Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Re: Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Post by Larry Fine »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:46 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm
swamisez wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 pm Chillicothe?
It’s too small and no parking. So I hope not
Chillicothe is not too small it would and can handle the crowd with ease Burg played there in a semi-final state game and it was awesome plenty of parking and plenty of seats and a much better central location as far as driving on a highway instead of 2 lane roads to get there. Also a lot more to do in Chillicothe a far as restaurants and stuff but no matter it's played good luck Ironton keep up what The Burg has been doing for the past 6 years
I love how you pirate fans say good luck Ironton , then get Wheelersburg a plug in.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Chillicothe is not too small it would and can handle the crowd with ease Burg played there in a semi-final state game and it was awesome plenty of parking and plenty of seats and a much better central location as far as driving on a highway instead of 2 lane roads to get there. Also a lot more to do in Chillicothe a far as restaurants and stuff but no matter it's played good luck Ironton keep up what The Burg has been doing for the past 6 years
AND, Ironton did it without a spy with a microphone up his sleeve on the opposing team's sidelines. :lol:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:55 pm

AND, Ironton did it without a spy with a microphone up his sleeve on the opposing team's sidelines. :lol:

😂👍❤️

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 pm

I love how you pirate fans say good luck Ironton , then get Wheelersburg a plug in.
Saltiest fan base all time. Hands down. Lol

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Be The Bigger Fan!

We are FighTing Tigers!

Gotigersgo (GOT)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:00 am

😂👍❤️

Ooof!!! 😂😂🤷‍♂️

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

All this past week about all you were reading on here was the fact that Nelsonville should not be hosting this game because of not having enough seating. I remember Orange and Brown and NY BUCK both trying to tell everyone that the seating would probably be adequate. I know from being there for past playoff games, that I always thought that they did a good job in hosting the games. Did there seem to be plenty of seating, I haven't really seen any comments.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:09 am

😂👍❤️

Ooof!!! 😂😂🤷‍♂️
I have to agree with you guys 100% on this one. I'm sorry but what I read that I thought, that's a back-handed comment if I've ever heard one. What an arsehole!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Congrats to Ironton. 28 is a bull in a China shop he wrecked everything. K put Wood in bad field position all game. Good luck the rest of the way.

Two big drops by wide open WRs for Wood in the first half changed the game and not being able to score at the half was huge.

Officials missed one call IMO. The late hit on 28 at the end of the game was a very bad call.

Nelsonville- York was the worst "nuetral" site venue I've been to IMO. Certain pre game music should not be played at a "nuetral" site.

Congrats to Wood on a very successful season.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:23 am All this past week about all you were reading on here was the fact that Nelsonville should not be hosting this game because of not having enough seating. I remember Orange and Brown and NY BUCK both trying to tell everyone that the seating would probably be adequate. I know from being there for past playoff games, that I always thought that they did a good job in hosting the games. Did there seem to be plenty of seating, I haven't really seen any comments.
Didn’t look really hard and just ended up standing so you probably could’ve found an empty spot here or there but it definitely wasn’t easy to find a seat. Both sides were super full.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:23 am All this past week about all you were reading on here was the fact that Nelsonville should not be hosting this game because of not having enough seating. I remember Orange and Brown and NY BUCK both trying to tell everyone that the seating would probably be adequate. I know from being there for past playoff games, that I always thought that they did a good job in hosting the games. Did there seem to be plenty of seating, I haven't really seen any comments.
The seating situation was fine. I'm sure someone will complain but the coaching staffs from both teams were very happy with how they were taken care of and honestly, that matters a lot more than anything else.
I really hope everyone who came out enjoyed the game and Boston Field. I can tell you that myself and a whole lot of people worked their butts off this week making sure everything was as good as it could be.
Great season by Ridgewood and good luck next week Tigers!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Avery Book was the player of the game IMO. The 70 yard punt downed at the 1 completely shifted Ridgewood’s momentum when they were definitely gaining it then he hits the field goal to make it a two score game, kid is a weapon.

The dropped touchdown for Ridgewood was huge in the first half and I honestly believe that Ironton is close to unbeatable in their division if they ever get a game without so many penalties. Constantly shoot the debes in the foot and put themselves in bad positions and still find their ways out of it and overcome, they’re a very good team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:28 am

😂👍❤️

Ooof!!! 😂😂🤷‍♂️
I have to agree with you guys 100% on this one. I'm sorry but what I read that I thought, that's a back-handed comment if I've ever heard one. What an arsehole!

Well of course you read it that way. Most jack holes do!! All he was saying was that Burg had been in 6 regional finals winning three of them.

SMDMFH!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Absolutely! Biggest bunch of sore losers in Southern Ohio. I guess someone in the burg is having a big glass of sour grapes this evening! :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Braves00 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:31 pm West Jeff has scored almost 600 points
Ridgewood scored 597 Points on the year.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Congrats to the Tigers. They won every phase of the game tonight, but the domination on the line of scrimmage and special teams were really the difference. Wood made some uncharacteristic mistakes and dropped some balls they should not have. That being said, this game could have gotten ugly in Irontons favor if not for all of the penalties killing drives.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Congratulations on your great season, Ridgewood. Also, GO TIGERS! KEEP ROLLING! Ridgewood is a very fine team but not the best Ironton has seen this year, in my opinion. The Ashland offensive line, linebackers, and 2 stud backs give Ashland the edge. The Tingle kid is a good QB and will only get better over the next 2 years. Ironton definitely had the best QB on the field tonight. Salyers had a great game. If Ironton can run their wishbone formation 50-60% of the time, good luck beating them. Next up, West Jefferson.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 pm Ironton wins.
I can't see ridgewood scoring more than 14 points on this Tiger defense unless the game goes into overtime. Tiger defense is too stout in my opinion. If ironton don't fumble i think they run over ridgewood and win by 14 to 21 points. If ironton fumbles, it could be a close game.

I'd say that was pretty accurate. Defense wins championships.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:44 pm Kantucky where you ar
Didn't get home till around 2 this morning. Stopped and ate in Athens and then took the long way home though Piketon.

I'm so deliriously happy to see Ironton, after a twenty year drought, win a Regional Championship!

I'm not happy with the officiating though. NO WAY that Ridgewood played that much cleaner. I would love to see the game over again. Someone said it will be on shown on Facebook? Ironton was a far better team than the scoreboard showed

Ridgewood comes out onto the field and taunts Them Fighting Tigers? odd....

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:46 am

Absolutely! Biggest bunch of sore losers in Southern Ohio. I guess someone in the burg is having a big glass of sour grapes this evening! :lol:

The fan base has done themselves no favors on this platform in 2019. We went from August and Burg fans telling us enchanting tales of being 4 and 5 deep at their skill positions and blistering team speed, to injuries are why we are struggling against quality opponents, to look were back and beating quality opponents, to Ironton is afraid of a playoff rematch, to getting mollie whopped by Ridgewood, to Ridgewood is just too much for Ironton, to watching Ridgewood get muscled by Ironton for 4 quarters and held to 14 after running up the tab on Burg the week before.

Ironton is afraid of WHO?

That fan base had more gas than the team produced heat.

Return to “Football”