Division V Final Four

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Division V Final Four

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Who you got ?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Division V Final Four

Post by trojandave »

Hard to pick a Final 4, but there are several former state champions that could make it. Ironton, Kirtland, and Orrville have previously won titles, while Oak Harbor is 10-0. Blanchester has the distinction of having the worst record of the D5 qualifiers, with a 6-4 record and an 8th seed in Region 20. I think that Ironton has to be the favorite to win Region 19, and the Fighting Tigers could be playing in week 15 for a state title. I didn't see any weaknesses in the IHS team I saw last night vs. an 8-2 Portsmouth playoff team.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Taft Orrville Kirtland ironton

May change this by next week I’m gonna try and do a little more research by then

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

I’ll go with Ironton, Kirtland, West Jefferson, and Pemberville Eastwood

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am Hard to pick a Final 4, but there are several former state champions that could make it. Ironton, Kirtland, and Orrville have previously won titles, while Oak Harbor is 10-0. Blanchester has the distinction of having the worst record of the D5 qualifiers, with a 6-4 record and an 8th seed in Region 20. I think that Ironton has to be the favorite to win Region 19, and the Fighting Tigers could be playing in week 15 for a state title. I didn't see any weaknesses in the IHS team I saw last night vs. an 8-2 Portsmouth playoff team.
Come on down to Wheelersburg Saturday night. Burg won't just lay down for anyone. Region 19 is wide open.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:58 am
trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am Hard to pick a Final 4, but there are several former state champions that could make it. Ironton, Kirtland, and Orrville have previously won titles, while Oak Harbor is 10-0. Blanchester has the distinction of having the worst record of the D5 qualifiers, with a 6-4 record and an 8th seed in Region 20. I think that Ironton has to be the favorite to win Region 19, and the Fighting Tigers could be playing in week 15 for a state title. I didn't see any weaknesses in the IHS team I saw last night vs. an 8-2 Portsmouth playoff team.
Come on down to Wheelersburg Saturday night. Burg won't just lay down for anyone. Region 19 is wide open.
They already spanked them once & if they play a second time it would probably be worse.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Kirtland vs it’s doesn’t matter

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NoPain23 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:03 pm
They already spanked them once & if they play a second time it would probably be worse.
I don't think it will be a spankin. The first one wasn't until the 4th quarter when #29 got hurt and Burg had no clue who they were on offense. They've figured that out since.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Not sure a top 4 but I think Kirtland wins it in d5

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

I'll say Kirtland, Eastwood, Ridgewood, and West Jeff. Region 20 the hardest to pick because no team really stands out. Kirtland the favorite to win it all.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Jolly Pirate: I don't have the Pirates as the favorite to win Region 19, but they are certainly capable of winning it. There's probably nobody in R19 that played a tougher schedule than Wheelersburg.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I have to think that Kirtland is a heavy favorite to win it all. 34 points given up all season. Beat 3-8 win teams outscoring them 112-14. Region 19 is interesting as I think any of the top 3 can win it but I do have Ridgewood as my favorite.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Region 17: Kirtland
Region 18: Orrville
Region 19: Ironton
Region 20: West-Liberty Salem

State Finals: Ironton vs Kirtland
State Champs: Kirtland

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

NoPain23 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:03 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:05 pm Kirtland vs it’s doesn’t matter
What he said. ;)

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm Yeah I have to think that Kirtland is a heavy favorite to win it all. 34 points given up all season. Beat 3-8 win teams outscoring them 112-14. Region 19 is interesting as I think any of the top 3 can win it but I do have Ridgewood as my favorite.

Goose,
Ironton also defeated 3 8+ win teams (Russell, Gallia, Portsmouth) outscoring them 110-7. Also beat The Burg with 7 wins (which is equivalent to 8 or 9 with that schedule).

I do agree that Kirkland and Orrville have to be prohibitive favorites.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fbfever9 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm Yeah I have to think that Kirtland is a heavy favorite to win it all. 34 points given up all season. Beat 3-8 win teams outscoring them 112-14. Region 19 is interesting as I think any of the top 3 can win it but I do have Ridgewood as my favorite.

Goose,
Ironton also defeated 3 8+ win teams (Russell, Gallia, Portsmouth) outscoring them 110-7. Also beat The Burg with 7 wins (which is equivalent to 8 or 9 with that schedule).

I do agree that Kirkland and Orrville have to be prohibitive favorites.
and?? what does that have to do with me taking Kirtland as the favorite to win it all? Look at Russell's schedule, Gallia has 2 wins against teams with a winning record and Trojans have 1 win against a team with a winning record. Yes, you beat a burg team in week 1 that had zero identity and no QB play, they are light years away from where they were in week 1 just be glad you got them then. I wasn't even discussing Ironton but you wanted to interject them, not sure why, maybe it's because I said I thought Ridgewood comes out of region 19 doesn't really matter. I mean ya said all of that and then agreed with me that Kirtland was one of the favorites, ;)
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Just watched the highlights of Kirtland vs sandy valley. Kirtland is very good but sandy Valley had 3 turnovers on the road against a good team that will get ya

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

"Yes, you beat a burg team in week 1 that had zero identity and no QB play, they are light years away from where they were in week 1 just be glad you got them then"

Ironton is a way better team right now than week 1 so I would be more than glad to see Tigers get Burg week 13 and spank them again.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 pm "Yes, you beat a burg team in week 1 that had zero identity and no QB play, they are light years away from where they were in week 1 just be glad you got them then"

Ironton is a way better team right now than week 1 so I would be more than glad to see Tigers get Burg week 13 and spank them again.
Maybe they win, Maybe not. I know Ironton is a good team, but honestly I don't know how good they are. As I'm about to get my head bit off for these next few statements, I don't really care because it's my opinion and I'm allowed to have them :) . Who has Ironton beat this year that is a staple win to make me think, dang?? Yeah they beat Burg in week 1 and like I said no QB and zero Identity so blah to that. Russell?? KY team?? Probably best win. Because there wasn't anything in the OVC worth writing home about, after watching Gallia just do nothing against Waverly this past Saturday. Trojans?? Beat Fairland as the only team they beat with a winning record and was getting beat by Ridgewood what 42-7 at half?? Ironton is a good team, have a really nice coach but some fans get on here and are realistic and some hop on here and think Ironton has returned to the Lutz era and think you'll just beat down anyone. Like your final words Tigers get Burg week 13 and spank them again, it's like rubbing someone's nose in a week 1 win that only Ironton fans still cling to. I'm just very curious to find out exactly how good they truly are because the Ironton faithful have them walking on water right now and I look at the first 11 weeks and think really?? Time will tell though and I wish them the best as I do all SEO teams.

Return to “Football”