Playoff attendance

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Playoff attendance

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm Golly, I'm really surprised that someone has not gotten on here and said what a good deal they got by only having to pay 3 dollars at the Jackson playoff game.
It pays to have connections. No parking fee (front row) or ticket fee for me last week down there but they got my money back at the concession stand. Veal not bad and a few hot chocolates 8-)
As a neutral fan who does go to a few of Jackson's games, I know from some of your posts that you live somewhere in the Columbus area. I know that I have said that I thought that Jackson has one of the nicest Stadium in SEO, how would you compare The Ironmen's Stadium to some of the better Stadium that you have gone to over the years ?

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

$5.00 to park at a High School? Waverly is a steal at $2.00. Do they charge $5.00 for regular season games?
I think $9.00 for a first round playoff game is ridiculous especially when the host school gets NONE of it. Are most fans going to pay it, yes. Does that make it right, NO.
[/quote]

Went to a game there this year to see the place and no there wasn't a charge for parking.
[/quote]
No one was charging for parking at the Waverly games I attended. It was very close to starting times, however when I got to them.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

And yet we don’t complain to pay 20-40 bucks at a pro or college game! Wow

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:04 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm Golly, I'm really surprised that someone has not gotten on here and said what a good deal they got by only having to pay 3 dollars at the Jackson playoff game.
It pays to have connections. No parking fee (front row) or ticket fee for me last week down there but they got my money back at the concession stand. Veal not bad and a few hot chocolates 8-)
As a neutral fan who does go to a few of Jackson's games, I know from some of your posts that you live somewhere in the Columbus area. I know that I have said that I thought that Jackson has one of the nicest Stadium in SEO, how would you compare The Ironmen's Stadium to some of the better Stadium that you have gone to over the years ?
Most of the City league fields up here are like the old school fields were in SEO with grass, old bleachers, lighting etc. and very few have been upgraded much at all in the last 40 years. Most of the newer stadiums in the suburban areas (Hilliard, Groveport, Dublin, Olentangy, etc.) are nice and big but generic with a lot of metal, decent scoreboards, huge parking lots and most have tracks which I detest. Some have visitor bleacher's that are too low and you need binoculars to see the action. I love Grove City's field even though it's old school with both home and away bleachers sitting high on both sides w/no track and 5 yards away from the sidelines. Hartley's field is nicely updated and quaint and sorta reminds me of Jacksons old field off South street in a residential neighborhood with mostly on street parking around the field and Upper Arlington is much the same but has full size visitor bleachers to match the home side. As far as old stadiums up here I've got to pick Newarks White field for the history, ambiance and new upgrades to the field although parking can be a bear if you don't get there early. I could go on and on but as far as the Jackson stadium goes, I do think it's the best in SEO right now. I like how it combines the brick, metal and concrete together and the black fencing helps set it off. I've been there a couple times and the hilltop setting is nice. The scoreboard is great and I like the passageways under the bleachers with the concession stands and the table and chairs set up under the visitor bleachers was pretty cool & different for a place to eat and relax. It's an easy out after the game to the highway if you're parked beside the stadium and just have to go around the south side and over the hill. I don't know if there is a better stadium than Jackson as a whole overall in Central Ohio.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:13 am
VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Most of the City league fields up here are like the old school fields were in SEO with grass, old bleachers, lighting etc. and very few have been upgraded much at all in the last 40 years. Most of the newer stadiums in the suburban areas (Hilliard, Groveport, Dublin, Olentangy, etc.) are nice and big but generic with a lot of metal, decent scoreboards, huge parking lots and most have tracks which I detest. Some have visitor bleacher's that are too low and you need binoculars to see the action. I love Grove City's field even though it's old school with both home and away bleachers sitting high on both sides w/no track and 5 yards away from the sidelines. Hartley's field is nicely updated and quaint and sorta reminds me of Jacksons old field off South street in a residential neighborhood with mostly on street parking around the field and Upper Arlington is much the same but has full size visitor bleachers to match the home side. As far as old stadiums up here I've got to pick Newarks White field for the history, ambiance and new upgrades to the field although parking can be a bear if you don't get there early. I could go on and on but as far as the Jackson stadium goes, I do think it's the best in SEO right now. I like how it combines the brick, metal and concrete together and the black fencing helps set it off. I've been there a couple times and the hilltop setting is nice. The scoreboard is great and I like the passageways under the bleachers with the concession stands and the table and chairs set up under the visitor bleachers was pretty cool & different for a place to eat and relax. It's an easy out after the game to the highway if you're parked beside the stadium and just have to go around the south side and over the hill. I don't know if there is a better stadium than Jackson as a whole overall in Central Ohio.
Thank you, I figured if I was going to compare any of the Stadiums in Central Ohio to the Jackson Stadium, you would be the person to ask.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Waverly quit charging after the parkers about got hit.

At Waverly concessions and patking are done by other sports. All the teams take turns. For regular session events the boosters keep that but for tournaments, playoff etc the team doing the work directly gets the money. This is my understanding anyway

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Did not know that the schools no longer get a cut from presale tickets. Makes sense now on why they are trying the online ticket sales with the processing fee to try and generate more money.

