Chesapeake Suspends Fall Sports

4thgoal
SEOPS

Chesapeake Suspends Fall Sports

Post by 4thgoal »

https://www.peake.k12.oh.us/protected/A ... I&dasi=202

Chesapeake becomes the first local team I have heard of that has went to 100% remote learning to begin the school year and will not have fall sports. This places a lot of holes in the OVC football schedules
Last edited by 4thgoal on Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Chesapeake Cancels Fall Sports

Post by Omega »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:31 am https://www.peake.k12.oh.us/protected/A ... I&dasi=202

Chesapeake becomes the first local team I have heard of that has went to 100% remote learning to begin the school year and will not have fall sports.
The Southeast Ohio crack in the dam? While most of us will not agree with the decision, you have to respect Chesapeake school leadership for putting an end to the covid-19 play or no play cat and mouse game.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:31 am https://www.peake.k12.oh.us/protected/A ... I&dasi=202

Chesapeake becomes the first local team I have heard of that has went to 100% remote learning to begin the school year and will not have fall sports. This places a lot of holes in the OVC football schedules
You need to change title to suspend

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:54 amYou need to change title to suspend
Either way, it doesnt change the fact that they will not have fall sports.

hoot
Varsity

Re: Chesapeake Suspends Fall Sports

Post by hoot »

Not surprising that a school has went to all remote and cancelled Fall sports. The OVC has enough schools in the league to continue will a working schedule but if only no other schools opt out ( and that’s a big if now ). I guess the DeWine edict comes out today so we’ll see ..

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Hope I am wrong, I am afraid other schools will follow, if you believe going to school is not safe then cancelling sports is the correct thing to do..

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

School boards and health deptaments really will determine the safety of all school activities and the safety of everyone stepping onto school properties yesterday with all the outbreaks with schools already starting back, this is gonna be a real mine field getting thru day by day , week by week, month by month. North Carolina has went all virtual classes since a big uptick in cases. If you really look at high schools, colleges going back so far , the numbers really isn’t looking positive to have in class instruction. Just the facts, teachers , and school personnel, buses, are in direct contact in enclosed rooms with kids for long periods of time. To try and keep face masks on, to try and constantly social distance, is there goi g to be school administrators walking halls to insure all these safety protocols are firmly abided by. Wear masks, social distance, wash hands think of your neighbors , friends, family members once you leave school grounds. Keep everyone safe.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:28 am
True and you have made prime time very happy

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:42 am School boards and health deptaments really will determine the safety of all school activities and the safety of everyone stepping onto school properties yesterday with all the outbreaks with schools already starting back, this is gonna be a real mine field getting thru day by day , week by week, month by month. North Carolina has went all virtual classes since a big uptick in cases. If you really look at high schools, colleges going back so far , the numbers really isn’t looking positive to have in class instruction. Just the facts, teachers , and school personnel, buses, are in direct contact in enclosed rooms with kids for long periods of time. To try and keep face masks on, to try and constantly social distance, is there goi g to be school administrators walking halls to insure all these safety protocols are firmly abided by. Wear masks, social distance, wash hands think of your neighbors , friends, family members once you leave school grounds. Keep everyone safe.
Man you’re a duesch bag.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 am
4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:28 am
True and you have made prime time very happy
Was literally the first thing I thought of when I read the title to this thread.. lol

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.
LOL....right on cue.*

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

This is exactly what DeWino wants. He doesn't want schools open more does he want sports to continue. He just doesn't want to get the blame for shutting it down. :shock:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Omega wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:45 am

Chesapeake becomes the first local team I have heard of that has went to 100% remote learning to begin the school year and will not have fall sports.
The Southeast Ohio crack in the dam? While most of us will not agree with the decision, you have to respect Chesapeake school leadership for putting an end to the covid-19 play or no play cat and mouse game.
Respect them for making the wrong decision? No thanks

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:01 am
Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.
LOL....right on cue.*
troll :lol:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am

I am so glad we have the medical professionals on this site to say what decision is right or wrong for a school district.

They did what was right for them. We just need to except it.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wasn't the original goal to not overwhelm the hospitals? everyone acts like getting this is a instant hospitalization and death sentence. numbers just don't show this.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:00 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am

I am so glad we have the medical professionals on this site to say what decision is right or wrong for a school district.

They did what was right for them. We just need to except it.
I have no problem accepting it. Just wont respect it

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Heart goes out to the Srs. Also I don’t know how someone can come on here and pump his chest like he was right about something. He’s super heartless as he tries to push his agenda.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 am Heart goes out to the Srs. Also I don’t know how someone can come on here and pump his chest like he was right about something. He’s super heartless as he tries to push his agenda.
These are the people who have no clue how the real world works.

Return to “Football”