Browning —- HB/CB
Crabtree —— HB/LB/DE
Crawford —— HB/LB/DE
White ———— C/DT
Boggs ————- T/DT
McCall ———- T/DT
Cochran ——- T/DT
Cecil ————- T/DT

York QB/S and Carpenter TE/LB will be back from injuries suffered early in the season.

Look for Carter RB/S to step in along with Carpenter QB/LB both will be Sophomores.

The Fighting Tigers rotated a lot of Lineman this year, a lot of Sophomores played.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:22 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 am There will be a lot of changes for these 2 teams, you guys can argue about who has more to replace. Me I'll wait till about June or July and see what each team has going out there. For ironton you just don't replace multiple state honored players at a DV school in southern ohio and expect to be just great if not better than this year. Look no further than burg in what all they had to replace from last year. Good luck guys, hit the weight room as Kirtland is already in there today preparing for another state title run.
I would think that Kirtland also has a really good wrestling program to go along with a really good weight program? It seems as though good wrestling programs are just as beneficial as weights for a lot of these northern schools.

Wrestling. Love what it does for football players. Licking Valleys DT that was a wrestler wrecked havoc all day yesterday in their state championship game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I know Waverly has started a wrestling program and Jackson's had it for years. Why don't the Lawrence Co/ Scioto Co schools offer this? Insurance reasons?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:05 pm I know Waverly has started a wrestling program and Jackson's had it for years. Why don't the Lawrence Co/ Scioto Co schools offer this? Insurance reasons?
As many holding penalties that were called on Ironton this year, they'd appear naturals :D

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton by a lot

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:52 pm Returning Starters - off the top of my head

Carrico —- RB/LB
Deere ——- RB/LB
Howell —— WR/S
Duncan —— HB/LB/DE
Hacker ——- WR/S
Browning —- HB/CB
Crabtree —— HB/LB/DE
Crawford —— HB/LB/DE
White ———— C/DT
Boggs ————- T/DT
McCall ———- T/DT
Cochran ——- T/DT
Cecil ————- T/DT

York QB/S and Carpenter TE/LB will be back from injuries suffered early in the season.

Look for Carter RB/S to step in along with Carpenter QB/LB both will be Sophomores.

The Fighting Tigers rotated a lot of Lineman this year, a lot of Sophomores played.

Go Fighting Tigers.....
A couple of your returning starters never started but could be contributors next year.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:26 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:52 pm Returning Starters - off the top of my head

Carrico —- RB/LB
Deere ——- RB/LB
Howell —— WR/S
Duncan —— HB/LB/DE
Hacker ——- WR/S
Browning —- HB/CB
Crabtree —— HB/LB/DE
Crawford —— HB/LB/DE
White ———— C/DT
Boggs ————- T/DT
McCall ———- T/DT
Cochran ——- T/DT
Cecil ————- T/DT

Go Fighting Tigers.....
A couple of your returning starters never started but could be contributors next year.
You should never let the facts get in the way

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tuck, I almost started this topic last week. but I didn't want to jinx the fighting tigers. I figured the majority of burg posters that are haters would have somewhere to play. it's obvious who the burg posters are that were actually rooting for the fighting tigers and fans from other outlying areas. I know a couple of years ago I was rooting for the burg against I can't remember eastwood I think. I watched that game cheering them on, in earnest. I could have been like I don't want another southern team having 2 state title but ironton. but that is not at all where my heart was. if I tell you I'm pulling for you. you can count on it to be earnest and sincere.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:47 am Well I guess it depends on how many one and done's your west side coach brings in. Lol
why don't you go play in the traffic.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Couldn't wait to get the s**t stirred up, huh kantucky?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

frankie wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:05 pm Couldn't wait to get the s**t stirred up, huh kantucky?
:D :D :D I'm incorrigible :D :D :D

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:05 pm I know Waverly has started a wrestling program and Jackson's had it for years. Why don't the Lawrence Co/ Scioto Co schools offer this? Insurance reasons?
I think it’s a money issue

