Week 12: WOOD BURG

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by Jack Sparrow »

hammer89 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:33 pm All of us from the Wood know what it is like to be the team everybody loves to hate. Looks like Burg is the same. :D
Hammer, we are more alike than different. Respect, discipline all within the team concept. The sum of the parts equal the whole.
Wood will be prepared and The Burg will be prepared. Strap em on, let’s go....

Good luck to wood
GoBurg

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 am

I agree to an extent. I see what you mean. But from just 3 years ago until now they have went from a heavy run to now a true spread RPO offense with midline being the main action. Burg has ran that for years. So yea. We know it and it looks like they took a page out of our book. That's how coaches learn. It would be dumb to do the same stuff that wasn't winning you the ball games. But they had some really good film from the 4 times they played Burg. I mean those were the years Burg was really hitting on all cylinders.
On top of that Ridgewood won many of games in the Wing T went to the state semis running the wing T.
Football is changing is my point here. More coaches are turning to the spread offense to gain a #'s advantage. If I had horses in the stable and bulls on the line, I'd opt for more of a wing t style. I understand what you're getting at.
Yeah look no further than Kirtland and what they're able to accomplish year in and year out running the ball 50 times a game.

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

I have a feeling if these 2 teams were closer than 3 hours this might just become a regular season game. Both schools want to be in games like this.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

If Burg does a better job tackling from here on out, I can see them winning the region. JMO....GO BURG!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think I figured it out. Vlad had money on Ashland.

Bottom line is this is two playoff rich teams ( I thought I saw somewhere Burg is 38-28 in the playoffs in there history.) Pretty impressive. Do not have RW’s playoff record but know they have been in there pretty regularly the last 10 years.

Neither team is taking the other lightly. Neither team is looking to the regional championship.

This has the makings of who has the ball last wins. Could come down to a FG. Both look to have great kickers. Both have play makers that can score anytime they touch the ball.

Looking forward to a great game. Is it Saturday yet??? Lol

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 pm I think I figured it out. Vlad had money on Ashland.

Bottom line is this is two playoff rich teams ( I thought I saw somewhere Burg is 38-28 in the playoffs in there history.) Pretty impressive. Do not have RW’s playoff record but know they have been in there pretty regularly the last 10 years.

Neither team is taking the other lightly. Neither team is looking to the regional championship.

This has the makings of who has the ball last wins. Could come down to a FG. Both look to have great kickers. Both have play makers that can score anytime they touch the ball.

Looking forward to a great game. Is it Saturday yet??? Lol
:D Hey ya got me there buddy! And, I had more on Burg going 1-4 heading into the Minford game. I had someone give me +17 with the Burg/Minford playoff game, so I got it back as my Falcons covered.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

sad to see the name change :( I liked WOOD BURG

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 pm sad to see the name change :( I liked WOOD BURG
No kidding just made it lame and boring like every other thread.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by Raycharles »

Changed it back. Go make your own thread if you wanna be politically correct.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think that mayby the last time that Oak Hill beat the Burg, ( May have been the only time) in possibly 2009, I saw Oak Hill and Ridgewood play a 2nd rd game at Lancaster. This was when 2nd rd games could still be played on grass. Ridgewood won in a back and forth real close game. I don't even remember the score, I just remember that OH was down very close to the goal, and got stopped on 4th and 1 going for the lead with very little time left on the clock. I know that Burg has played them quite a few times, and has had a lot of success. Good luck to Burg, and I hope both teams have an in jury free game.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ridgewood beat Oak Hill in 2009 in round 2 at Lancaster, 20-12. Oak Hill last beat Burg in 2010 at Oak Hill, 29-22. Ridgewood’s all time playoff record is 7-13, including this year, with one Final Four appearance in 2009.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am
On top of that Ridgewood won many of games in the Wing T went to the state semis running the wing T.
Football is changing is my point here. More coaches are turning to the spread offense to gain a #'s advantage. If I had horses in the stable and bulls on the line, I'd opt for more of a wing t style. I understand what you're getting at.
Yeah look no further than Kirtland and what they're able to accomplish year in and year out running the ball 50 times a game.
That's why I referenced that. It is still utilized in quite a few successful programs around Ohio. When kids buy in to discipline, that's where the rubber hits the road.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Few quick points...…
1. online tickets are easy and you pick the school who gets the credit, if you don't have a smart phone you can print the ticket and take it with you
2. Wood is a good team nothing but respect
3. Burg is a good team nothing but respect
4. Going to be a great game I don't see it being a blow out either way.
5. I am not from Burg or Wood but would love to see the SEO team keep winning and love to watch The Rematch. GO BURG
6. Most important hope both teams get to play great game and stay injury free

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Play calling has to be better for Burg to win. They have the talent and the athletes to beat Ridgewood, but the way they played against Minford will get them beat by 3 scores.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps

Wood - 35
Burg — 27

Drew Pasteur - Wood wins by 16

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

In 4 all-time meetings between these two schools, Burg holds a 121-52 scoring advantage. I think this is set up to be a big game. Wheelersburg has never been considered the underdog against the Generals which I believe coach Woodward will be hammering that into his players all week. I can only imagine it's providing the Pirates fuel for the fire. Also, I believe Ridgewood plays at their best when they are considered underdogs so it will be interesting to see how they handle being considered the "favorite" if you will. Ridgewood staff and players are fully aware of the history of Burg football and the effort with which they play. I expect an all out war Saturday night where the victor will have fully earned their right to play in week 13. Really stinks it's only Tuesday!

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I believe you will be able to buy presale tickets on Thursday at the high school. I’d check with the school tho to be sure....

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

The people on here predicting the Wood wins by 4 touchdowns needs to have their head examined. Wheelersburg is still a week 12 team and the Wood is NOT going to overlook the pirates. Sure this the best chance the Wood has to win in all 5 meetings, but there is still a stigma of it being the burg that has beat us 4 out of 4 times. I think the Wood will win, but to say it’s going to be by more than 24 points is just asinine. I got the wood by a touchdown.

Ridgewood 34
Wheelersburg 27 in an instant classic of Ohio high school football. People will be talking about this one for a long time. Go Wood!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I think Burg is as healthy as they have been all year going into this game. I haven’t seen much film of Wood. But clearly they are good. Them being a spread team scares the heck out of me because we really have not defended the perimeter or tacked very well all year. Inside I think Burg can play with anyone and match up well. I think the key is burg stopping the big play, containing woods qb and making tackles. Along with taking care of the ball themselves and hopefully burg plays a little field position. If wood is gonna score let’s try to make em go the length of the field instead of setting them up with close to 4 down territory all night that might mean kicking it deep and taking your chances with woods return game

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Wood vs. Ironton in the Regional final. Burg cannot keep up with ridgewood.

Return to “Football”