S

Re: Chesapeake Suspends Fall Sports

Post by BlizzardMan »

Annnnnnnnd they're back.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

That’s what I was going to say. I been told they reinstated back.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Good they should be.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:07 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm I commend Chesapeake board for this tough decision, but in my opinion the right decision. First let me say, I was a division one athlete before any of you jump on what I’m about to say. Yes, athletics, band, cheerleading, etc... are very important to students who attend these schools. Who are we to say that it is a bad decision? Doctors do not know the short term or long term effects this will have on 5 year olds who get Covid, they don’t know the life long effects of ten year olds who get it or any other aged person. Is it worth putting all these people at risk? In my opinion, NO!! If it is/was your kid, dad, mom, grandmother, wife, etc... you all would change your opinion who disagree with Chesapeake’s decision. Last but not least, I’m also a 25 year school teacher who believes we should not be in school. Believe me in my building at least 90% of my colleagues feel the same way. We should all be on remote/on line the first nine weeks. Also, this would cause me to have to do more work then what I’m going to be doing now, so it’s not about me not wanting to go to work. It’s about saving that one kid, one mom, one dad, one loved ones life! Again, this is just my opinion!!!
Thank you for not making your opinion a shaming post. People respect your opinion but they respectfully disagree including me. Here’s why. Playing football or not playing hasn’t been demonstrated a factor in the spread of Covid. Kids aren’t going to social distance. It’s not in their nature to do so. So whether they play or not the virus continues. One can insert anything into this sentence;

Was it worth it to ______, to get your family member sick?

Play football
Go to the store
Buy a pair of shoes
Attend your loved ones funeral
The list goes on and on

The virus has spread in spite of football and we want to cancel it? Why not try to control our youths behavior by offering something they can do, and offer it with a much better environment?
Bingo

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Welcome back Peake. I feel glad for the kids!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Now we need to work on the big 10

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:07 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:07 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm I commend Chesapeake board for this tough decision, but in my opinion the right decision. First let me say, I was a division one athlete before any of you jump on what I’m about to say. Yes, athletics, band, cheerleading, etc... are very important to students who attend these schools. Who are we to say that it is a bad decision? Doctors do not know the short term or long term effects this will have on 5 year olds who get Covid, they don’t know the life long effects of ten year olds who get it or any other aged person. Is it worth putting all these people at risk? In my opinion, NO!! If it is/was your kid, dad, mom, grandmother, wife, etc... you all would change your opinion who disagree with Chesapeake’s decision. Last but not least, I’m also a 25 year school teacher who believes we should not be in school. Believe me in my building at least 90% of my colleagues feel the same way. We should all be on remote/on line the first nine weeks. Also, this would cause me to have to do more work then what I’m going to be doing now, so it’s not about me not wanting to go to work. It’s about saving that one kid, one mom, one dad, one loved ones life! Again, this is just my opinion!!!
Thank you for not making your opinion a shaming post. People respect your opinion but they respectfully disagree including me. Here’s why. Playing football or not playing hasn’t been demonstrated a factor in the spread of Covid. Kids aren’t going to social distance. It’s not in their nature to do so. So whether they play or not the virus continues. One can insert anything into this sentence;

Was it worth it to ______, to get your family member sick?

Play football
Go to the store
Buy a pair of shoes
Attend your loved ones funeral
The list goes on and on

The virus has spread in spite of football and we want to cancel it? Why not try to control our youths behavior by offering something they can do, and offer it with a much better environment?
Bingo
Spot on wobycat!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Chesapeake Cancels Fall Sports

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.
Hope you're still commending them now ;)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fbnut wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:42 pm Now we need to work on the big 10
That's just dumb on the Big 10s part and the commissioner is the guy who should take the fall. I watched where Brady Quinn just ripped into him, saying how can you not tell people the science behind you're decision and multiple AD coming out and saying there wasn't a clear vote. He went on to say you're going to have these kids on campus how can you not think it'd be safer to have these kids in house and testing them daily if you choose to. The best care they can get is being in the hands of those coaches and doctors, you want them going out throwing and attending these huge parties we're all seeing colleges doing?? Honestly I think the Big 10 and Pac-12 got together and thought if they done it, everyone else would follow and that didn't happen. So now places with schools in hot spot states are being told by doctors they see no added risk and now it's just a terrible look for the Big 10.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

You can’t hide people from what ifs. You could literally take it as far as never leaving the house again.

What if:

A kid wrecks on way to school (keep them home?)

What if school bus crashes on way to school (keep them home?)

What if one gets the regular flu and brings it home to grandma and she does from flu (keep them home?)

What if a kid chokes on food at lunch (keep them home?)

What if while playing at recess a satellite falls from the sky and lands on a 4th grader (keep them home?)

The list is endless. It can never be about saving that one person. There is no factual data or evidence showing these kids are at risk. If you live with an at risk person then it’s their responsibility to protect themselves

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:52 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:11 pm
Snowflake wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Yesssss! Someone with some common sense. Hopefully the Governor will display some today and shut down all sports. Do the right thing people wearing the mask and complying with all orders pertaining to COVID -19. The only thing anyone should be doing outside without a mask on is protesting peacefully. All other activities inside and out should be done with a mask on. The life you save could be your mothers.

Yep we should cancel everything and hide in the closets. Get real Karen.

Do you seriously not get the severe sarcasm in snowflake's comments? Come on man! He is basically a parody account, lol.
Nope, I'm sincere. It's a shame that the Governor has caved under the pressure of the OHSAA at the expense of the health of our youth. But he's a republican, and they care about the Almighty $$$ more than the people, so... :oops:

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Snowflake wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Do you seriously not get the severe sarcasm in snowflake's comments? Come on man! He is basically a parody account, lol.
Nope, I'm sincere. It's a shame that the Governor has caved under the pressure of the OHSAA at the expense of the health of our youth. But he's a republican, and they care about the Almighty $$$ more than the people, so... :oops:
Untrue.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.

BRAVO BRAVO to the Chesapeake school system..glad to see they realize the welfare of the kids realizing the need for sports and the interaction between kids that they would do anyways without sports..way to have your priorities straight and realize the importance of sports for these kids..I would commend the school board highly for this decision

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Caved under the pressure of the big bad OHSAA?? Didn't realize OHSAA was wielding such power, one would've thought they would've finished the basketball tournament if that was the case. Almighty $$$, yeah with family and close friends and keeping it at 15% capacity they're really going to rake it in.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Is that you Paladin?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”