WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

Wellston007
Waterboy

Re: WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by Wellston007 »

CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:15 am ...Says the person who doesn’t even know how to use the quote feature.
Sick burn

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Wellston007 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:14 am Anyone who knows ANYTHING ...
Says the person who knows nothing.
[/quote]

That’s hilarious lmao

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

C.O.B.

Just a few finger taps away from banned, AGAIN!!!

Good luck FighTing Tigers.

1 game at a time!!!

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am C.O.B.

Just a few finger taps away from banned, AGAIN!!!

Good luck FighTing Tigers.

1 game at a time!!!
What do you mean?

2019 - WE restored the ROAR!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Wellston007 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am
CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am CC fell to Waverly by 35.
The Burg beat Waverly by 14.
Ironton beat The Burg by 24.

This means Ironton is 73 points better than AC, hopefully Pendleton doesn’t embarrass our guests too bad.
Dang, son. You got a mess going on inside that head of yours.

FYI: game is at a neutral site, so AC will definitely not be your guests. Crying or not.

I know, i know, you are obviously a know-nothing homer, so I'm not really concerned what your opinion is, but for those people out there reading that do actually understand that Saturday will be a match up of two great football teams, football is a game of match-ups. Amanda did not match up well against Waverly and might have made a mistake of thinking Shanks wouldn't play due to injury and possibly overlooked how good Waverly actually was due to their loss to Unioto. AC has since then revamped their secondary and shut down two very high-powered throwing teams. Bloom Carroll and Academy. Which is really neither here nor there because, on tape (against good competition), Ironton does not throw the ball all that well. They are a power football team. Which is exactly what Amanda is and which is exactly the sort of team they thrive against. (And they actually just went up against a bigger, stronger team a couple weeks ago in Teays Valley. They lost but kept it very close.)

From a player perspective, Ironton might have more flashy prospects, but this is a great match-up for AC. Ironton fans hoping for or counting on a blow-out should pump their brakes a little. This should be a really good clash of two very sold all-around football teams.
exactly how we should be thinking, cause it's true. I think Pendleton has ironton uber focused.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:54 am I got money that says Canton or bust is a troll. Remember to please do not feed the Trolls :lol:
I'm sure you are onto something dutch it happens every year. and I have a good idea who a couple of suspects are.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:03 am

This means Ironton is 73 points better than AC, hopefully Pendleton doesn’t embarrass our guests too bad.

FYI: game is at a neutral site, so AC will definitely not be your guests. Crying or not.

I know, i know, you are obviously a know-nothing homer, so I'm not really concerned what your opinion is, but for those people out there reading that do actually understand that Saturday will be a match up of two great football teams, football is a game of match-ups. Amanda did not match up well against Waverly and might have made a mistake of thinking Shanks wouldn't play due to injury and possibly overlooked how good Waverly actually was due to their loss to Unioto. AC has since then revamped their secondary and shut down two very high-powered throwing teams. Bloom Carroll and Academy. Which is really neither here nor there because, on tape (against good competition), Ironton does not throw the ball all that well. They are a power football team. Which is exactly what Amanda is and which is exactly the sort of team they thrive against. (And they actually just went up against a bigger, stronger team a couple weeks ago in Teays Valley. They lost but kept it very close.)

From a player perspective, Ironton might have more flashy prospects, but this is a great match-up for AC. Ironton fans hoping for or counting on a blow-out should pump their brakes a little. This should be a really good clash of two very sold all-around football teams.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about football knows that the higher seed is considered the home team, and thus, the lower team as the guests. While we are both visitors to Jackson, WE ARE the home team, and AC is our guests.

Not only is that true on paper, it will be true in practice as I predict the fighting Tiger fans travel better at a rate of 1.5:1. In fact, if the ratio is closer to us traveling at 2:1, I wouldn’t be surprised.

The outcome of this game has already been determined, it’s up to the Tigers to write our victorious story. Mission 12, baby!
OH MY. YOU TALK ABOUT NEEDING TO PUMP THE BRAKES. HOLD ON WHILST I GET MY MUDDIN' BOOTS ON, IT'S GETTING DEEP. TRUST ME THIS IS NOT AN IRONTON FAN. IF IT IS HE'S IN JUNIOR HIGH.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Alright, fellas. If I need to temper my fanaticism and enthusiasm, then I will. It still doesn’t change the fact that Ironton is on their way to a state championship!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Best of Luck to the Aces. Looks like the Creek has been rising after an extended drought.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:46 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm Amanda played their way into this game, so they do deserve to be on the same field as the Tigers.

Thebuckeyes thanks for the ticket info. I will get mine online because I can see long lines at the gate Saturday. Can you order and get scanned more than one ticket on one phone?
exactly what I'm saying. have no idea why we're talking about state titles. nothing matters right now but beating the aces.
You got this Bait

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I have rarely posted in the last few years, but I read these boards a lot. I’d wager a fair sum of cash that Canton Or Bust is NOT from Ironton. So many schools in and around Lawrence County have harbored such hatred and resentment for so long toward Ironton. It happens to other schools too when they have success. So always remember, don’t judge a school based on an anonymous message board.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

sprinter14 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 pm I have rarely posted in the last few years, but I read these boards a lot. I’d wager a fair sum of cash that Canton Or Bust is NOT from Ironton. So many schools in and around Lawrence County have harbored such hatred and resentment for so long toward Ironton. It happens to other schools too when they have success. So always remember, don’t judge a school based on an anonymous message board.
Good post, Agree 100%.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Even if he is from here I’d say he’s trolling

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sprinter14 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 pm I have rarely posted in the last few years, but I read these boards a lot. I’d wager a fair sum of cash that Canton Or Bust is NOT from Ironton. So many schools in and around Lawrence County have harbored such hatred and resentment for so long toward Ironton. It happens to other schools too when they have success. So always remember, don’t judge a school based on an anonymous message board.
DING, DING, DING, DING. GIVE THAT MAN A CEE -- GAR. WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Great post

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

I'm just glad to see Ironton finally get some fans back in the seats besides the TRUE tiger fans I know a bunch of them took a couple years off when they was going through a couple of rough season hats off to you all that supported the kids no matter what.

Can't wait for the tiger wood "s" matchup

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:53 pm I'm just glad to see Ironton finally get some fans back in the seats besides the TRUE tiger fans I know a bunch of them took a couple years off when they was going through a couple of rough season hats off to you all that supported the kids no matter what.

Can't wait for the tiger wood "s" matchup
Whoa, Nelly! Hold your horses! If you overlook AC, people start calling you a troll from rival schools.

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

I just wanted to get my " tiger- woods comments in , just in case

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Last time these 2 teams met in the playoffs was 2011 in 1st round. 8-2 Amanda was 3 seed and 6-4 ironton was 6 seed. Ironton won 12-9 at Amanda. I think this will be another close game.
Last edited by Giorgio Tsoukalous on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironton by 10-14 points.

Return to “Football”