Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by MrFirstTake »

Hey that was a really good ironton defense but I will say Derek Arnold earned my respect for sure that kid ran HARD!!

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

coachK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:47 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:38 pm
I actually went to that game on Friday it was a barn burner Trimble controlled that whole game just couldn’t finish they had a drive for over 9 minutes and ran out of time at the end of the half. Trimbles qb is an athlete I can’t believe they have him playing quarterback in the offense.
I know I was shocked to see they went down so quickly in the playoffs. Now, if the team that beat them doesn't win it all I'll be stunned.
You’ll be stunned, then Anna wins D6
Heard they’re the real deal this year. Ran that conference

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:04 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:56 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm We have hosted a regional final before and we handled it just fine. It was a great atmosphere. We have had Ironton visit multiple times and they are great people, very nice folks. Many great games have been played on this field and I know this one won’t be no different. O&B and the gang will pull out all the stops to make it a great experience for both teams. I’ll be there cheering on the tigers!
I was there when ironton played them in regular season 2008 and the playoff game against Coshocton I think 2009 it was 2nd or third round we played there that year. I think it will hold everybody I always stand up anyways so the seating doesn’t bother me 😂
That 08 game was good for a half, then took a quick turn lol but standing is the way to go.
Hey that was a really good ironton defense but I will say Derek Arnold earned my respect for sure that kid ran HARD!!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:09 pm

I was there when ironton played them in regular season 2008 and the playoff game against Coshocton I think 2009 it was 2nd or third round we played there that year. I think it will hold everybody I always stand up anyways so the seating doesn’t bother me 😂
That 08 game was good for a half, then took a quick turn lol but standing is the way to go.
They were the real deal for sure. It was awesome having a school with that much tradition come to our place and play us.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:12 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:09 pm

They were the real deal for sure. It was awesome having a school with that much tradition come to our place and play us.
They should sign a home and home again I liked coming there for the games, those were the first two games I had ever watched at nelsonville

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Make sure you guys get the NY meat platter while your there.

Choice of 3 meats for 20.00

Grilled Duck, grilled buck, shrimp, meatloaf and sweet &sour chicken. It's the best stadium food ever. Wash it down with a 44 ounce soda made right from the concession. Nelsonville Myst and sun drop my personal favs. Best in the district.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Ironton better ground and pound all game. Milk the clock. Max play clock on every play. Control the momentum of the game and keeps ridgewood offense off the field. I'd they dont they won't keep up.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Ridgewood QB soph District POY on O
Ridgewood DE jr District POY

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My pick

Ironton 21
Ridgewood 14

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ball control will be big

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:25 pm Make sure you guys get the NY meat platter while your there.

Choice of 3 meats for 20.00

Grilled Duck, grilled buck, shrimp, meatloaf and sweet &sour chicken. It's the best stadium food ever. Wash it down with a 44 ounce soda made right from the concession. Nelsonville Myst and sun drop my personal favs. Best in the district.
:lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton will have to play mistake free and keep Ridgewood off the field. They can score fast. I think ironton is bigger on defense. I can’t pick a winner yet. I want ironton but they have there work cut out. Ridgewood is junior heavy and will be better or just as good next year. Have to get to there qb and lay some hits on him.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm We have hosted a regional final before and we handled it just fine. It was a great atmosphere. We have had Ironton visit multiple times and they are great people, very nice folks. Many great games have been played on this field and I know this one won’t be no different. O&B and the gang will pull out all the stops to make it a great experience for both teams. I’ll be there cheering on the tigers!
Ironton played at NY back to back weeks in 2009

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

coachK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:09 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:56 pm From this to that. Big difference in the two stadiums. One is one of the nicest high school football stadiums in the state with more than adequate parking and more importantly, seating. Host that are excellent and NO track between the fans and the field.

The other.......70 miles of windy curvy road in rut season to reach it..
I’m sure the game will be on radio, stay home and listen.
Some people are older and not able to stand due to health reasons, joint replacements and such but want to see their grandchildren play. For a regional final there is no excuse to not have adequate seating. If bleachers are brought in, and there's enough seats for EVERYONE without having to get there 2 hours before game time then I'm sure it will be fine. Nobody should have to stand that pays for parking and $9 bucks for a ticket. It's utterly ridiculous for anyone to even entertain the notion that having to stand after paying that much is ok.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I didn’t say it was ok. Just saying I always stand that’s all

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

I have never been to NY’s stadium but I heard it’s always a great venue. Can’t wait to see it for myself. This is going to be one heck of a football game. I’ll be interested to see how well Ridgewood responds to the physical nature that is the Ironton Tigers. Looks like I better get there early to get a seat because it looks like we’re gonna have both sides packed and standing room only along the side. Can’t wait. Go wood!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Is No. 9 for Ridgewood going to be able to play? He took a pretty big shot last night in the first half and never returned.

If Ironton can get to the QB and keep him from having time finding the deep receivers they can win this game. He also likes to tuck it and run when nothing is there. No. 6 is a great WR. Very good at getting behind the defense.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Running clock in this game . Ironton will dominate.

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Waterboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm Running clock in this game . Ironton will dominate.
Ridgewood won’t know what hit them

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Waterboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 pm
Waterboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm Running clock in this game . Ironton will dominate.
Ridgewood won’t know what hit them
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’

Return to “Football”