No fans this fall

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

No fans this fall

Post by Thatdad »

This is a realism. I really don’t care as long as the kids get the opportunity to play their games. Volleyball, football, golf and Cross Country.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: No fans this fall

Post by greygoose »

Thatdad wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 am This is a realism. I really don’t care as long as the kids get the opportunity to play their games. Volleyball, football, golf and Cross Country.
You're not going to see a game with NO fans, but high probability of seeing games with minimal or a set number of fans aloud in stadiums. Look for an increase in schools setting things up to live stream games

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Look around out there. How could no fans really even be justified at this point? It's time to go back normal with some precautions..

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

According to my sources the plan is 25-40 % capacity. Also schools can let fans sit around the stadium with proper social distancing.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

It’s the 1st of June and we’re speculating on whats going to happen 3 months from now. Kids are working out together on campus now with guidelines. Re-evaluation and new guidelines coming every two weeks. With the different phases set in place for summer workouts, it’s possible that whole teams are allowed together indoors by mid July with 3 foot distancing and by august 1st back to normal with gear and contact. If that happens, I cannot see that football doesn’t happen like it always has, with fans. How can they allow the kids to have full contact in August and full contact in games but have guidelines for the amount of fans for safe distancing? So were saying us fans are more important than the kids? Makes no sense

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's get through summer workouts and then figure out the rest.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

If fans wore masks to games, full capacity for a high school game, it would not be an issue.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

Maybe all of you need to talk to Snodgrass. Because they’re thinking totally different thoughts than the ones that your sharing. This is a man that’s getting input from Lord Dewine and Lady Acton. The stipulations that coaches have to go through are cheesy. I hope you all are correct.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:58 am Let's get through summer workouts and then figure out the rest.
Makes a lot more sense than some of the things that I've seen posted.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

I am hoping that things do get straightened out enough that this won't be an issue come start of season. If not, I will stand outside the fence or in the parking lot if neccessary. I've seen too many kids hurt over the years and no parents at the game, that there will be at least 1 parent for my son, just in case.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:00 am If fans wore masks to games, full capacity for a high school game, it would not be an issue.
Have you mastered eating a hotdog with a mask on yet? I know you were working on that. :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Rvfan wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:44 pm I am hoping that things do get straightened out enough that this won't be an issue come start of season. If not, I will stand outside the fence or in the parking lot if neccessary. I've seen too many kids hurt over the years and no parents at the game, that there will be at least 1 parent for my son, just in case.
Portable bleachers spread out might help. I am betting tickets will be pre-sale only.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

They might do students and family only

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

There will be fall sports.
There will be fans in the stands.
Maybe somewhat limited, but there will be fans.
They screwed the kids in the spring.
They are not going to do it again.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

25th Street NW wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:38 pm There will be fall sports.
You are exactly right..things changing daily..by the time football gets here it will be like this never even happened

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 am
You are exactly right..things changing daily..by the time football gets here it will be like this never even happened
We all hope so.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Here we go again. Be careful, you'll incite the mask wearers and be bludgeoned with their comments. :lol:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Texas has already announced that they will begin to let fans into outdoor events at 25% capacity as of right now, I look for other states to follow. If there is no vaccine by the time the season comes, I'm sure thereally will be social distancing involved somehow to make sure schools are able to make money at gates.

It's like this no money equals no funding for programs which equals schools dropping sports. The ohsaa will not allow that to happen because then they lose money.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Tartanblue wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:25 am Texas has already announced that they will begin to let fans into outdoor events at 25% capacity as of right now, I look for other states to follow. If there is no vaccine by the time the season comes, I'm sure thereally will be social distancing involved somehow to make sure schools are able to make money at gates.

It's like this no money equals no funding for programs which equals schools dropping sports. The ohsaa will not allow that to happen because then they lose money.
Exactly Football and Basketball only sports that make profit.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I would think about half of the schools Football does not make profit. You have to remember the expense that is put into a football program. They also only play five home games. Now, I agree with Basketball. Less expensive.

Return to “Football”