Vinton County 20 - 0 Wellston

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: WK 10: Wellston @ VC

Post by vcgrad »

If Wellston running back is not healthy --VC wins big.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Tough game to call. If Wellston wins and beats a d4 school they will probably jump Portsmouth. I’m pulling for VC. But I think Wellston will win. I think top 8 are set in region 19 except oak hill and Minford may swap.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Any word on if Rylan will play?

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:50 am Any word on if Rylan will play?
No word yet, I’ve been told high ankle sprain, that would tell me he’s done as that is a 6 week recovery these days... could be bad info though. I’ll still take the Rockets by 7.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Don’t be surprised If this game in the future decides who wins the TVC.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

According to the Blue and Gold show, this one is already over.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 pm According to the Blue and Gold show, this one is already over.
Not in my mind. Like was said on the VC Vikings podcast. Game will be won or lost on the line of scrimmage. Both teams are pretty good up front so we will see. Go Rockets!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VC wins this one and knocks Rockets out of playoffs.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:28 pm Don’t be surprised If this game in the future decides who wins the TVC.
I can see it once the TVC Ohio schools get their heads together and do a reset that includes giving Athens the boot. The way I hear it a newly named conference with Wellston, VC, Meigs, RV, Alexander, and Nelsonville is being discussed and they hope to draw in Fort Frye and possibly Oak Hill to boot. To me, that sounds like a balanced league. Bye bye athens.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Midway through the second quarter, VC leads 6-0. Wellston with minus 19 yards total for the game.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Wellston is laying an egg. Moment is too big I feel like. They will hopefully have another shot next year.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Big choke tonight for rockets, if they still make playoffs good luck with ironton. Wellston don’t stand chance if make it in

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Big goose egg!! Going be bad next week if wellston squeaks in don’t deserve to go but we will see.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Also hats off to VC and coach Bethel, way to get it going had a lot of kids transfer out not too long ago but it didn’t matter as they look like a very solid team trending up. At this point VC has a major advantage over Wellston when it comes to this game 7 in a row in a rivalry like this is pretty impressive.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Good job Vinton holding 10 yards rushing

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I say it every year after this game..... So glad VC has Wellston as their last game. It nice to end your season with a "w"

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

hateraid wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:49 pm I say it every year after this game..... So glad VC has Wellston as their last game. It nice to end your season with a "w"
For now you can talk all you want cause they’ve earned it but we more than likely have week 11 coming up so gotta get ready to take that beating. Lol

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Vinton County 20 - 0 Wellston

Post by mattash »

Vinton County 20 - 0 Wellston

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Wellstons offense was totally out played and out coached. Play calling was worse than against Jackson and VCs defense did the same thing to them that Jackson did. It was obvious that VC knew what was coming on every play. Got a weapon like Garvin on a muddy field and barely use him? Wellstons defense could only do so much with the way the offense kept handcuffing them. VC was good but not great. Game could have been much worse. Hopefully the coaches take some of the blame and not put it all on the players especially the O-Line. Can only pass block for so long. QB can't hold the ball forever and receivers gotta get open. This is the most upset and disappointed I've been all season. Playoffs is a great accomplishment but kinda empty now with this loss. Team especially the Seniors are devastated and now have to rebound against an Ironton team that may end up winning the state title.

gator81
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County 20 - 0 Wellston

Post by gator81 »

Very good assessment of the Vinton County vs Wellston game (hsfbfan). The slide broke loose with the Athens game. The offensive play calling was terrible, nothing new as the season progressed. The passing game turned into backyard football. NO CHANGE, when the horse is dead, dismount. Only next year will we know for sure. This was a better year for Wellston, but it could have been much more.

Return to “Football”