Week 14 - Ironton (12-1) vs West Jefferson (12-1)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Week 14 - Ironton (12-1) vs West Jefferson (12-1)

Post by Poo Bear »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:46 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:42 pm Just curious, did Ironton have a walk through or anything today ?
Yes, they practiced this morning.

Awesome! Good luck Tigers!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:17 pm Ridgewood beating Indian valley and Garaway, being ahead from start to finish is more impressive than any wins I see WJ have beside the Mechanicsburg game which was a really close game
I agree but I think West Jefferson is just as potent as ridgewood. west Jefferson plays a different style of offense and puts up big numbers. I think the difference is ridgewood has a better defense than wJ

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:12 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:17 pm Ridgewood beating Indian valley and Garaway, being ahead from start to finish is more impressive than any wins I see WJ have beside the Mechanicsburg game which was a really close game
I agree but I think West Jefferson is just as potent as ridgewood. west Jefferson plays a different style of offense and puts up big numbers. I think the difference is ridgewood has a better defense than wJ
Exactly and if thats the case I see Ironton controlling the clock in this game. So WJ offense wont see the field as much and no way they score every drive on Irontons D. Dont see them scoring more than 21!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:31 pm
Exactly and if thats the case I see Ironton controlling the clock in this game. So WJ offense wont see the field as much and no way they score every drive on Irontons D. No way they score more than 21!
Yep Jefferson will have to take a shot or two down field to have a chance. Ironton will load the box. I think West Jefferson will pull a couple of long runs out but it probably won’t be enough.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:34 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Exactly and if thats the case I see Ironton controlling the clock in this game. So WJ offense wont see the field as much and no way they score every drive on Irontons D. No way they score more than 21!
Yep Jefferson will have to take a shot or two down field to have a chance. Ironton will load the box. I think West Jefferson will pull a couple of long runs out but it probably won’t be enough.
Curious to see how well Jones runs against Irontons D, if he can still gain lots of yards he really is the real deal.. will be quite the test

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

laser breath wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:00 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:07 am
laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 pm

They need about 8 seasons to catch up in this decade. Unless coach can whip up his transfer magic again, I seriously doubt it. Considering burg jv drummed them.
you wear jealousy well. most burg fans would be happy to see a local team get this far. I remember a couple of years ago. following burg and watching their state game. I was thrilled they won. that's how true southern ohio football fans roll. you are just making burg look bad by your posts. and that's not at all the case, it's a wonderful program, great facilities, great academics, and their overall sports programs are extremely successful. it is an honor to have a rivalry with you all. so your thoughts are on you, nobody else.
Well bait, you’re like most posters. Read and take away what you want from a post. I’ve never said anything that I hope ironton loses. I just pointed out the obvious. If that makes you uncomfortable, you should probably just scroll past my posts.
I don't know if this will make you feel any better or not laser. I wasn't just pertaining to that particular post. all of your posts nauseate me on ironton topics. just to clear that up a bit.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

laser breath wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:50 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:53 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:09 am Laser,it’s only 5 at the present time. :D
Reloading :D
Definitely going to need them. You lose a lot from this years class. It’s fun now, but turmoil will lurk from within. As Jealousy of players who’ve waited their turn sick the momma bears on the situation.

Plus this years recruiting class was good. I’ll give you that but even Calipari and Coach K strike out from time to time.
A Burg fan complaining about Ironton having players from other school districts. Imagine that.

First your recruits get embarrassed by Itown and weeks later you cry about it.

What a joke.

Ironton will be attracting many kids in jr high and up after this season. Burg has been doing it for years.

I see Itown dominating the series against Burg for a while from this season on.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 pm

Definitely going to need them. You lose a lot from this years class. It’s fun now, but turmoil will lurk from within. As Jealousy of players who’ve waited their turn sick the momma bears on the situation.

Plus this years recruiting class was good. I’ll give you that but even Calipari and Coach K strike out from time to time.
A Burg fan complaining about Ironton having players from other school districts. Imagine that.

What a joke.

Ironton will be attracting many kids in jr high and up after this season. Burg has been doing it for years.

Now, now then. Don’t get salty because minford had their best chance to beat burg for a long time and couldn’t pull it off, twice. The falcons could’ve swung some of those recruits back their way, but totally swung and missed.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Kinda like burg swung and missed in week 1 when Ironton handed their butts to them 30-6. Just be happy burg didn't face Ironton in the second round or it would have been a running clock same as Ridgewood. Only Ironton would have never taken a knee on the 1-yard line up 42-17 with 3:00 left to show mercy and burn the clock down.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

laser breath wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:51 pm

What a joke.

Now, now then. Don’t get salty because minford had their best chance to beat burg for a long time and couldn’t pull it off, twice. The falcons could’ve swung some of those recruits back their way, but totally swung and missed.
I'm not salty. You just sound like a whiny baby.

Go Tigers!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 pm ^ Kinda like burg swung and missed in week 1 when Ironton handed their butts to them 30-6. Just be happy burg didn't face Ironton in the second round or it would have been a running clock same as Ridgewood. Only Ironton would have never taken a knee on the 1-yard line up 42-17 with 3:00 left to show mercy and burn the clock down.
Down year for burg 8-4
Up year for Minford, 7-4; 2 losses to burg

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 pm

What a joke.

Go Tigers!
Typical Minford fan. Join fans with a team that can beat burg from time to time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

laser breath wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Go Tigers!
Typical Minford fan. Join fans with a team that can beat burg from time to time.
Take it somewhere else. This is about ironton vs West Jefferson

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Finally

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 pm ^ Kinda like burg swung and missed in week 1 when Ironton handed their butts to them 30-6. Just be happy burg didn't face Ironton in the second round or it would have been a running clock same as Ridgewood. Only Ironton would have never taken a knee on the 1-yard line up 42-17 with 3:00 left to show mercy and burn the clock down.
Down year for burg 8-4
Up year for Minford, 7-4; 2 losses to burg

What does that have to do with Ironton destroying the Pirates 30-6 in week 1? You don't see any other fan base on here crying about anything whatsoever that happened during the year. It's only you about what went on in week 1. LOL!

You better thank your lucky stars it didn't happen again in week 12 via a running clock. Stop trying to deflect the real issue here and that is you cannot stand that Ironton is the most dominate program in SE Ohio. I actually kinda feel sorry for ya to be still crying about what happened in week 1. lol!

Sounds like you're back in the Wambulance there bud. We're all hoping for a speedy recovery.

I suggest you take a lesson here from Patch the Pirate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SJJfLYDw3E

FYI, I'm here to support Ironton b/c they're the only team from our area still playing.

GO TIGERS GO, BEAT WJ!
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Did anyone ever locate the full games of Ridgewood/ Ironton and West Jeff/ West Liberty-Salem? Someone said mytowntv.com, but it's just the highlights.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Ridgewood dropped a couple T. D. Passes if W. J. Catches the ball they could put up points, should be a good game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

laser breath wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Go Tigers!
No I actually have more ties to Ironton than Minford.
Again you sound like a loser. And you're still a whiny baby. Even my friends from Burg that are on here laugh about you.

Back to the game- would be very surprised to see Irontons D give up more than 14 pts in this one

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

What a joke.

LOL :roll:

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

So you are saying Ironton does not have any class !

Return to “Football”