Acceptable Sacrifices To See The 2020 Season Take Place?

kantucky
Varsity

Acceptable Sacrifices To See The 2020 Season Take Place?

Post by kantucky »

As we are approaching close to a 1/4 million new Covid-19 positive test in July alone (and I'm not wanting to get some battle going about how dangerous it is or about is it all a government conspiracy?) I ask...

What would you be willing to do to see the season go forth (assuming things keep going down hill like it is and possibly canceling it becomes a real possibility).

Would be you willing to see perhaps only immediate family members allowed in the stands, safely distanced from each other and the games be on the web live for the rest of us, at least at the start of the season?

Would you be willing to wear face mask to the games if that's a requirement?

What other reasonable solutions can you think of that might allow the season to take place and the season to start on time?

If fall isn't realistic, would you be willing to see a spring season, knowing it would conflict with a lot of other sports such as baseball and track?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Prime Time
All State

Re: Acceptable Sacrifices To See The 2020 Season Take Place?

Post by Prime Time »

1. Quarantine all players and personnel for 14 days that have been to beach’s,played all summer in leagues, wore no masks, not even tried to social distance all summer these people would need to be sidelined for 14 days. This should be a mandatory requirement for school districts to even let all these students in school buildings to make sure 100 percent no one is infected 2. Only 2-3 people from immediate family in games.a 3. Face masks or you leave 4 have a person make sure 6 ft apart once inside. 5 games should be live streamed 6 no concession stands open bring your own water and snacks 6 no public restrooms, spread very quickly in environment 7 no standing in lines at gates to get in stadium.8 no selling of programs, candy, or food by students a quick spread 9 visitors stay on buses until time to get inside stadium 10 fans from visitors should stay home( they could be coming from a hot spot)11 everyone have temp checked outside gates before entering. All of these would make me somewhat at ease knowing all here protcols were enforced No spring ball period, if this fall it doesnt work, then that season is a wash , move forward, lost season just like last spring. Everyone say 80 percent of people right now acting like nothing is wrong it’s all a conspiracy how do you even think a season could go forward with mind sets of the general public now , let alone come August and the numbers sky rocketing at moment.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Plain and simple, it’s not worth the RISKS to have fall sports this year. My opinion on this.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:31 am Plain and simple, it’s not worth the RISKS to have fall sports this year. My opinion on this.
If there's school then there's sports. Same risk and more are taken with school in place as they see more kids. Ppl say well a blended schedule, so what, if you're bringing them together for only 2 days a week they're still being brought together it doesn't lower the risk. That's like saying I went to the beach but was only on the beach for 3 of the 7 days I was there the other days we tried to stay in.
1. All fans and workers have mask on
2. Sanitizing stations in place
3. Limited to immediate family, then presale tickets only at a certain seating %
4. No bands
5. All locker rooms sanitized before and after game
6. Every 3rd row crossed off for social distancing alternate between sections.
7. Players spread out on sideline

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

All of the acceptable sacrifices to have seen the season would’ve been done in April, May, June and still today: wear a mask, cut down on the trips to non-essential businesses and give some space between you and the next guy. Consider axing that vacation to Florida or SC, too. Not entirely sure how much of that is specific to Ohioans or just the rest of the US, but there’s still way too many Americans letting their guard down and in the process the coronavirus has been more present and a threat to our country than it was in the infancy of this pandemic.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 am
Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:31 am Plain and simple, it’s not worth the RISKS to have fall sports this year. My opinion on this.
If there's school then there's sports. Same risk and more are taken with school in place as they see more kids. Ppl say well a blended schedule, so what, if you're bringing them together for only 2 days a week they're still being brought together it doesn't lower the risk. That's like saying I went to the beach but was only on the beach for 3 of the 7 days I was there the other days we tried to stay in.
3. Limited to immediate family, then presale tickets only at a certain seating %
4. No bands
Just curious why the football players would be entitled to do the thing they love more than say the band or cheerleaders would be to do theirs?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:54 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 am
4. No bands
Just curious why the football players would be entitled to do the thing they love more than say the band or cheerleaders would be to do theirs?
Simply cutting down on the numbers in the stadium, bands still have their own competitions they can go compete in so seemed pretty logical. Players have no other outlet for competition the same cant be said for bands. The question was what would you be willing to sacrifice.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

