Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Abe Froman
S

Re: Can Joe Burrow Do It?

Post by Abe Froman »

Chase Young and Joe Burrow in New York for the Heisman selection and announcement of the winner.

OSU and LSU in the Natty.

Both would be classic.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Would like to see Burrow beat the Buckeyes in the National Championship.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burrow and LSU beating Bama in 2 weeks would be a huge boost.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wow he’s having a great season . Best player ever in our area. Easily best offense

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The Ohio State is a beast !

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Love seeing the success of this and any other player from our area. He has certainly been on the big stage but the biggest stage of all will occur in a couple of weeks. I can see him going early in the draft to a team needing a quality qb. Best Wishes!!

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Been rooting for Joe since the transfer, even ordered me a Jersey :lol: Pulling for him to win the Heisman, man that would be something! Not, however, pulling for him to be the #1 pick. Only because I HATE the Bengals and don't want to see him end up there. He may make a difference but I don't want to root for the Bengals just to root for him hahaha

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

I was working the PA microphone when Athens faced Springfield Shawnee in the playoffs in 2012. Burrow was the most unique QB I'd ever seen, primarily because he appeared to have zero tension in his body every time he dropped back in the pocket. Impressive performance that day.

Best of luck to the kid this season, UNLESS he faces Ohio State, lol.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Zunardo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:55 am I was working the PA microphone when Athens faced Springfield Shawnee in the playoffs in 2012. Burrow was the most unique QB I'd ever seen, primarily because he appeared to have zero tension in his body every time he dropped back in the pocket. Impressive performance that day.

This is very accurate. So cool and confident.

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:03 am
Zunardo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:55 am I was working the PA microphone when Athens faced Springfield Shawnee in the playoffs in 2012. Burrow was the most unique QB I'd ever seen, primarily because he appeared to have zero tension in his body every time he dropped back in the pocket. Impressive performance that day.

This is very accurate. So cool and confident.

I recall watching him play at Memorial Field, somewhat in awe of him. Pretty sure he had no issues with the Blue Devils that night!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I would just like to see those people, for sure the one person, who were on here calling him "Joe Splinter Butt Burrows" when he was at tOSU and making fun of him saying he's not major college material to admit they/he was wrong. Of course we all know he won't. He'll never admit he was wrong about anything and he hates all things Athens. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I hope he at least beats Bama next week I’d like to see them play the buckeyes in the playoffs the heisman would be nice too

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:41 am I’d like to see them play the buckeyes
I've been dreaming and hoping some way for that matchup to happen for awhile now.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:34 am I would just like to see those people, for sure the one person, who were on here calling him "Joe Splinter Butt Burrows" when he was at tOSU and making fun of him saying he's not major college material to admit they/he was wrong. Of course we all know he won't. He'll never admit he was wrong about anything and he hates all things Athens. :mrgreen:
I don't believe I made any comments like the one you are speaking of. However, I am going to have to admit to being wrong as well. I honestly expected Joe to transfer, but I thought he would end up at Ohio University or a similar school, and do fairly well. However, I was definitely wrong! He is on the big stage, going against some of the top athletes in college football, and up to this point, he is making it look easy. I can also say, I am glad I was wrong. Joe is doing an outstanding job of representing Southeastern Ohio Athletics!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

He won't beat Bama.. LSU might beat Bama though....be it very slim chance of beating a Bama team that is actually down from last couple years...Texas Am will give LSU trouble and Georgia would give them trouble in SEC Championship game if Georgia beats florida Saturday which I think they will.. LSU would then have to beat Bama to have a chance to get to SEC Championship game.....…..Ohio st will win National Championship game this year....Clemson and Bama not head and shoulders above teams like they were last couple years......Triple dime handicapper guru Mr. Wonderful says pull off dem blinders !!!!!! The Snowflake Media will Give LSU every chance to get in final 4 even after a lose to Bama..LSU is the media sweetheart team this year.... HEADLINE USA TODAY: LSU QB couldn't cut mustard at The Ohio St now leading LSU to a showdown with BUCS in final 4.....It will happen unless LSU loses 2 games....Lose to Bama they'll still be in.....That's how Politics works..Only reason a 1 lose LSU doesn't get in Final 4 is because their in SEC west with Bama and may not make SEC Championship game...Even at that a Bama rout of flordia or Georgia in SEC championship game LSU would move right in!!!!!!! The beautiful media love a feel good story.....

