More TVC Discussion

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: More TVC Discussion

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:26 am I would honestly like to see the TVC send an invite to Oak Hill for the Ohio Division and Fort Frye for the Hocking. That would give each division, 8 teams. I think 8 is the magic number in terms of putting multiple teams into the playoffs for football.
That would work.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:16 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 pm Just from my experience and a money perspective, Warren would be the more attractive option on paper. Marietta sporting event gates besides the Warren games are horrible. Not a lot of community support at all. I know that doesn’t make or break anything but it should count for something.
Warren and Marietta need to join the TVC. Marietta hasn’t had a winning season in football since 2002
Thats a terrible idea. Those three schools would dominate every sport in time. No more titles in nelsonvile.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

I think what would be best for the conference would be three divisions. There are certain schools that just wont consider us but there are some that are desperate to have a league to call home. here is how I forecast a future TVC based on privileged conversations:

TVC OHIO

Warren
Marietta
Athens
Vinton County
Alexander

TVC MUSKINGUM

River Valley
Meigs
Trimble
Nelsonville
Belpre
Wellston

TVC HOCKING

Southern
Eastern
Waterford
Federal Hocking
South Gallia

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:07 am I think what would be best for the conference would be three divisions. There are certain schools that just wont consider us but there are some that are desperate to have a league to call home. here is how I forecast a future TVC based on privileged conversations:

TVC OHIO

Warren
Marietta
Athens
Vinton County
Alexander

TVC MUSKINGUM

River Valley
Meigs
Trimble
Nelsonville
Belpre
Wellston

TVC HOCKING

Southern
Eastern
Waterford
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
YES! This is what we've been clamoring for for years. NY teams deserve to have the right to compete for league titles and, aside from baseball and softball, we'll dominate the "Muskingum" in pretty much everything, which is how it should be. That's why we've voted yes for everyone who has applied to get in since Athens joined. We wanted to get to the three divisions so we could be in the middle and dominate.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:07 am I think what would be best for the conference would be three divisions. There are certain schools that just wont consider us but there are some that are desperate to have a league to call home. here is how I forecast a future TVC based on privileged conversations:

TVC OHIO

Warren
Marietta
Athens
Vinton County
Alexander

TVC MUSKINGUM

River Valley
Meigs
Trimble
Nelsonville
Belpre
Wellston

TVC HOCKING

Southern
Eastern
Waterford
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Racine folks doesnt know anything. This will never fly. A more likely scenario is this:

TVC

Athens
Southern
Eastern
Waterford
Federal hocking
South Gallia

SEOAC - a new and very viable league forms

Nelsonville
River Valley
Belpre
Meigs
Wellston
Alexander
Vinton County
Trimble

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am
Dundas wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:26 am I would honestly like to see the TVC send an invite to Oak Hill for the Ohio Division and Fort Frye for the Hocking. That would give each division, 8 teams. I think 8 is the magic number in terms of putting multiple teams into the playoffs for football.
That would work.
Athens wanting to drive what is probably 15 miles further to Oak Hill who has been in the SOC for a good while in lieu of asking Warren who has been begging for a place to land for 10 years is special.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm
That would work.
Athens wanting to drive what is probably 15 miles further to Oak Hill who has been in the SOC for a good while in lieu of asking Warren who has been begging for a place to land for 10 years is special.
Warren may be closer to Athens than Oak Hill but Oak Hill is, on average, closer for the TVC as a whole. That’s my biggest reasoning behind wanting the Oaks. VC plays warren in football starting next season and has played them in multiple sports over the years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I dont think Oak Hill want to leave

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm
That would work.
Athens plays Warren in EVERYTHING every year. Boys & girls. Doesnt matter to me if its league game or not. Most of the time, that matchup has so many tournament implications that it's just as big of a league game already.

And Athens already voted yes on them joining. What else you want them to do??? Lol

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Do the right thing and leave the TVC

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Be nice to see Marietta, Warren, Fort Frye, and Oak Hill join the TVC Ohio. Move RV to the Hocking

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 pm Do the right thing and leave the TVC
Seriously?

You ASKED Athens to leave its league. You INVITED Athens to join the TVC.

Now that their former league has disbanded, you want them to do "the right thing" and leave?

How about this: maybe you guys should have "done the right thing" and not even asked???

