State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOMEBODY TELL I TOWN TO EDIT THIS TITLE, WE ARE 13-1.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Manwithplan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 pm
Kicker. wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm Good luck to the Fighting Tigers from this Tiger, put the rest of the state on notice by having another southern ohio team win a state title.
And I recommend if anyone is getting to the hall of fame early and isn’t watching the other games to take a tour of the hall of fame. Very beautiful place filled with tons of history and little nuggets, great place spent a good 3/4 hours in when I went there
You mean, the Steeler HOF?😉
I'LL SAY IT AGAIN PLAN, YOU HAIN'T RIGHT MAN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm that I have no idea about. possibly all assigned seating. I have been to massilon, but it's been many years. I've never been to one at canton, ohio. so I just can't remember.

Bait my man. If you have ever been to the Pro Football Hall of Fame through your snake skin boot days. my friend it has changed quite a bit. They took the old school and spun it through a modern day blender. Looks great and they claim to have claimed to put Disney into football. And they are accomplishing that. One of the funnier moments in my days of being around high school football. My ol man and coaching staff was selected to coach in The Ohio North-South All-Star Classic. I was standing on the sidelines watching pre-game and my dad and another coach was working with the DBs/S. QB/RB/WR were warming up around midfield. Joey Conrad from Logan threw an absolute fast ball on a deep out (remember watching it unfold like it just happened) and Conrad sailed it. But the time my dads attention was caught by all the screaming of the incoming A-Bomb and he turned Bait and the football hit him square on the end of the nose. Blood flew. Glasses broke. And I’ll have to admit. I couldn’t catch my breath from LMAO I don’t think We will ever see it steady in The Shoe due to to OSU not wanting it. They could have it if they want. But they don’t want. And with this new Disney theme hall of fame (it is quite nice with more to come ) that we won’t see the state championships other than there for awhile. It’s “always been there” mentality and not sure how to rotate it fairly keeps it where it’s always been. IMO.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:14 pm SOMEBODY TELL I TOWN TO EDIT THIS TITLE, WE ARE 13-1.
😂😂😂

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That's quite a story there, county. That reminds me of the story they told were Craig Krenzel sailed one in pregame and hit the senator in the head when he was doing an interview during the Miami Championship game. Ol Tress said he was seeing stars the rest of the game. :o

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm That's quite a story there, county. That reminds me of the story they told were Craig Krenzel sailed one in pregame and hit the senator in the head when he was doing an interview during the Miami Championship game. Ol Tress said he was seeing stars the rest of the game. :o
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm Good luck to the Fighting Tigers from this Tiger, put the rest of the state on notice by having another southern ohio team win a state title.
And I recommend if anyone is getting to the hall of fame early and isn’t watching the other games to take a tour of the hall of fame. Very beautiful place filled with tons of history and little nuggets, great place spent a good 3/4 hours in when I went there
Indeed it is! Lol, very fitting as I am a Pittsburgh fan however as a football fan in general it is a spectacular place

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by greygoose »

Good luck to ironton going to be tough.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Over on Yappi the Kirtland fans are giving Ironton nothing but respect. Reports are saying this is going to be an old school Ironman game that should be televised in black n white with old NFL Green Bay Vs . Dallas music. Old school Ironman football, As in the hardest hitting game of all the state Championship games.

Two coaches that still believe in powerlifting and running the football down your throat, and not this fancy pants spread crap. It’ll probably be over in 2-hrs as a 14-10 game but it’s gonna be worth the trip!!

Go Tigers Go and Get it and come home with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0XChUkWgU
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

The tickets for the single games are $15 or $17.
Ironton is the home team.
$15 is general admit.
$17 is premium cushioned.
From OHSAA site about CHAMPIONSHIPS:
State Finals Schedule
All Games at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, Canton
Home team listed FIRST. Pairings shown with record and final rank.

