbled the snap out of the wildcat but I think he still could of out ran those linemen on the edge to at least get back to the line of scrimmage.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:59 pm
Yea I’m not sure what was going on there. He fumbled the snap out of the wildcat but I think he still could of out ran those linemen on the edge to at least get back to the line of scrimmage.
Yeah at least try look like he has them beat.Never seen a back take a knee instead of taking the hit kinda strange.

Vinnie69
Waterboy

Post by Vinnie69 »

I've seen the kid play a lot and I don't think he wants the ball. Has anyone watched him hit the whole at the line? He folds like a lawnchair. He doesn't want to get hit.
From what I've seen, he just wants to be a Bobcat and he doesn't care what happens on Friday nights.
That Phillips kid runs hard, why not put him at tailback. Between him and the fullback the Buckeyes should put up decent rushing numbers every week.
I'm not an expert by any means, but it doesn't take an expert to see what I'm seeing.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Vinnie69 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:58 pm
I've seen the kid play a lot and I don't think he wants the ball. Has anyone watched him hit the whole at the line? He folds like a lawnchair. He doesn't want to get hit.
From what I've seen, he just wants to be a Bobcat and he doesn't care what happens on Friday nights.
That Phillips kid runs hard, why not put him at tailback. Between him and the fullback the Buckeyes should put up decent rushing numbers every week.
I'm not an expert by any means, but it doesn't take an expert to see what I'm seeing.
The problem here is people think Keegan should get the ball every play when in reality that only hurts the team, the ny team has a lot of talent outside of Keegan so giving him a ton of carries takes away the opportunity for NY to become more balanced, which they are. If you watch the games, Wilburn is best on the edge, running the stretch, outside zone or option, between the tackles he can hit the hole when it’s there. Let me say that again, WHEN IT IS THERE, and even though NY’s line is bigger this year than in years past, they’re still young and inexperienced and aren’t getting the blocks to have those big holes, so Keegan’s touches between the tackles are limited, and if you think that’s not true then look at Phillips stats when he runs the ball from the tailback position, he’s averaging 2 yards a carry, he runs hard, but he isn’t getting holes to run through either. Snyder is a big powerful kid and hasn’t had any big holes either but he will lower his pads and keep pushing.

The statement that he “doesn’t want the ball” is just a flat out lie, I’ve worked with the kid for the past few years and he 100% wants the ball, heck he wants the ball as much as you all think he should get the ball, but when you get the hand off and immediately get hit by 3-4 defenders and can only get 1 yard per carry between the tackles would you want to tote the ball that many times? You also have to take into account that in order to free him up there have to be other players utilized so 3-4 players aren’t focused only on him, when you can spread the ball around with success you eventually WILL get him the ball more, and sometimes you have to just roll with the hot hand, if Snyder’s getting 6-7 yards a carry keep going to him, if Phillips is getting 8-9 every time he catches a quick out then keep throwing him the ball. The coaches know what they’re doing!

And my final piece, nelsonville-York is known for their running backs, the tough, hard nosed, downhill running tailbacks. Keegan might be the fastest kid to ever play for NY and that includes some of the tracksters from a few years ago, but the main argument is he isn’t the same tailback. He’s a tailback meant for the spread, which is what NY is running and have been running the past few years. People forget a few years ago that NY started to transition into a spread team but when you’re 10-0,11-0, etc you aren’t as picky or judgmental. Keegan will do absolutely FINE at OU and it’s incredibly insulting to his character to assume he doesn’t want contact or doesn’t/won’t work hard enough to accomplish his goals. Looking for a great game Friday!

Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Kosar »

osu22 you sound just like Wiseman doing another article for the Messenger. It does look like #3 doesn't want to even be on the field, walks around no urgency. But making excuses why he isn't doing well is falling on deaf ears, dropping passes or dancing around on kick returns is on nobody but #3. Personally I think the kid has too much on his shoulders and has been told how great he is too many times.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Alright folks. Regardless of anyone's opinion he is still a kid so move on.
He's a good kid and their is no need to keep downing him.
Move on please.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Could and should be a very good ballgame.Give the Buckeyes a slight edge being it is at home. If the right Viking team shows up, they can be a pretty tough team to play against. Lets hope for a great game, and also hope both teams have an injury free game.

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:25 pm Alright folks. Regardless of anyone's opinion he is still a kid so move on.
He's a good kid and their is no need to keep downing him.
Move on please.
This is the exact reason that nobody wants to post on this site anymore. I have seen you post negative about players more than one time on this site. I think people need to realize that voicing an opinion about someone is common practice in today's society and that doesnt mean you dont like the person you are voicing the opinion about. It seems perfectly ok for any Moderator of this site to speak their minds about anything they choose without repercussion. I truly believe this kid will struggle when he gets in the real world and people start being truthful with him about what they really see. We all need to start being tougher on our kids so they are prepared for life as it actually is. If we continue lead our youth to believe they are awesome no matter what they are doing then nothing will ever change. Lets face it, the real world is a very scary place and we need to start preparing our youth for it.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000:
2000: NY 15 VC 14
2001: NY 47 VC 6
2002: NY 35 VC 0
2003: NY 35 VC 15
2004: NY 20 VC 14
2005: NY 21 VC 6
2006: NY 32 VC 13