Eliminate Regions In OHSAA Football Playoffs

GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Re: Eliminate Regions In OHSAA Football Playoffs

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 am
GOBLUE2005 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:38 am I think this is a GREAT idea. this is the 3rd time in 4 seasons that Washington Court House was left out of the playoffs in region 16 and would have made it in region 13 and 14. Just do away with the regions and take the top 32 teams.
Shouldn't have lost to a 3-7 Wilmington team, I mean WCH is a good example when discussing the top 32 teams. They beat 1 team with a winning record at 6-4, I get it your team didn't make the playoffs so it's easy to say let's do away with it as then we'll get in. Circleville has been down for so long you guys automatically are hurt with what they'll bring to the table. Ponitz Tech last 7 years, win total---2--1--3--6--4--2--3, so not sure what they were looking to gain there.
Yup. Don’t play Ponitz Tech if you believe you should be contending for playoffs. 100% agreed. No disrespect to the Court House program but there is no reason they should be scheduling a Dayton city school that wouldn’t even go .500 in the SOC 1.
Try scheduling 5 non conference games a year. When the SCOL broke up and went from a conference of 8 to a conference of 6 had to add the extra games somewhere. Sometimes you have to take a game that is available or run the risk of not getting one scheduled

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 am
GOBLUE2005 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:38 am I think this is a GREAT idea. this is the 3rd time in 4 seasons that Washington Court House was left out of the playoffs in region 16 and would have made it in region 13 and 14. Just do away with the regions and take the top 32 teams.
Shouldn't have lost to a 3-7 Wilmington team, I mean WCH is a good example when discussing the top 32 teams. They beat 1 team with a winning record at 6-4, I get it your team didn't make the playoffs so it's easy to say let's do away with it as then we'll get in. Circleville has been down for so long you guys automatically are hurt with what they'll bring to the table. Ponitz Tech last 7 years, win total---2--1--3--6--4--2--3, so not sure what they were looking to gain there.
Not The kids fault that teams are down that are on the schedule. They play who they are told to play. Also just saying washington makes it in in other regions. Would you be saying they didnt deserve it if we were in region 13 of div 4 instead of 16. All I'm saying is the top 32 teams in the DIVISION should be in. Regional breakdowns work for other sports because everyone gets in.
Never said it was the kids fault, farthest from it, it's the AD fault for scheduling Ponitz Tech when you know they're not going to get you any points. I know proximity takes places but keeping Circleville on the schedule when they've just been terrible for awhile now and not winning any games is AD's fault. Team needed to beat the 3-7 Wilmington didn't get it done and that probably would've been enough to get them in. Everyone every year can so we would've made it in this region but because we're in this one we didn't make it, it gets old you know your region you know what it takes in if you didn't schedule accordingly then that's on the powers to be fault. Congrats on a good season but when you know you have decent teams coming up you don't keep 2 teams on your schedule you know won't win any games.

Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:38 pm IMO it all started when they went to 8 teams per region then added 3 divisions. They should have kept it at 4 per region and no more than 4 divisions max but $$$ talked and too many 9-1 and 10-0 teams were left out so they've almost quadrupled the number of playoff participants that are invited to week #11 yearly so it's a bed the OHSAA made themselves and they knew regional configurations were going to change alot yearly with smaller 5, 6 & 7 divisions involved because of like size schools shrinking or expanding , regardless of location because 224 teams are involved now so there's no way to do it other than expanding the geographical map for each division.
They didn't add 3 divisions. 1972-1979 3 classes AAA
AA. And A. Then in 1980 it went to 5 divisions with 2 teams making it per region 1985 it was still 5 divisions buy it went to 4 teams per region making playoffs. Then in 1994 they added div 6. Still. 4 per region. Cant remember when it went to 8 per region but d 7 started in 2013.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Went to 8 per region in 1999.

Return to “Football”