State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Congrats to ironton. To hold Kirtland to 17 is pretty impressive and Runner up is nothing to be ashamed of, No turnovers or fumbles during the game. Carrico played like a division 1 athlete tonight and you Still have another year with him. A lot of juniors on that team. Great job.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bad Snap wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 pm If we can get 4 more starting transfers. We will be back in canton next year!!!!!
Are you kidding? Just enjoy the moment of this great season!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:17 pm
BrownsFan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:03 pm Ironton is being outplayed and out coached
Go away duesch bag
I agree poo!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:31 pm
sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:22 pm Median household income in Ironton = $34307. Kirtland = $77530. Rich yuppies with off season trainers vs working class scrappers with a cobbled together weight room. Show them you’re the FIGHTING Tigers.
Of course, because those who make more money don't have to work hard for it. It's just given to them like football state championships.
Oh come on u guys have to be shitting me
It’s all true madd dogg they will think of anything to bitch about or put the blame game on!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:58 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:52 pm Just announced 4K in attendance
That’s a shock. I figured it would have been a lot higher
Too far away 4 hrs with gas, food and ticket prices. Bring it to Columbus and it’s higher!! 2 hrs better than 4. Kirkland hour away.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:56 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:44 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:41 am

That's pretty fair in my opinion. It looks like Kirtland likes to throw around 3 to 5 tiimes a game, ideally. It will be interesting to see if they have to alter their approach a bit because, I gotta be honest, I do not believe they are more physical, and I do not believe they are faster, and I do not see any depth advantage for Kirtland, and I do believe Ironton enjoys the advantage of size, power and experience. Special teams, I am checking the box for Ironton as well. I think the early framers of this contest had this whole narrative backwards. I think Ironton outmuscles Kirtland.
Dang, should Kirtland even show up?? I'm sure they've never seen anything like this before, when they were playing Coldwater, Minster, multiple times against Marie Stein Local all of these perennial powerhouse programs from the MAC. I'm sure in most cases the boxes aren't checked for them but somehow they manage to just get it done there's a reason for that and it goes beyond fans looking at a checkmark in a box saying this team or that team has the advantage on paper. Paper advantages never won a game. They will not change their approach, you're not naïve enough to believe Ironton is the only team they've faced where others felt they were at a disadvantage?? Against Marie Stein Local they ran it 63 times for 303 for a title last year and Marie Stein is the Apex opponent for any teams title run within that division, it runs through Marie Stein. Each one of your post basically have Ironton running away with it because of a paper advantage, I hope this is the case but this is going to be a knock down drag out game from start to finish and hopefully Ironton can pull out the win where it counts, on the field.
Good job overgeneralizing and then creating a completely unrelated narrative by trying to sell that what is my comment outlined or implied. I've always kinda suspected that you small town boys were a little slower. Ya didn't dissapoint. Lol

At any rate, is this thread about the game sat night or is it about a game from previous seasons? Why did ya not use a present example? Seems like it would be more applicable for a real counter argument but instead, you're reaching.

It is either THAT or you are slow. 🤷‍♂️😂
You were saying??? Guess Kirtland didn't get your checkbox paper, maybe. 41 yards rushing for ironton. Great season for this team and congrats on getting to state. Some of the fans and posters just need to be more realistic or knowledgeable before talking about running away with a state title game against a team of Kirtlands caliber. Keep that paper though as it'll make you pump the breaks next time you go reaching like you did. Didn't disappoint though I mean you did start the post complaining about officials. Lol. S...l...o...w.... :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to this ironton team, look forward to seeing Carrico develops more as a player and attend these camps. Congrats to Pendleton in his 2nd year getting to state title game. Just a tough tough opponent.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Just made it home and my thought are Ironton had their chances to make this a closer game. Some balls didn't bounce their way in the first half and they didn't capitalize either. Second half, I thought they played better but, they were behind in a game with a fast moving clock. Kirtland won the battle of the trenches, thus controlled the game and won.