Don't be mad at Athens or think it's their fault. Call up the administrators who voted to make it happen and complain to them.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I feel like I’m the only person that likes Athens in the TVC... lol but I absolutely do not like three divisions. Have been saying that for a good bit now. I agree with the folks saying River Valley should go to the Hocking. For the Ohio it’s really just a simple as adding one team or just leaving it alone in my mind. I think Oak Hill, Marietta or Warren is all good candidates. Marietta would be my vote but I would be fine with any one of the three.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I like NY in the big school division in all sports. The thought of a NY vs. South Gallia or Waterford in a basketball game does not excite me at all. No offense to South Gallia or Waterford. For me, I say bring on the big schools in conference play and then play smaller schools that aren't as competitive in non league games in sports like basketball and baseball. Playing the bigger schools can help NY prepare for a tourney run whenever they have decent teams in sports like basketball or baseball.

NY still does ok in all sport championships compared to the other TVC Ohio schools outside of Athens. If you count up how many all sport championships each TVC OHIO team has won since Athens joined, NY has to be near the top outside of Athens.

I can see the argument for competitive balance working to send River Valley to the TVC Hocking. River Valley has not won a single TVC OHIO Championship in any sport since joining. They are like Rutgers in the Big Ten. Haven't won anything yet.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm I like NY in the big school division in all sports. The thought of a NY vs. South Gallia or Waterford in a basketball game does not excite me at all. No offense to South Gallia or Waterford. For me, I say bring on the big schools in conference play and then play smaller schools that aren't as competitive in non league games in sports like basketball and baseball. Playing the bigger schools can help NY prepare for a tourney run whenever they have decent teams in sports like basketball or baseball.

NY still does ok in all sport championships compared to the other TVC Ohio schools outside of Athens. If you count up how many all sport championships each TVC OHIO team has won since Athens joined, NY has to be near the top outside of Athens.

I can see the argument for competitive balance working to send River Valley to the TVC Hocking. River Valley has not won a single TVC OHIO Championship in any sport since joining. They are like Rutgers in the Big Ten. Haven't won anything yet.
We don't really compete that well in the other sports.
We compete well with the Hocking schools because we are closer in size to them and have similar numbers.
We don't have a girls JV this year and the jr high team is combined. We can't keep competing with the Ohio schools in Basketball, baseball/softball, and Track year in and year out. Volleyball struggles most years as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Buck u do realize that if ny was in hocking they wouldnt win the league in boys basketball in like at least 15 yrs. Good luck 2 new coach its gonna b a huge struggle fer the next couple of years at least 2 compete in boys hardwood

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:16 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm I like NY in the big school division in all sports. The thought of a NY vs. South Gallia or Waterford in a basketball game does not excite me at all. No offense to South Gallia or Waterford. For me, I say bring on the big schools in conference play and then play smaller schools that aren't as competitive in non league games in sports like basketball and baseball. Playing the bigger schools can help NY prepare for a tourney run whenever they have decent teams in sports like basketball or baseball.

We compete well with the Hocking schools because we are closer in size to them and have similar numbers.
We don't have a girls JV this year and the jr high team is combined. We can't keep competing with the Ohio schools in Basketball, baseball/softball, and Track year in and year out. Volleyball struggles most years as well.
^^^ The team isn't combined because of competitiveness though. That JR. high group of girls is VERY GOOD. Other factors.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I don’t think anybody on this site believes NY would win the Hocking in basketball. I kind of agree with Buckeye96. Everybody makes the tournament in basketball anyway and the interest for basketball just really isn’t there at NY. Hopefully the new coach will help that but he will definitely need time. If the change does happen to move NY to the Hocking then it needs to be in every sport except Football. Bucks have a winning record against every TVC team they played in both divisions and have a record of 222-63-1 in league play since joining the league in 1970. At the end of the day, everything if fine. Bucks are fine where they are, the TVC is ultimately fine where it is, could it use an extra team sure but at the end of the day it’s fine, and is a great home for the schools that compete in it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OSU22 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 pm

^^^ The team isn't combined because of competitiveness though. That JR. high group of girls is VERY GOOD. Other factors.
Well we both know what the "other factors" are this year, but that doesn't explain years past when the girls have been combined.
We need to move down in every sport except football.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:52 pm
OSU22 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Well we both know what the "other factors" are this year, but that doesn't explain years past when the girls have been combined.
We need to move down in every sport except football.
Oh no I totally agree. I'm 100% in favor. lol

Return to “Football”