Attachments
66223E0D-65BE-48C4-89B1-EC9C5527FABE.jpeg

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Ohio High School Coaches Fall Sports Proposal

Post by Tartanblue »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm
2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 am Those of you who think this plan is good, will you think it is good if you are one of the people who is not allowed in due to social distancing?
Schools that have a big fan base will just bring in extra bleachers if possible. Plus the standing room at the fences.
Just because your school has a big fan base does not mean they have the extra funds to bring in extra bleachers. Especially with the extra money going toward all the cleaning and everything the schools have to go through now.
No, but a lot of schools have portable bleachers at their baseball and softball fields they could use.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Schools that have a big fan base will just bring in extra bleachers if possible. Plus the standing room at the fences.
Just because your school has a big fan base does not mean they have the extra funds to bring in extra bleachers. Especially with the extra money going toward all the cleaning and everything the schools have to go through now.
No, but a lot of schools have portable bleachers at their baseball and softball fields they could use.
Fans could even bring own chairs line them along the track.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:09 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Fans could even bring own chairs line them along the track.
Most if not all of the crowd size, and spacing will be up to your local health department's. What generally will happen is that the local health department will come in and have a meeting with the Super, Principals, and AD and tell them who, what, when, where, and maybe why.....
After that it will be up to local health departments to monitor the schools to ensure compliance.
All I will say about that is have any of ya'll been to your local dirt tracks recently? lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I have been to Atomic and Portsmouth Raceway Park. Great crowds.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Per the Twittters, OHSAA removing 8 game requirement for playoff eligibility this year and Playoff games at home sites through Regional Finals. Sounds like they looking at a reduced regular season schedule (conference only?) and playoffs as normally scheduled. I’ll take it at this point*

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Fairfield County Health Department just recommended this...wow!!!

Health Department recommends no in-person classes, no sports in the fall - https://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/s ... 498207002/

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

indianabuck wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm Fairfield County Health Department just recommended this...wow!!!

Health Department recommends no in-person classes, no sports in the fall - https://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/s ... 498207002/
First domino to fall, won’t be the last. This will have a ripple effect.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:34 pm
indianabuck wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm Fairfield County Health Department just recommended this...wow!!!

Health department has no jurisdiction over schools.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:38 pm

I see you didn’t read the part of the article where it says “it is believed that every school in Fairfield County will follow through with the health department’s recommendations.”

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:40 pm

I see you didn’t read the part of the article where it says “it is believed that every school in Fairfield County will follow through with the health department’s recommendations.”
So? They don’t have jurisdiction

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 pm

I see that you’re arguing some dumb nonsense, for whatever reason.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 pm
I see that you’re arguing some dumb nonsense, for whatever reason.
No I’m not. The local health department where we are recommends students wear face mask all day in school without removal. Some schools are going to follow some I know are not. They will be allowing masks off at certain times. Stop with the domino effect nonsense.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It has nothing to do with jurisdiction, the point is that some or all of the county schools are looking at going with the health departments recommendation.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:52 pm
It has nothing to do with jurisdiction, the point is that some or all of the county schools are looking at going with the health departments recommendation.
Trust me. Not all counties agree with their local health department. Health departments are going to CYA. Let me clarify. Not every school in the counties

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ah, yes. I smell lawsuits.

Most boards will elect to avoid lawsuits. There will be some, just like the Prez, who is making the mask and other precautions a joke, who throw caution to the wind and get themselves in trouble. Just like the idiot Southern Govs who got in a deep hole with infections and deaths. It’s too bad the bad azzes want to make this political rather than what it is - a health emergency.

Grab some popcorn. This will be good.

Have gun, will travel
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 pm Ah, yes. I smell lawsuits.

Most boards will elect to avoid lawsuits. There will be some, just like the Prez, who is making the mask and other precautions a joke, who throw caution to the wind and get themselves in trouble. Just like the idiot Southern Govs who got in a deep hole with infections and deaths. It’s too bad the bad azzes want to make this political rather than what it is - a health emergency.

Grab some popcorn. This will be good.

Grab some popcorn!?? Really?? REALLY?? Another comment from you that just confirms that you are eating this crap up. These are hard times and people are trying to live their lives with some form of normalcy so they don’t lose it and you just want to grab the popcorn and laugh it up. What an idiot you really are.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Hard times ? No sheet !

People dying, others with lung damage for life and many who survive but only after months of hospitalization and sickness. Meanwhile, the heartless pursue playing a game. You will live if the game never gets played. Unfortunately, dead is dead. They will never do anything again.

Thanks for showing how smart you are.

The popcorn is for watching the stupid as they make complete fools of themselves. Great theatre.

Have gun, will travel
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

formerfcfan: will Fisher follow this as well? I’d think smaller private schools would do what they want cause anything short of full-time, in-person schooling going to be a problem for them with regards to people paying tuition.

I still think OHSAA shooting for at least a partial regular season and full playoffs as there might not be an OHSAA come 2021 if not.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Also, Portsmouth City Schools announces today students will be going 4 days/week in-person schooling with Wednesdays as online schooling.

Sounds good, but real question is what happens when first student tests positive? If reaction is to automatically shut school down for 2 weeks, it’ll be back to full online schooling within 1-2 weeks into school year.*

Return to “Football”