Where have the old posters gone ? (Improvement Discussion)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Where have the old posters gone ?

Post by noreply66 »

trojandave wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:26 am I miss the days of Ironton and Logan posters going at each other when the two schools were in the SEOAL. I think there was a thread about Logan vs. Ironton football that had over 500 posts, with so many of them taking jabs at each other. I don't think there's ever been another thread like it. Now we have Wheelersburg and Ironton posters going at it, but it's just not quite the same as Logan vs. Ironton. It seemed like there was more bitterness about the latter two. I remember 2old would always remind Ironton posters about "Chieftain envy", to which Fighting Tigers posters would always remind them that IHS had won 2 state titles, with Logan having 0. Great social media theater. The Logan vs. Ironton threads may be the greatest in the history of SEOPS for just sheer entertainment.

Two other posters that I miss are Hitchbone64 and bmv4life from Chillicothe......I got to know them through SEOPS and when Portsmouth played Chillicothe in basketball. Very fine fellows.
When I first came on here there was some real get down and dirty Ironton/Logan topics. Most of the time I had to cover my ears. Seems a lot friendlier now.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Banned4ever
Waterboy

Post by Banned4ever »

Yep
It’s a lot quieter

Hmmmmm

Makes me wonder

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

I joined as soon as I heard of the site. I was glad to see so many of the posters kept their same names from the other site. Many of them have gone by the wayside, but there are a few of us left. It's great that Matt has kept the site going for so long.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I had knew about this site when in high school and would very rarely come on to read. After that I then decided what the heck why not make an account

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I was on here about a decade ago but a different name

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The site says I registered in 2005 but I have been around since the beginning. My post count is low due to site changes over the years, job change and keeping a scorebook for many years at a local school where my sons graduated from. That is fine and I understand those limits. I have always been Alabama Mike on this site and the now defunct JJ Huddle. I still read some in the evening but rarely post. As a long time educator in southern Ohio and especially in my current position, I just can’t post my views and opinions on here like I wish I could sometimes, especially when some posters put things on here and they have NO CLUE to the entire situation. Example: the current post about why Northwest was moved down to the small division of the SOC.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

alabama mike wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 pm The site says I registered in 2005 but I have been around since the beginning. My post count is low due to site changes over the years, job change and keeping a scorebook for many years at a local school where my sons graduated from. That is fine and I understand those limits. I have always been Alabama Mike on this site and the now defunct JJ Huddle. I still read some in the evening but rarely post. As a long time educator in southern Ohio and especially in my current position, I just can’t post my views and opinions on here like I wish I could sometimes, especially when some posters put things on here and they have NO CLUE to the entire situation. Example: the current post about why Northwest was moved down to the small division of the SOC.

I remember you from the very beginning over on JJhudlle. I really do hope everything gets righted out their in Mohawk land for a couple of reasons. I have family ties to that school (both parents graduated there in the late 70's) , as some one who likes to see all local schools do well ( I even root for Ironton sometimes) I love an underdog, and I hate the snoozefests of the old SOC 2 with Burg and West beating everyone by 50 every week. With Waverly being more consistent, Minford winning more often than not over the last 20 years and Crabtrees amazing job at Valley it just leaves Northwest as the final piece of the puzzle ( I didn't forget Oak Hill buti t will take a few years for me to think of them as an Soc 2 school.)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I used to do a lot on the football forum back in the days of the huddle in the early 2000's when Logan was a player in SEO football ... my boys graduated from Logan - one in 2001 the other 2008 I've stayed with posting here on SEOPs since 2006 ... I totally enjoy everything about the site - I've got to know so many great high school sports fans of all sports throughout the years ... probably one the main reasons I keep posting is being able to meet up with the peoples here on SEOPs, all of the people involved at the many high schools in SEO - some great people, fans, parents, coaches ... I've never been one to just sit back and read I've always posted ... I feel I have good takes on what I see no matter the sports in SEO - I have no problem putting my opinions out there ... I'll keep doing what I do on SEOPS for as long as I can as I don't see myself NOT following sports Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Still on, Joined Jan. 06 don't seem been that long do lots of reading but hardly post

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I dont care to flex a little on the rules to get more engagment. Just dont want any slander or down grading of the kids. No rumors lol.

If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. Lol this has never been a business just a community.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Where have the old posters gone ? (Improvement Discussion)

Post by mattash »

By the way does anyone use this view for SEOPs

search.php?search_id=active_topics

It's my favorite. It puts all the topics together and sorts by most recent post.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I wish we did have enough engagement. I would have two football forums. One for serious football talk and one for all goes smack talk. I like the both of worlds but not everyone is like that.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I really do miss all the guys that passed on. They were such a huge part of the site.

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I got banned from Huddle for posting a SEOPREPS link :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

trojandave wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:26 am I miss the days of Ironton and Logan posters going at each other when the two schools were in the SEOAL. I think there was a thread about Logan vs. Ironton football that had over 500 posts, with so many of them taking jabs at each other. I don't think there's ever been another thread like it. Now we have Wheelersburg and Ironton posters going at it, but it's just not quite the same as Logan vs. Ironton. It seemed like there was more bitterness about the latter two. I remember 2old would always remind Ironton posters about "Chieftain envy", to which Fighting Tigers posters would always remind them that IHS had won 2 state titles, with Logan having 0. Great social media theater. The Logan vs. Ironton threads may be the greatest in the history of SEOPS for just sheer entertainment.

Two other posters that I miss are Hitchbone64 and bmv4life from Chillicothe......I got to know them through SEOPS and when Portsmouth played Chillicothe in basketball. Very fine fellows.
I miss Logan being good enough to be in those fights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we're on the path back to relevancy. Need to find a league first.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FANOSPORTS, Hawkeye Pierce, Jesco White, Fuzzhead, Burg Grad 77, Yabbadabbadoo, PFloyd, GWMcLintock, Vladtheimpaler, Orange and Brown, just a few of the many posters that I have enjoyed and or met on here. I don't post much anymore, but I read a good bit, especially during FB season. MattAsh does a great job with this website, and I really appreciate it. My post count is way down due to the conversion which is fine, doesn't matter to me, but I'm coming up on 14 years of being a member and still enjoy it as much as the day I joined.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

still here just forgot how to log on

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

have just been a stalker not a talker

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Miss the poster who use to post a lot from Bellaire and Ironton.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:50 pm I got banned from Huddle for posting a SEOPREPS link :lol:
Ha! I forgot all about that! A bunch of us posted a link to SEOPREPS on the Huddle, got banned, and then posted the banned message on here! 😂😂😂

What year would that have been? It was a badge of honor to get that Huddle ban message! 😂

Return to “Football”