You could really tell that the Kirtand kids have been in a powerlifting strength program since they've been in Jr. High. They said their gym is open for weight training 6-days a week even in the offseason. Sunday's it called the "Church of Iron!' Their kids take it seriously and challenge each other. You could tell this b/c they were manhandling Ironton's lines even though they were smaller on paper. Carrio really never had a chance to break free.

Ironton has had this type of weight training going on for 2-years under Pendleton. Ironton will eventually get there, but Kirtland is there now and has been for years. Any team that wants to go far in Nov/ Dec should practice powerlifting starting in grade 7 and advancing through 12. As the saying goes, "The harder you work, the luckier you'll get!"

Great season Ironton! Keep up the hard work!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

You crack me up Vladimir! Your team couldn't beat the burg that you love so dearly in 2 tries his n a season so you just no on the Ironton train!😂😂

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:42 am You crack me up Vladimir! Your team couldn't beat the burg that you love so dearly in 2 tries his n a season so you just no on the Ironton train!😂😂
To answer your halfwitted post " 2 tries his n a season so you just no on the Ironton train!" :lol: :lol: WTF?!?!?

I really don't have a "Team" per say. Just a fan of Southern Ohio High School football and enjoy watching local kids play for championships. Congrats to Ironton on the 2019 Region 19 Championship.

And, why not Ironton, they're the best in Southeast Ohio hands down, and have a local guy as their HC?!
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

This a long trip home. Anyone else go 77 to Marietta and then 70 to columbus.. 23 south last

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Great job ironton, and congrats on a great season! You made southern ohio proud! i believe that was a season low for Kirtland offensively, and the closest game they've had all season.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

mattash wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:56 am This a long trip home. Anyone else go 77 to Marietta and then 70 to columbus.. 23 south last
I take 77 to Parkersburg, then 50 to Athens, and finally 32 last through Jackson and back into Scioto county.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Half-witted!? You douche bags that aren't even from Ironton get on here and run your mouth because your team couldn't beat the burg in your 2 tries you had this season. If Ironton can get a "few" more one and done's in next year it may happen again. 🙄

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

FYI, I haven't lived in Minford for almost 30-years, but I follow them b/c I went to school there. I know it may blow your small little mind but people usually branch out from their alma mater and go elsewhere. There isn't a rule that you can only be a fan of one team. It's probably the case for you b/c you hardly ever get outta the burg, and I doubt you even played the game, did you? The only thing your lard arse ever beat was your meat. :lol:

FYI, I have plenty of family and ties to the Ironton community, much more than Minford or even in Scioto county. Right now, Ironton is the premier football program in SE Ohio and, they will stay that way as long as they can keep Pendleton around.

GO TIGERS!

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Yeah, I played the game at the burg and am going to guess you either played or you brought the boys the water. I guarantee you I made a better mark on my school than your football playing a** but should have been a trainer did. That's why you chase the Ironton threads because you have nothing in the minford threads to back your side line mouth up with.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

And, You're still there living the glory days there in the burg, lol! I bet you're the guy who still where's his letterman jacket 20-yrs after you graduated, and that HS class ring still looks nice on you, huh? This says it all, " I guarantee you I made a better mark on my school than your football playing a** " :lol: That's HILARIOUS!!!

If you think for a second I believe you actually played the game, then I guess you'll sell me the Greenup Bridge, huh? Way to branch out in your life there buddy. :lol:

Go IRONTON TIGERS the premier football program in SE Ohio!!

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:50 am Go IRONTON TIGERS the premier football program in SE Ohio!!
Congratulations to the Tri-State Tigers on a great season. Please understand that this wasn't an Ironton team. The impact players were all kids from outside of Ironton.

I would be careful self-anointing yourselves as the premier program in SE Ohio. When you have kids from Rock Hill, Wheelersburg, Raceland, Ashland, Coal Grove, Hilliard, and other schools as well...you should be very good. To be the premier program, you have to win consistently over a span of years...and at some point with the majority of players actually being from Ironton.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Don't forget Portsmouth West. Prolly a couple more of those coming.

512Bucki
Waterboy

Post by 512Bucki »

Only 4K in attendance from Ironton is embarrassing if that’s true.

Return to “Football”