CruiserChief95
Waterboy

Post by CruiserChief95 »

I think it is so awesome to see a kid from our area succeed on a big stage! He has earned and deserves to be where he is at this point and I can assure you he will be a real gem for the team that picks him to run their offense on Sundays.

Bigger picture is that I hope that his success can serve as a catalyst for big schools to take a closer look south of the Lancaster-Dixon line! Sooo much talent in this corner of the state goes overlooked for no other reason than geography, imo. I know there are obvious exceptions, but I think every person here can think of a player they've watched or played with that earned a good look from a big D1 program and didn't.

I wish "The Kid From Athens" all the success in the world. GEAUX JEAUX BURREAUX!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I've said for 4 years all he needed was a chance at OSU but he couldn't even get mop up duty with 40 point leads until 3:00 left and that was only a few times. (Barrett is nowhere in sight and Haskins will be done in a couple years). Everyone who is sleeping on Clemson's schedule right now with Trevor Lawrence at Qb should wake up soon. I think with Tua back Alabama will beat LSU but Joe will keep them in it and LSU will get in the playoffs with that one loss and the Big10 will be represented by either Penn State or OSU, whichever doesn't lose because again, one loss and the conference is probably not represented for the 3rd straight year after 2 straight blowouts of OSU and Michigan State before that in the playoffs. The door is still open for Oregon and Oklahoma if they win out. If the SEC East could pull an upset in the conference title game it's a free for all with the selection committee having their toughest job yet picking the 3rd and 4th teams and leaving possibly 2 or 3 teams on the outside looking in.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:46 pm I've said for 4 years all he needed was a chance at OSU but he couldn't even get mop up duty with 40 point leads until 3:00 left and that was only a few times. (Barrett is nowhere in sight and Haskins will be done in a couple years). Everyone who is sleeping on Clemson's schedule right now with Trevor Lawrence at Qb should wake up soon. I think with Tua back Alabama will beat LSU but Joe will keep them in it and LSU will get in the playoffs with that one loss and the Big10 will be represented by either Penn State or OSU, whichever doesn't lose because again, one loss and the conference is probably not represented for the 3rd straight year after 2 straight blowouts of OSU and Michigan State before that in the playoffs. The door is still open for Oregon and Oklahoma if they win out. If the SEC East could pull an upset in the conference title game it's a free for all with the selection committee having their toughest job yet picking the 3rd and 4th teams and leaving possibly 2 or 3 teams on the outside looking in.
That's the funny thing about college football. Burrow will have far more NFL success than the guys who played over him.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:37 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:46 pm I've said for 4 years all he needed was a chance at OSU but he couldn't even get mop up duty with 40 point leads until 3:00 left and that was only a few times. (Barrett is nowhere in sight and Haskins will be done in a couple years). Everyone who is sleeping on Clemson's schedule right now with Trevor Lawrence at Qb should wake up soon. I think with Tua back Alabama will beat LSU but Joe will keep them in it and LSU will get in the playoffs with that one loss and the Big10 will be represented by either Penn State or OSU, whichever doesn't lose because again, one loss and the conference is probably not represented for the 3rd straight year after 2 straight blowouts of OSU and Michigan State before that in the playoffs. The door is still open for Oregon and Oklahoma if they win out. If the SEC East could pull an upset in the conference title game it's a free for all with the selection committee having their toughest job yet picking the 3rd and 4th teams and leaving possibly 2 or 3 teams on the outside looking in.
That's the funny thing about college football. Burrow will have far more NFL success than the guys who played over him.
Yep. OSU's offensive lines have always been some of the biggest and best in college football and made mediocre QB's look like can't miss prospects with college stats and overall numbers (Smith,Pryor,Jones,Barrett,Haskins) when you have all day to throw but it's a LITTLE different at the next level . I think Joe, Trevor and Justin Herbert at Oregon are the best pro styles in college right now .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burrow, if started at OSU earlier would already be in the NFL. What little time he played at OSU wasn't enough to get him warmed up. Win over Alabama will get him the Heisman.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”