Week 11: Fisher Catholic (8-2) at Harvest Prep (9-1)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Week 11: Fisher Catholic (8-2) at Harvest Prep (9-1)

Post by formerfcfan »

Disappointed that this is our round one playoff game, but only because I wanted to see us play Newark Catholic one more time in football. Avenge years of heartbreak in baseball playoffs. As a longtime fan, I am however appreciative of yet another playoff appearance.

At the risk of sounding too partial, this may not be a horrible game. FC is not your typical #8 seed by any means. The rest of the eight-team field is grinning this matchup happened.

I would call HP -14 as favorites. Last year we lost 12-0 there in a game where we had the opportunities to score.

Lots of speed between the two teams. Lots of running the ball: HP with 3200+ yards rushing against generally stronger competition, FC with 3500+ yards rushing against generally weaker competition but also with a lot less time of possession (given many of the games being shortened/running clock.)

Good luck and good health to both teams.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Week 11: Fisher Catholic (8-2) at Harvest Prep (9-1)

Post by VetteMan »

Without looking it up, were there common opponents during the season ?

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

Harvest Prep overrated. They may be lucky they didn't have to face River because that team wanted HP.
Shadyside wins the region anyway.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Harvest a Prep by a lot

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Face river lololo

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Rooting for Fisher just because you formerfcfan

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Not a fan of Harvest Prep- but this is their game and region to lose. No disrespect to the Mid State Cardinal but the move to the Ohio Division has made this team better. Facing Columbus Academy, Ready and Whitehall along with other Ohio Division schools has better prepared the Warriors for the playoffs. With that being said Harvest Prep players have to play the games and can not take a night off in the playoffs.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:27 am Not a fan of Harvest Prep- but this is their game and region to lose. No disrespect to the Mid State Cardinal but the move to the Ohio Division has made this team better. Facing Columbus Academy, Ready and Whitehall along with other Ohio Division schools has better prepared the Warriors for the playoffs. With that being said Harvest Prep players have to play the games and can not take a night off in the playoffs.
I agree. Basically stopped making sense for HP to play in the Cardinal for many reasons past football- e.g. do families in the city care if you beat Berne Union, or do they care if you beat Whitehall.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 pm Harvest Prep overrated. They may be lucky they didn't have to face River because that team wanted HP.
HP is a lot better this year than the year River played them. River would’ve been ran out on a rail if HP played them this year.

And thanks, Matt!

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

Have seen River twice and they play to level of competition, but put it all together last 2 games.
Think River would make a game of it and not be the level of blowout-here-we-come against FC.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:00 am Have seen River twice and they play to level of competition, but put it all together last 2 games.
Think River would make a game of it and not be the level of blowout-here-we-come against FC.
FC is worthy of being in the playoffs. Don’t act like the Pilots are worthier. Cry us a River. No pun intended.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Neither one can beat hp this year.But i will be rooting for fc to win.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:37 pm Neither one can beat hp this year.But i will be rooting for fc to win.
Thanks, yo. Good luck to Trimble this week, next week and beyond.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Prep by 21 or more.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The World Harvest megachurch little all-stars get it done in this one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm The World Harvest megachurch little all-stars get it done in this one.
Week 13 will be a whole lot of Jesus for the region

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 pm Harvest Prep overrated. They may be lucky they didn't have to face River because that team wanted HP.
This is the matchup River wanted and it’s not even a question.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:19 am
West Rowan Falcons wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:00 am Have seen River twice and they play to level of competition, but put it all together last 2 games.
FC is worthy of being in the playoffs. Don’t act like the Pilots are worthier. Cry us a River. No pun intended.
If you get by nature of the beast you deserve to be in. HP is very similar to how they are every single recent season. Very beatable as long as you remain disciplined and have the ability to move the ball against their athletes with a lot of play action and misdirection. Also on the defensive side of the ball sending constant pressure and not being stagnant. HP calls every play on the line based on the Ds alignment which is why they had so much trouble against River 2 seasons ago. If River was in this matchup I would have taken River in a nail biter since I have seen them play so much and know what they can do on a bigger stage. As for FC they have a chance but I think they get wore down in the end due to HP’s speed.

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Harvest prep cruises to week 12

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:19 am
If you get by nature of the beast you deserve to be in. HP is very similar to how they are every single recent season. Very beatable as long as you remain disciplined and have the ability to move the ball against their athletes with a lot of play action and misdirection. Also on the defensive side of the ball sending constant pressure and not being stagnant. HP calls every play on the line based on the Ds alignment which is why they had so much trouble against River 2 seasons ago. If River was in this matchup I would have taken River in a nail biter since I have seen them play so much and know what they can do on a bigger stage. As for FC they have a chance but I think they get wore down in the end due to HP’s speed.
That’s pretty fair. By all means, Mike Flannery always has a solid team and River again has some great players (e.g. the Dennis kid). It’s a shame that the Pilots couldn’t qualify, but the commentary insinuating they’re more worthy to be in is just foolish. Region 27 was harder to qualify this year than last year, and the 5-8 seeds are probably better than last year’s 5-8 seeds were. Shoot, FC was basically in already but between Eastern beating Belpre, Symmes beating Northwest and ND&FCA not winning they were basically helpless as they sunk to the 8th spot. I see no bad teams in this year, and whether River would’ve made the bottom of the top 8 marginally stronger seems to be a topic that’d get incredibly minute past Monday afternoon. Maybe you in particular are right about River. At least your way of putting it was reasonable unlike the other bloke’s.

My hope is FC can get themselves in a clock control situation on offense; get a lead and get that clock milked.

Return to “Football”