Division V Final Four

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Division V Final Four

Post by MrFirstTake »

orange20hd wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:01 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 am Just watched the highlights of Kirtland vs sandy valley. Kirtland is very good but sandy Valley had 3 turnovers on the road against a good team that will get ya
Sandy Valley stinks most overrated football team in the IVC
Kirtland folks were saying Blair was the best QB they seen in a long while. Tingle>>>>Blair IMO. Tingle is on a different level.
Is Blair the sandy valley QB?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton is great at stopping the run that’s why I feel like they matchup good with Kirtland. Tingle is a good Qb I’ve watched all there games on storied rivals and other channels on youtube was kind of shocked when I found out he was a sophomore

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:18 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 pm
Sandy Valley stinks most overrated football team in the IVC
Kirtland folks were saying Blair was the best QB they seen in a long while. Tingle>>>>Blair IMO. Tingle is on a different level.
Yes he is. Sandy Valleys the school that’s in the IVC that plays in the small school division but is one of the biggest schools in the big and small division they cried and cried and cried to get in the small school said they’d level the conference if they weren’t allowed to be in the small school. And it was allowed they’re babies personally I don’t think he’s amazing but I could be bias because I hate them so much.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 am

Yes he is. Sandy Valleys the school that’s in the IVC that plays in the small school division but is one of the biggest schools in the big and small division they cried and cried and cried to get in the small school said they’d level the conference if they weren’t allowed to be in the small school. And it was allowed they’re babies personally I don’t think he’s amazing but I could be bias because I hate them so much.
Well at least your honest 😂 😂 I know Indian valley beat them too I saw the highlights from that game there qb didn’t seem that great

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am Well Waverly didn't beat us. again prove my point. NOT a power run team a spread team. and yes those performances were average against us and i believe we defended the pass well. My point is if you can't defend it well you will give up 250-350 not 160-170.
:lol: :lol: guess in the end I was proven right all along. No big deal it's what happens when ppl are to close to the team they look at things with rose colored glasses and not for the reality that is.
I don't see how you are proven right. My original comment was Ironton better hope we can beat them because we are better at defending the pass than Ironton. This just confirmed my suspicion. We got rolled by Ridgewood just as I expected we would. you won't find me saying otherwise. Just like i said Ridgewood is a nightmare matchup for Ironton and will find out first hand. go back and read my original post Goose

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am Every Ironton fan should be rooting for Burg to win this week. Ridgewood is a nightmare match up for Ironton. Ironton can NOT defend a good passing team which is exactly what Ridgewood is. Ironton is awesome against the run which is what the Burg is this year. waaay better match up for Ironton. Plus you have already beat us. Burg has already defeated 2 playoff teams that run spread offenses (Waverly and Minford). If we cant stop them Ironton fans should be very concerned
My original post that you responded to Goose. as you can see I am NOT predicting a victory for Burg. Only that Ironton better hope we can. key word HOPE. which is all we had vs. Wood

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:51 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am Well Waverly didn't beat us. again prove my point. NOT a power run team a spread team. and yes those performances were average against us and i believe we defended the pass well. My point is if you can't defend it well you will give up 250-350 not 160-170.
:lol: :lol: guess in the end I was proven right all along. No big deal it's what happens when ppl are to close to the team they look at things with rose colored glasses and not for the reality that is.
I don't see how you are proven right. My original comment was Ironton better hope we can beat them because we are better at defending the pass than Ironton. This just confirmed my suspicion. We got rolled by Ridgewood just as I expected we would. you won't find me saying otherwise. Just like i said Ridgewood is a nightmare matchup for Ironton and will find out first hand. go back and read my original post Goose
You said and I quote burg HAS and CAN defend the pass well. Because you only felt they gave up 160-170 a game passing which in SEO and high school is not very good somehow they were strong against the pass and it was the power running teams they gave them problems. You know exactly what you said and thought as you were disagreeing with my assessment in the end 15/22 and 287 yards later with what 3 or 4 touchdowns it was the passing game that light up the score board for Ridgewood.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

it's the difference between a good and a Great passing team. I stand by my statements

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 am it's the difference between a good and a Great passing team. I stand by my statements
LOL, doubling down after saying they can defend the pass going into that game and thinking that wouldn't be a problem. Love it, no big deal some people simply don't understand when they have a bias for their team they truly feel they can do no wrong.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

