Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

14U
S

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by 14U »

Paulcrew wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:59 am bottom line on location:

if you want to favor 1 seed the game is in chillicothe

if you want to favor the 2 seed you put the game in Lancaster.

it is basically the same scenario either way. Lancaster is 75 minutes for Ridgewood and about 110 minutes for Ironton

the other scenario is basically the reverse
Agree! But burg traveled now it’s time for ridgewood to travel Chillicothe is nice. Higher seeds get the privilege

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Braves00 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:17 pm What about playing the game @ Teays Valley or Canal
Oh I hope not Teays, was there for the Jackson game Friday night and they were terrible host. 1 parking lot attendant took ppl 15 minutes to get into the parking lot, PA system not working properly, visitor section is not very big especially given 1 part is for the band, and the kicker they didn't put any work into making the stadium ready. Snow and ice from Monday night was still on the bleachers Friday night and several ppl about fell and everyone was sliding everywhere. They never started putting salt down until they seen ppl were slipping and sliding. Simply put if you can't put the effort in to prepare your stadium then don't apply to host.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton has an amazing year going right now. they are having a magical year. something about an ironton team, and the years ending in 9. if ironton can clean up some hiccups this week. I like their chances. and our defense is amazing, it is carrying us through these miscues. clean up the penalties and turnovers, and I think we can play with anybody out there. I saw where waverly and burg, and trimble all fell after amazing years by all of them. ================= goofy question. who is now left in region 19 d5. and what other local teams are left in the playoffs. I get confused this time of year as to who is left. and did Ashland, ky. win or not. that shows how tough the tigers schedule has been, it's just full of playoff teams. check and see.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:18 am ironton has an amazing year going right now. they are having a magical year. something about an ironton team, and the years ending in 9. if ironton can clean up some hiccups this week. I like their chances. and our defense is amazing, it is carrying us through these miscues. clean up the penalties and turnovers, and I think we can play with anybody out there. I saw where waverly and burg, and trimble all fell after amazing years by all of them. ================= goofy question. who is now left in region 19 d5. and what other local teams are left in the playoffs. I get confused this time of year as to who is left. and did Ashland, ky. win or not. that shows how tough the tigers schedule has been, it's just full of playoff teams. check and see.
Ironton and ridgewood are the last two team in region 19 whoever wins goes to the final 4. Ashland won also I think there in the elite 8

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I like Ironton's matchup in this one, slight edge to Ridgewood on paper but I think Ironton pulls out a win and advances. This one almost has to be along the 33 corridor I would think. Lancaster, Logan, NY or Athens.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I say nelsonville or logan

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

My opinion , end of the line for Ironton, Ridgewood wins !

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Logan or Nelsonville would be worst case scenarios for Ironton. However, for a programthat has not been to
regional
final in nearly 10
years and was down to basically 30
varsity football players 24 months ago, beggars can’t be choosers. it’s the ohsaa invitational
And you go where they tell ya to go.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

We are just a little spoiled I think, most towns that look like the ones down here have stadiums like we have. Everyone has a much better parking situation too. Last week I went two blocks off a 4 lane highway parked in a huge lot for free and walked 50 feet to watch Waverly vs Gallia. Last night I had my choice between 15 miles of 2 different 2 lane roads, got redirected from where my GPS sent me by one parking attendant and paid $5 to park on the street. The one positive was that through sheer dumb luck I ended up about 50 foot from the bridge that led you to the gate and the port a potties on the semi trailer.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Chillicothe will likely get this game

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

outerbanksjake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am My opinion , end of the line for Ironton, Ridgewood wins !
it’s in depth analysis like this that makes SEOPS the place for all your playoff coverage.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:08 am excellent win by the fighting tigers. but 6 fumbles and 100 yards worth of penalties won't get the job done I'm afraid with ridgewood. athletically I think we are the stronger team of the 2. but if we commit these kind of mistakes with them, we may not go any further. which would be a shame, because ironton has worked so hard this year to get to where they are. if I were coach Pendleton, I'd hand every running back and qb a football Monday morning at school. and I'd tell them that if anybody turns in this ball other than you. you have 500 grass drills.
I betcha anything the 5+ backs he utilizes had a football in their gear when they got in the locker room after last nights game!!

I do like the fact he showed some chutzpah in play calling that showed huge confidence in his Tigers early in the game.

If we clean it up, get some control on both sides of the ball...

“We’ll show up”!!!

We are: FIGHTING TIGERS!!!

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

thAGE wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:57 am Ridgewood QB >>>>Ironton QB. You’ll see.
Coal Grove game YUCK!!!!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:48 pm ^OSU/ PSU is a Noon game, so by the time this one starts at 7pm the Buckeye crowd will have cleared out. Besides Hamilton Township is on the extreme south end of town so the Buckeye crowd won't be anywhere near there.
I say just let them play at Ohio stadium after the buckeyes are done 😂😂

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Hoping Logan or Athens, plenty of good places to watch college football and get a drink before game.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

coachK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:51 am Hoping Logan or Athens, plenty of good places to watch college football and get a drink before game.
This guys got the right mind set. I love it

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Athens is almost dead center. Let's do it there.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Jackson, Athens, Logan, Portsmouth, Garaway!

IRONTON & WLR are ready to rumble.

IT doesn’t matter where. One will win and advance and rep/19!!!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:
I strongly believe OHSAA is not as concerned with travel favor to higher seed as they are quality of location...

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I don't remember Portsmouth ever hosting a playoff game. For that matter I don't remember anyone in Scioto County hosting one.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 am I don't remember Portsmouth ever hosting a playoff game. For that matter I don't remember anyone in Scioto County hosting one.
Just having fun and enjoying the conversation. Glad to still be playing, especially after all the yellow laundry and turnovers.
To convincingly win in week 12 with those miscues, is a sign they’ve got a good squad.
I love Coach #PenTon’s gutsy play calling early on too!

Tigers have a big task at hand and I believe whomever wins this region will be a hard to deny the state crown!

We have a great coach, team, community, & it’s nice to hear about the excitement back in Ironton here in Orlando.
It was awesome to listen to Carpenter get in at QB after his injury and Frosh Trevor Carter Light up the carpet with that speed.

FighTing Tigers are back and will be awesome next year too!!!

Go Big I!!!
Attachments
B07B3410-B879-45B7-BA11-7F2268AFDE86.gif
B07B3410-B879-45B7-BA11-7F2268AFDE86.gif (1.4 MiB) Viewed 2477 times

Return to “Football”