Wheelersburg 41 - 7 West

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: West At Burg

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I heard today that west starts a freshman at qb?

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:03 pm I heard today that west starts a freshman at qb?
They start several freshmen

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:18 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:03 pm I heard today that west starts a freshman at qb?
I have a lot of respect for some very good people west of the scioto, so I can only wish y’all the best.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

In a perfect world freshmen wouldn't dress much less play. But it's the hand they've been dealt this year. Regardless of the outcome I look for them to compete hard and play till the end like they have all year. Will be a good experience for them to build on for the future.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:41 pm In a perfect world freshmen wouldn't dress much less play. But it's the hand they've been dealt this year. Regardless of the outcome I look for them to compete hard and play till the end like they have all year. Will be a good experience for them to build on for the future.
I agree with that. And I’m not comparing burg football to Hartley football, not by any stretch of anyone’s imagination, but we said the same thing going against a bigger stronger athlete. So I agree with that.

Hoping for injury free game on both sides and growth on both sides

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Running clock.

Tick tock, tick tock......

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

GoBurg

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, Burg by 5-6 touchdowns. Can’t remember a West/Burg thread being this quiet. But better days ahead for West next couple of years. Hope to see Burg get out of this one injury-free and ready for a playoff run*

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Even though West is down a little this year and Burg started off slow but slowly finding their way and I personally think this is one of coach Woodwards and staffs best coaching job from top to bottom from how they started to where they are now and how hard the team has worked to get to where they are now with a chance to clinch the conference golden football. And to even have a first round home game is awesome for this team so congrats to all Burgs coaches on a great season so far and a thank you to the players for working your tails off ! As a fan this season has been fun to watch and I can see this team even getting better

Burg grad 85
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Go burg. 4 quarters away from a 6th straight SOC title, finish strong. Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:04 am
laser breath wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 am
LastOut wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:35 pm 2/3 of West’s varsity players would normally be playing on the JV squad, not this year. Wheelersburg wins. West’s future looks strong.
As long as Pendleton doesn’t start coming around. I’d watch him at the family reunions. Lol
:lol:
That is funny I could say the same for Burg coaches.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:18 pm
It is tough to win with freshman

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Good luck to both squads, a lot of history over the years in this one.

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

Can somebody post the history by years between these two teams. Thanks.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

If West loses tonight it will be the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGG time, if ever they have gone a whole season without a conference win in football!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

DaRecGuy wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:00 pm If West loses tonight it will be the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGG time, if ever they have gone a whole season without a conference win in football!
This is true. And it will probably be the last for a long time. There were years in the late 90s that the only thing that kept that from happening was Northwest was in the SOCII.

There have also been some 4 and 5 win seasons where wins were Northwest, Rock Hill, Fairland, South Point, Pike County Central, etc who were terrible those years.

Last time West went through this (playing a good Freshmen group varsity) was 1999 and they took their beatings. They were 5-5 their sophomore season. Won the SOCII their Junior year and went to playoffs. Finished State Runners Up their Senior Year. Between the 7th and 9th Grades there is that kind've talent.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Respect to west, their kids and coach. It's been a trying year for them. The SOC is better when they are better and I'll say the same for Valley.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Westfan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:59 pm
DaRecGuy wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:00 pm If West loses tonight it will be the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGG time, if ever they have gone a whole season without a conference win in football!
This is true. And it will probably be the last for a long time. There were years in the late 90s that the only thing that kept that from happening was Northwest was in the SOCII.

There have also been some 4 and 5 win seasons where wins were Northwest, Rock Hill, Fairland, South Point, Pike County Central, etc who were terrible those years.

Last time West went through this (playing a good Freshmen group varsity) was 1999 and they took their beatings. They were 5-5 their sophomore season. Won the SOCII their Junior year and went to playoffs. Finished State Runners Up their Senior Year. Between the 7th and 9th Grades there is that kind've talent.
Hate to say it, but I kinda forgot about that State Runner-up season. That was so long ago. They really caught lightning in a bottle that season. Too bad they couldn't keep it going at a high level for a few more years.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

10 games West has played Kipp and Coal Grove whom West was better and they won. Close loss to Valley, but even they will make the playoffs if they beat Minford.

Waverly is 3rd in D4 Region 15

D5 Region 19
Wheelersburg is 2nd
Portsmouth is 6th
Wellston is 7th
Oak Hill is 8th
Minford is 9th

Raceland is 8th in Class A in Kentucky.

So we picked a bad year to be young.

FBfan007
Waterboy