It all boils down to the OHSAA is losing their azzes now during the state finals because people are not going because they refuse to move them from Canton so they are now going to start trying to make up for that loss somehow.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:09 pm Did not know that the schools no longer get a cut from presale tickets. Makes sense now on why they are trying the online ticket sales with the processing fee to try and generate more money.

It all boils down to the OHSAA is losing their azzes now during the state finals because people are not going because they refuse to move them from Canton so they are now going to start trying to make up for that loss somehow.

Does the state game not rotate back to Columbus anymore?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Didn't the price go way up, after Columbus got them and they have now gone up since returning to Canton?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:09 pm Did not know that the schools no longer get a cut from presale tickets. Makes sense now on why they are trying the online ticket sales with the processing fee to try and generate more money.

Didn't realize they cut that out either, that's typically why I'll purchase from a school because they do get a cut.

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

This information was taken from a post on the Fort Frye Local School District Facebook page.

Presale tickets are available on-line (now) or at the schools (after 2 pm Weds) for $8.00

The paper tickets purchased at the school sees the school gets $1.20 from each presale ticket. However, the schools are only given 500 paper tickets.

Tickets on-line $8 plus a handling fee which ends up being more then if you purchased tickets at the gate, but the school gets 15 percent of presale tickets sold on-line. You can either print the ticket or they will scan them off your device.

Tickets at door $9.00 and the schools do not receive any money. 

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I would love to pay $20 a ticket or $30 a ticket and get to watch 2 or 3 playoff games same day.
224 teams make the playoffs each year. First round games still home and away as it is now then second round there are 112 teams left 16 per division. With 4 divisions playing on big day that would be 32 games if each place holds 3 games would need 11 facilities to make it happen. This is a list of the top 13 and I am fine with adding to this list but just would give the kids the best stadiums to play in and with 3 games the crowds should be bigger and great experience for all involved. By adding a dollar or two per ticket give the extra to the schools.

1.Hall of Fame Stadium
2.First Energy Stadium (Browns)
3.Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals)
4.The Glass Bowl (Toledo Rockets)
5.Doyt Perry Stadium (Bowling Green Falcons)
6.Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati Bearcats)
7.Fred Yager Field (Miami Redhawks)
8. Pedan Stadiun (Ohio Bobcats)
9. InfoCision Stadium (Akron Zips)
10. Dix Stadium (Kent State Golden Flashes)
11. Stambaugh Stadium (Youngstown State Penguins)
12. Welcome Stadium (Dayton Flyers)
13. Crew Stadium (Columbus Crew)

Example with the second week upon us Pedan would look like this
Friday 12:00 Harvest Prep vs Waterford
Friday 4:00 Bishop Hartley vs Granville
Friday 8:00 Alder vs Jackson

Sat 12:00 Bloom Carroll vs Waverly
Sat 4:00 Ironton vs Amanda-Clearcreek
Sat 8:00 Ridgewood vs Wheelersburg

All State Championships played at The Shoe!!!

Kicker.
All Conference

Re:

Post by Kicker. »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 pm I would love to pay $20 a ticket or $30 a ticket and get to watch 2 or 3 playoff games same day.
224 teams make the playoffs each year. First round games still home and away as it is now then second round there are 112 teams left 16 per division. With 4 divisions playing on big day that would be 32 games if each place holds 3 games would need 11 facilities to make it happen. This is a list of the top 13 and I am fine with adding to this list but just would give the kids the best stadiums to play in and with 3 games the crowds should be bigger and great experience for all involved. By adding a dollar or two per ticket give the extra to the schools.

1.Hall of Fame Stadium

Only example I think wouldn’t work would be at crew stadium, I’m sure they could swing capital or ohio dominican for the a site in Columbus

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Think about regional final weekend

Friday 3:30 Region 11 Championship
Friday 8:00 Region 3 Championship
sat 11:00 Region 21 Championship
Sat 3:30 Region 15 Championship
Sat 8:00 Region 19 Championship

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Re: Re:

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 pm
THEbuckeyes wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 pm I would love to pay $20 a ticket or $30 a ticket and get to watch 2 or 3 playoff games same day.

1.Hall of Fame Stadium

Only example I think wouldn’t work would be at crew stadium, I’m sure they could swing capital or ohio dominican for the a site in Columbus
I was just trying to think of bigger nicer places for the kids with good parking. But yeah I am good with taken Crew off.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why take Crew stadium off? It holds 20,000 so more than enough seating for the state finals

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm Why take Crew stadium off? It holds 20,000 so more than enough seating for the state finals
If I was playing I would love to play there. I don't know why kicker said need to take it off. Would have to have one in the Columbus area to make it work in my opinion.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

10,000 is way plenty for State finals. Half the games have half that many. It’s cold and season should be set up to end 2 weeks earlier. Teams are more then ready to start mid August.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm Why take Crew stadium off? It holds 20,000 so more than enough seating for the state finals
If I was playing I would love to play there. I don't know why kicker said need to take it off. Would have to have one in the Columbus area to make it work in my opinion.
It’s a grass field!

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Did not think about that it is crazy that Columbus does not have any other fields that sit 15K plus with turf other than the shoe.....

Return to “Football”