The only thing I am doubling down on is I think Burg defends the pass better than Ironton. I still think that. No bias just what I think. I fully expected us to lose to Wood. Ironton would also beat Burg again had they played... probably worse than first game. That is why I said Ironton should have been rooting for us. That way Ironton walks into the final 4. Now I think Ironton loses to Wood. Ironton is better than Burg this year. I said it again. But Wood is going to the State Finals.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:47 am The only thing I am doubling down on is I think Burg defends the pass better than Ironton. I still think that. No bias just what I think. I fully expected us to lose to Wood. Ironton would also beat Burg again had they played... probably worse than first game. That is why I said Ironton should have been rooting for us. That way Ironton walks into the final 4. Now I think Ironton loses to Wood. Ironton is better than Burg this year. I said it again. But Wood is going to the State Finals.
Yeah I'll agree with you on that one, also with what Ridgewood is returning we all should expect them there again this time next year. Should see them in the state title game if not this year then possibly next year for sure if everything lines up accordingly. That's an excellent team with a lot of playmakers.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I firmly believe whoever wins the Ridgewood vs. Ironton game will end up in the state championship game for a slugfest against Kirtland.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 am I firmly believe whoever wins the Ridgewood vs. Ironton game will end up in the state championship game for a slugfest against Kirtland.
I agree these teams are too good hopefully they don’t beat each other up to bad and stay healthy

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 am
Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:47 am The only thing I am doubling down on is I think Burg defends the pass better than Ironton. I still think that. No bias just what I think. I fully expected us to lose to Wood. Ironton would also beat Burg again had they played... probably worse than first game. That is why I said Ironton should have been rooting for us. That way Ironton walks into the final 4. Now I think Ironton loses to Wood. Ironton is better than Burg this year. I said it again. But Wood is going to the State Finals.
Yeah I'll agree with you on that one, also with what Ridgewood is returning we all should expect them there again this time next year. Should see them in the state title game if not this year then possibly next year for sure if everything lines up accordingly. That's an excellent team with a lot of playmakers.
I think you were mistaking what I was saying early on. We usually agree for the most part. I was the guy saying we were going to go 2-3 or 1-4 then sweep the SOC and be playing week 12(I was bashed for this week 1-3). Burg got this far because we are the best top to bottom program in SEO. In a down year to start with that had alot of key injuries most teams would have crumbled but Burg goes 8-4 and finishes 3rd/4th in the region. It's why we attract haters. I want Ironton to win a state title this year I will be there rooting for them. Unfortunately I think they suffer the same fate Burg did. I think the score will be closer as I think Ironton can sustain some drives, eat up the clock and get in the end zone a little better than Burg. however I think Wood scores on every possession.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Come on .. your saying your rooting for Ironton at the same time you say Ridgewood will score on every possession lol three no doubt they are good probably the best team Irontons faces but Ironton is giving up less than 6 points a game and you think they won’t stop them once ?? Lol your not realistic

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:03 pm Come on .. your saying your rooting for Ironton at the same time you say Ridgewood will score on every possession lol three no doubt they are good probably the best team Irontons faces but Ironton is giving up less than 6 points a game and you think they won’t stop them once ?? Lol your not realistic
So someone can't root for one team and realize that the other team Is possibly a better team and will win. I done this last week with Burg, and Waverly I was hoping they'd be able to pull out the victory as I root for SEO teams but knew it was a tall task given their opponents that they simply wouldn't have enough fire power to keep up with these teams. Yeah Ironton gives up roughly 6 a game and in an earlier post, that I still stick by who have they beaten?? They're a good team mind you but when I look at that schedule what is their signature win?? Week 11 and 12 of the playoffs they couldn't have been handed any better draws than Wellston and AC. Week 13 we find out how good they truly are, I wish them the best and hope they win but ultimately I've said Ridgewood is my favorite and so far they haven't done anything in weeks 11 and 12 to disprove that notion. Ridgewood by 2-3 scores is what I've posted on this one.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:03 pm Come on .. your saying your rooting for Ironton at the same time you say Ridgewood will score on every possession lol three no doubt they are good probably the best team Irontons faces but Ironton is giving up less than 6 points a game and you think they won’t stop them once ?? Lol your not realistic
Yes I cheered for Burg til the clock was 00:00 but I would'nt have taken Burg +21 in a bet

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 am

Agreed Ray! SV admin wanted nothing to so with playing Wood or Garaway every year.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:09 pm
So someone can't root for one team and realize that the other team Is possibly a better team and will win. I done this last week with Burg, and Waverly I was hoping they'd be able to pull out the victory as I root for SEO teams but knew it was a tall task given their opponents that they simply wouldn't have enough fire power to keep up with these teams. Yeah Ironton gives up roughly 6 a game and in an earlier post, that I still stick by who have they beaten?? They're a good team mind you but when I look at that schedule what is their signature win?? Week 11 and 12 of the playoffs they couldn't have been handed any better draws than Wellston and AC. Week 13 we find out how good they truly are, I wish them the best and hope they win but ultimately I've said Ridgewood is my favorite and so far they haven't done anything in weeks 11 and 12 to disprove that notion. Ridgewood by 2-3 scores is what I've posted on this one.
They beat enough teams to have a loss and still be # 1 in RPI in the region so you tell me

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:18 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:09 pm
They beat enough teams to have a loss and still be # 1 in RPI in the region so you tell me
That's easy, I already explained my reasoning on the 1st page so not typing all of that out again right at the bottom of the page. You think being #1 ranking in a region qualifies as an argument to what I said?? So sorry but no it doesn't.

Return to “Football”