OHSAA Update July 7th

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

OHSAA Update July 7th

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

OHSAA Update July 7th

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... pdates.pdf

First, for clarity, the OHSAA Office is proceeding as if fall sports will occur, meaning practices will begin on August 1 and we will conduct our usual series of tournaments in 10 fall sports. As you all have seen during this pandemic, those plans can be modified or cancelled quickly. In working with the Governor’s Office, we are currently in the process of preparing a guidance document on the restart of interscholastic athletics. That document is in the editorial stages, so we will be sending that to you once it is approved. Further, we are planning to share a student-athlete acknowledgement/pledge document that we hope you will consider using. This educational tool will provide student-athletes with information on their responsibilities in participating during the pandemic. Earlier today, the Ohio Department of Health issued a Director’s Order providing guidance through July 15, 2020, for contact sport competitions. Competitive games and tournaments are now permitted for contact sports. During this period, practices and open gyms with another team or club and inter-club/team play are also permitted so long as all teams involved agree to comply with the requirements set forth in the Director’s Order. Lt. Governor Husted emphasized that this order is extended for a short, trial basis and that the responsibility is with all of us to continue exercising safe practices to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Here is a link to additional, short-term guidelines to help sports team continue their efforts to return to play: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/res ... Sports.pdf
Here is a link to today’s Director’s Order: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/pu ... -Sport.pdf

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: OHSAA Update July 7th

Post by Orange and Brown »

Well, their goes 7 on 7's.
Who can afford to test all your kids for one 7 on 7 let alone 3 or 4?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

As expected, it looks like a fool’s errand.

School boards are going to bury this circus.

Have gun, will travel
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Test are free.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I know 2 people that went to a party over the weekend got Covid and are already out of quarantine. They had to have 2 negative test and they did. This can only be in your system for 2-4 days sometime.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:27 pm Well, their goes 7 on 7's.
Who can afford to test all your kids for one 7 on 7 let alone 3 or 4?
Go to Walgreens

Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Ivy League just cancelled all fall sports this year including football.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Wonder if the Ivy League was told go to Walgreens! Wonder if school boards will buy up Walgreens. Wow

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Thing are gonna crash you can just see it coming like a freight train It’s sad that people will come up with stuff like I said sports is the only priority for some right now. No matter the circumstances. I better run to Walgreens before they’re sold out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 pm Thing are gonna crash you can just see it coming like a freight train It’s sad that people will come up with stuff like I said sports is the only priority for some right now. No matter the circumstances. I better run to Walgreens before they’re sold out.
They are free dude.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:59 pm
Prime Time wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 pm Thing are gonna crash you can just see it coming like a freight train It’s sad that people will come up with stuff like I said sports is the only priority for some right now. No matter the circumstances. I better run to Walgreens before they’re sold out.
They are free dude.
Ohhhh...That is easy to do...Let's take our 50+ football players to Walgreens or CVS (the closest of which is 15 minutes) and have every player tested. And we have to do that multiple times through the season? That seems like that is almost impossible.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Realist wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:43 pm
They are free dude.
Ohhhh...That is easy to do...Let's take our 50+ football players to Walgreens or CVS (the closest of which is 15 minutes) and have every player tested. And we have to do that multiple times through the season? That seems like that is almost impossible.
You don’t think gov DeWine has a plan? They got a huge marketing campaign around this.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:46 pm
Realist wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:43 pm

They are free dude.
You don’t think gov DeWine has a plan? They got a huge marketing campaign around this.
Yeah, it wasn't but 3 weeks ago or so DeWine gave the locations for those wanting to get tested and encouraged all Ohioans to get tested. There was multiple places in the big cities as well as Portsmouth where you can get tested. Guys don't need to act like the ability to get tested is something that is difficult. Maybe 4 months ago

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 pm As expected, it looks like a fool’s errand.

School boards are going to bury this circus.
Let’s GO Corona!!! Let’s GO corona!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go corona go! Go corona go!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 am
Go corona go! Go corona go!!!
He should get a shirt that says I love Rona.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Getting the test isn’t the issue, it’s getting the results. If you actually read the OHSAA order it says all kids and coaches participating in a contest have to have the results for a negative Covid test in hand and it has to have been done within 72 hours of the contest. It’s taking non-emergency cases (the majority) 5-8 days to get results. Hell, our county prosecutor has been waiting on hers for over a week.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

redskinwitness wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:35 am Getting the test isn’t the issue, it’s getting the results. If you actually read the OHSAA order it says all kids and coaches participating in a contest have to have the results for a negative Covid test in hand and it has to have been done within 72 hours of the contest. It’s taking non-emergency cases (the majority) 5-8 days to get results. Hell, our county prosecutor has been waiting on hers for over a week.
Yeah. The backlog of results will only be fueled by mandatory tests for athletes, which is going to put significant strain on the testing abilities. Not seeing sports if this is the case.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just asking, can a person walk into a hospital and ask for a test, 0r does a Doctor have to say that a test is needed ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It won't matter. I don't see football happening to be honest. The big 10 announced conference only games and several big 10 Ad's ore questing how they can even have a season. The Ivy league put falls sports off til spring. Programs have already had positive cases and have had to shut down for 2 weeks. We can keep pretending, but it's not gonna change the outcome. We may not have any sports this coming school year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”