That’s my point I agree with you. Everyone is at risk here, everyone has to be thought of here not just football . That’s why the risks is just to high now. But no they should be allowed to cheer and play music, if football there should be everyone. But can you social distance and wear masks and will someone make sure once inside the gates that these protcols are followed. How will 30-50 some football players social distance on side lines, same with band will they just march in and then march out of stadium. Will cheerleaders be away from players and fans. Where will they stand and cheer following protcols, it’s a mess and the school districts has to make and take these risks, yes or no ,it will be on them. Remember the entire student body and community’s are involved in this not just 30-60 players. 10-15 cheerleaders. 20-50 band members here . Can chain gang members be social distanced from players and coach’s.Will school personnel be social distanced from each other or all hang together like I’ve seen before at games

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Why would you social distance anyone in the stadium when the players on the field aren't socially distanced?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Bingo. Good question

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:12 pm That’s my point I agree with you. Everyone is at risk here, everyone has to be thought of here not just football . That’s why the risks is just to high now. But no they should be allowed to cheer and play music, if football there should be everyone. But can you social distance and wear masks and will someone make sure once inside the gates that these protcols are followed. How will 30-50 some football players social distance on side lines, same with band will they just march in and then march out of stadium. Will cheerleaders be away from players and fans. Where will they stand and cheer following protcols, it’s a mess and the school districts has to make and take these risks, yes or no ,it will be on them. Remember the entire student body and community’s are involved in this not just 30-60 players. 10-15 cheerleaders. 20-50 band members here . Can chain gang members be social distanced from players and coach’s.Will school personnel be social distanced from each other or all hang together like I’ve seen before at games
Problem you're running into that you simply aren't saying or realizing. Is that there's no 100% plan that can be put into place, I'll save you all the questions you keep repeating. If there was a 100% fail proof plan then the entire world would've already instituted that plan. Is there ways to stop this or that yeah, but to find the perfect plan for all while allowing each to happen, nope.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BBALL99 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:18 pm Why would you social distance anyone in the stadium when the players on the field aren't socially distanced?
That's pretty simple really, unlike most of these vacation spots and America. There are still ppl doing their part to try to remain vigilant even when most aren't. As they've said you can't enforce social distancing but it can be requested. Some ppl will go and they will social distance.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm Bingo. Good question
Not really

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Believe me, I want sports as much as the next guy.

I guess you missed the point. If they are going to let all of these fall athletes have contact with each other, why cant the fans be in contact with each other. Hopefully, the fans aren't tackling each other in the stands.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BBALL99 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:38 pm Believe me, I want sports as much as the next guy.

I guess you missed the point. If they are going to let all of these fall athletes have contact with each other, why cant the fans be in contact with each other. Hopefully, the fans aren't tackling each other in the stands.
Because like I said not all ppl are disregarding social distancing. It's the same reason why so many places are only aloud a certain % of ppl in areas. I mean if restaurants are open why can't a movie theatre?? If baseball says no fans but has players why aren't they having fans?? Bottom line is this, like it or not fans aren't essential to the game. I have family going into their senior season and I acknowledge I might not get to see a game. As long as they can play that's just fine by me though, the games are for them and this is their time, myself as a fan I don't feel I need to be catered to. However if I'm able to go in, I want the proper social distancing if possible, just because the players can't social distance I don't see why that would be a no social distance pass for everyone else. It's tough times and we all hope for the best and at the same time when we can take the proper precautions we should be doing that.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

If they can stream it, I think the adults should be fine. Kids should come first. I hope they can play. Seniors should be able to walk on senior night with family. Temperatures should be taken by medical professionals before the game.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Close concession stands and maybe let people bring coolers of water etc. not sure how that works. Have a row and block the next 2 or 3. No standing along the fence and away from players. Maybe distance if you are along a fence. Maybe dress you’re varsity team only and not everyone. I’m not sure how this will work if things are still the way it is. I absolutely love high school football and love watching Portsmouth play. And ironton may have there best team in years up the highway and they might not play. I hope this is over soon.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:26 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm Bingo. Good question
Not really
I thought it was a good question as well

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

You could potentially have a lot of forfeits this year that could play havoc with the playoffs

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:34 pm You could potentially have a lot of forfeits this year that could play havoc with the playoffs
Very true. If a kid pops up positive that’s 14 days possibly. I wonder if there planning on doing the 12 team a region this year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”