Division II State Championship: No. 1 Massillon Washington (14-0) vs. No. 6 Cincinnati La Salle (12-2) is Thursday, Dec. 5, 7:00 PM

Division VI State Championship: No. 1 Anna (13-1) vs. No. 2 New Middletown Springfield (14-0) is Friday, Dec. 6, 10:00 AM

Division III State Championship: No. 9 Mansfield Senior (13-1) vs. No. 7 Trotwood-Madison (11-3) is Friday, Dec. 6, 3:00 PM

Division I State Championship: No 9 Cincinnati Elder (12-2) vs. No. 3 Pickerington Central (13-1) is Friday, Dec. 6, 8:00 PM

Division VII State Championship: No. 7 Lucas (12-2) vs. No. 1 Maria Stein Marion Local (12-2) is Saturday, Dec. 7, 10:00 AM

Division IV State Championship: No. 4 Newark Licking Valley (14-0) vs. (not ranked) Clyde (10-4) is Saturday, Dec. 7, 3:00 PM

Division V State Championship: No. 5 Ironton (13-1) vs. No. 1 Kirtland (14-0) is Saturday, Dec. 7, 8:00 PM

SpeedKillz

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirkland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by SpeedKillz »

The Regulator wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:09 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 pm
Dandy Don wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 am

Burg people trying to insert themselves into this Ironton discussion is priceless.
The transition to irrelevance is difficult sometimes.
Some Burg fans are like that annoying kid in grade school when you got back from Christmas break. No matter what anyone else got for Christmas what he got was bigger, better and cost more. SMH

Spot on!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yeah, county I been there but it has probably been 18/19 years ago. we did a weekend trip one time with the kids, and we did seaworld, cedar point, and the hall. I loved it. I'd love to go see it again one day.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:14 pm SOMEBODY TELL I TOWN TO EDIT THIS TITLE, WE ARE 13-1.

How does the post above have Irontons record at 13-1 but this post has 14-0

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:15 pm
I'LL SAY IT AGAIN PLAN, YOU HAIN'T RIGHT MAN.
😂😂

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am

How does the post above have Irontons record at 13-1 but this post has 14-0
the author must have forgotten the game we lost in ot to Ashland and has since corrected it county.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This is Ironton's 9th appearance in the state championship game.......to put this in perspective, that is as many appearances as these SE district schools combined: Athens (1), Wheelersburg (2), Portsmouth West (1), Sheridan (1), Nelsonville-York (1), Washington CH (1), and Trimble (2).

I don't know enough of Kirtland other than they have won multiple state titles in the past decade, but I would be surprised if Ironton's defense doesn't hold up well against them. Although IHS has outscored its opponents by a big margin this year, the defense has simply overwhelmed everybody on their schedule. Even Ashland, the only team to beat Ironton, had to go to OT to score 16 points.

Ironton has appeared in at least 1 state title game in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and now in 2019. 4 of the last 5 decades. I would say that 80% figure is a mark of a consistently great program. I just wonder how many schools in the state can make that claim over that period of time. I'm sure there are some, but not too many. Surprisingly, St.Xavier, St.Ignatius, and Steubenville did not make any state championship game appearances in the 70's.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Kirtland's strength is running the ball. Ironton's strength is stopping the run.

I think Ironton is too physical and nasty on defense and will not break. I think those 2 and 3 yard runs by Carrico and Fossom will turn into 6 and 8 yard runs in the second half. Kirtland will get tired of getting smacked.

Make no mistake about it- this will be the most physical of all the state final games in Ohio. If you like good ole fashioned smash mouth football, this one will be a treat.

If Ironton doesnt have the turnover bug-

Ironton 31 Kirtland 20

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtlands two RB’s are #1 first Team all Ohio and #28 is 3rd Team all Ohio, not to shabby.

I don’t believe they’ve faced a Defense quite like Irontons this year though, definitely going to be a great game to watch.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Congratulations to all the Ironton players making all Ohio selections .. Reid defensive player of the year is a great honor .. Seth first team all state , Gage and Avery second team all state , junior 3rd team , Noah and Cameron honorable mention .

Tigeralum71
Waterboy

Post by Tigeralum71 »

Reading thru the News-Herald near Kirtland. they show some respect but have confidence in playing well and keeping their streak alive.

Extract from article: "As the Hornets celebrated their state semifinal on Nov. 30 at Strongsville, they turned their attention to the state championship game and the history before them.

"We've conditioned through all these weeks," Gardner said. "We know what it's like to be here, and we just get excited. We wanted to get to Week 15 and hopefully win it all."

Go Tigers! TigerTown Strong!!

Return to “Football”