Can the State help Logan get a conference?

mattash
Site Admin

Can the State help Logan get a conference?

Post by mattash »

Do they ever get involved in situations like this ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Can the State help Logan get a conference?

Post by Orange and Brown »

Why would they?
No school is required to be in a league so it doesn't really matter to the OHSAA.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

After thrashing Athens you can bet anything involving them is out

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Portsmouth was independent from the 1992 till 2006. It can be a long process finding a good league fit. I thought the seoal was great basketball league for us but we were often overmatched in football. I sometimes think it would be better if football and soccer leagues were separate from those in other sports given travel and competition issues. Seoal was just not sustainable for all sports ,travel was a nightmare in sports that require multiple yearly trips, especially those that were on weekdays.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The state would never go to the play district teams. Could you imagine Ohsaa telling a school to play Akron Hoban and SVSM every year? Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I thought I heard that some states will assign schools to conferences??????????????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Oh Boy I brought this up a few years ago about lone county schools in the state getting some sort of relief from the OHSAA and got LIT UP asking this sort of thing lol

Live Like A Champion!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The soon to be NAL is worth a shot IMO. I imagine Miller, Marietta and probably Miami Trace would be ok but not sure on Ironton, Huntington Ross and Manchester would go for it.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am I thought I heard that some states will assign schools to conferences??????????????
Yeah, I thought that was Illinois. Illinois is where jockeying for playoff qualification advantages through conference membership inclusion/exclusion changes is apparently a time honored tradition. I remember an article where the IHSA stepped in to to keep a conference from booting a school that had a continually weak football program, but I can not find the link. Interestingly though, Illinois passed a rule implementing district play/scheduling for their football playoffs. I do not know if that plan has been implemented, but it would put an end to the conference merry go round and help scheduling for teams like Logan. Of course the downside would be the potential loss of rivals and the loss of conference traditions.

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018 ... -17-votes/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Virginia assigns schools to conferences, based on geography and school size. As an example, it would be the equivalent of our regions each consisting of three conferences and all schools in a particular region would belong to one of the three conferences based on geography.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trump will probably sign an executive order to put Athens and Logan in the same league

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I thought at one point Texas high school football was scheduled by the state and teams of the same size had to play each other. Not sure if that is still true.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:07 pm Virginia assigns schools to conferences, based on geography and school size. As an example, it would be the equivalent of our regions each consisting of three conferences and all schools in a particular region would belong to one of the three conferences based on geography.

Used to live near Roanoke. District play by any other name is still district play, but in Virginia their conferences do retain the feel and tradition of leagues in Ohio.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:40 pm Trump will probably sign an executive order to put Athens and Logan in the same league
It would be the greatest league of all time. Very very big large league.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 am
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:40 pm Trump will probably sign an executive order to put Athens and Logan in the same league
It would be the greatest league of all time. Very very big large league.
A lot of people are saying it would be the best idea. He only works with the best people - Athens and Logan, not so nice to each other - but he'll make them a deal. He's the best at making deals. It'll be yuuuuuge. Even Athens County will turn red after he makes the deal.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You do know thatTrump will want his name on each stadium and collect a percentage of the gates as the licensing fee for using his name ? Oh, and Ivanka must be allowed to sell her stuff from boutique stands inside, bigly. He knows more than his generals ,so he’ll obviously needs to be the Commisioner as he knows more than anyone about anything. Of course, he must first check to see if Vladimir approves and he will need free tickets for all his girlfriends to keep them shut up about his diddling. Otherwise he won’t be holding news conferences and allow fake news to spill the beans about what he just said on camera for all to see.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm You do know thatTrump will want his name on each stadium and collect a percentage of the gates as the licensing fee for using his name ? Oh, and Ivanka must be allowed to sell her stuff from boutique stands inside, bigly. He knows more than his generals ,so he’ll obviously needs to be the Commisioner as he knows more than anyone about anything. Of course, he must first check to see if Vladimir approves and he will need free tickets for all his girlfriends to keep them shut up about his diddling. Otherwise he won’t be holding news conferences and allow fake news to spill the beans about what he just said on camera for all to see.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm You do know thatTrump will want his name on each stadium and collect a percentage of the gates as the licensing fee for using his name ? Oh, and Ivanka must be allowed to sell her stuff from boutique stands inside, bigly. He knows more than his generals ,so he’ll obviously needs to be the Commisioner as he knows more than anyone about anything. Of course, he must first check to see if Vladimir approves and he will need free tickets for all his girlfriends to keep them shut up about his diddling. Otherwise he won’t be holding news conferences and allow fake news to spill the beans about what he just said on camera for all to see.
Still angry about the 2016 election I see. Just do like your gal Crooked Hil does and count it as a win for her. :lol:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm Oh Boy I brought this up a few years ago about lone county schools in the state getting some sort of relief from the OHSAA and got LIT UP asking this sort of thing lol
What I remember you getting lit up about was proposing that Logan play in the SE D3 basketball tournament. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Joe Biden’s son will have to be commissioner or both schools will lose state funding. They can have league meetings at a Trump owned property for a very low cost :lol:

Return to “Football”