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

I keep hearing Burg fans talk about recruiting, but it's open enrollment. All the kids that border Burg, East, Green, Minford can easily chose Burg. New Boston doesn't even have a football team. Those kids are going to chose what is popular. In that area its Burg. In Ironton its Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Ashland. When Ironton was down they had kids transfer to Burg and Ashland. It happens. If Burg lost its coach and had a few bad seasons then they might lose their transfer rate too. Lets be honest winning keeps fans and fans are parents. Parents have to make the decisions to transfer. These are under age kids. Making this sound like cheating is ridiculous. This isn't the same as Hartley taking kids from one area to another. Ironton and Wheelersburg are not private schools.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

I feel like it's way tooo early for this. It's gonna get ugly pretty quick. 😂😂

Maybe the powers that be will call a loose game and let em play. 😉🍿

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:21 am I keep hearing Burg fans talk about recruiting, but it's open enrollment. All the kids that border Burg, East, Green, Minford can easily chose Burg. New Boston doesn't even have a football team. Those kids are going to chose what is popular. In that area its Burg. In Ironton its Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Ashland. When Ironton was down they had kids transfer to Burg and Ashland. It happens. If Burg lost its coach and had a few bad seasons then they might lose their transfer rate too. Lets be honest winning keeps fans and fans are parents. Parents have to make the decisions to transfer. These are under age kids. Making this sound like cheating is ridiculous. This isn't the same as Hartley taking kids from one area to another. Ironton and Wheelersburg are not private schools.

The recruiting thing is just a Burg reach. Right now we are all having to experience a very wounded bird. The Burg fan base is going through a bit of a lifestyle adjustment. It's hard going from august super team to being reminded about where you sit in the pecking order of ya own back yard. Anything to avoid talking about the product not living up to the pitch.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Burgs worse nightmare Ironton is back !!! The team this year along with the new coaches have pumped life back into this program, yes they have a to replace a lot but 40 plus kids who just part of a state runner up team who watched this senior group work and knows what it takes , if no new faces show up they will be fine but we all know with that kind of season and the type of coaches that are at Ironton there will be some show up

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

The Regulator wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am Burg lost too much to compete with Ironton. Only thing that's going to help Wheelersburg next year is the fact that every team in the SOC is down. Don't see Wheelersburg beating Ironton, Ashland, Jackson or Chillicothe if that's who replaces Hartley.
Aye, don't worry. You all said the same thing last year about Burg. Too bad Burg isn't gonna have another "Down" year next year. Forgot to mention, Mission 15 failed if you guys didn't know. Pendleton back to West, Carrico to Spring Valley

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

not likely my friend. coach Pendleton is happy right where he is. and he's not only the coach, he is ironton's ad. and no way carrico goes to spring valley for pete's sake. he is loved/adored by tiger fans and southern ohio. he still has a senior season to go, and he loves being a fighting tiger. he's already signed to play at ohio state. why in the sam hill would he transfer to spring valley. he has the senior season to not worry about recruiting, and just concentrate on being a beast. that don't make a bit of sense to me. why can't we just let this program live harmoniously right now. and enjoy and reflect in their accomplishments. I find it hard to believe a burg fan is talking about failed missions. why stir crap up because it's the off season and there is less to talk about. and look at it this way, the burg got an early jump on basketball season this year. don't likeit, don't rock the boat. ironton has been to 9/10 state title games. they know what they are doing. sometimes you win em. sometimes you don't. but think of the hundreds if not thousands of schools that didn't get there. only 2 teams played Saturday night, and our teams was in it. if ya got something crappy to say, say it on facebook,where there is a name involved. see how that flies with fighting tiger fans.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 am
The Regulator wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am Burg lost too much to compete with Ironton. Only thing that's going to help Wheelersburg next year is the fact that every team in the SOC is down. Don't see Wheelersburg beating Ironton, Ashland, Jackson or Chillicothe if that's who replaces Hartley.
Aye, don't worry. You all said the same thing last year about Burg. Too bad Burg isn't gonna have another "Down" year next year. Forgot to mention, Mission 15 failed if you guys didn't know. Pendleton back to West, Carrico to Spring Valley

Only a jealous burg fan would or could make this stuff up ,
you think mission 15 failed shows a lot about yourself

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:17 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 am

Only a jealous burg fan would or could make this stuff up ,
you think mission 15 failed shows a lot about yourself
So mission 15 was successful?

Return to “Football”