Re: WK3 Nelsonville-York - Meigs

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Meigs

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

After Meigs chickened out of scrimmaging us, I figured out that they lack mental toughness. My "upset but not really an upset" special:

Meigs 12
Nelsonville-Yert 26

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Meigs by 10

Dman
Waterboy

Post by Dman »

Meigs has already beat the top team that I think will finish in the top 2 of the TVC OHIO unfortunately The Bucks are not going be there.
Meigs by 2 TDs

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

The key to NY winning is not to get behind. They played Wellston tough until they got behind and made a couple of mistakes. I think they can win. Bucks have been successful over the years running sweeps. Maybe a reflection of the modern era but Wellston and NY threw a combined 63 passes. I doubt there is a game that 40 passes were thrown before. If NY can stay together, they can win this game.

Baseballer69
Waterboy

Post by Baseballer69 »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:45 pm After Meigs chickened out of scrimmaging us, I figured out that they lack mental toughness. My "upset but not really an upset" special:

Meigs 12
Nelsonville-Yert 26
Get your facts straight buddy.. Eastern canceled on Meigs and Meigs was scrambling around trying to find a scrimmage last second and they did an intrasquad instead because they couldn’t find anyone after Eastern decided to cancel on Meigs....so who chickened out?

Hannibal Lector
Waterboy

Post by Hannibal Lector »

I’m gonna go with Meigs. Cleland throws for 200+ and a couple TDs.
Meigs-34
NY-14

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Buckeyes can’t go 0-3. Rusty figures something out this week.
NY - 32
Meigs - 24

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

NY may keep this game close early but i believe meigs will pull away with this one. NY- 14 Meigs- 35

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Carzycurt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:03 pm Meigs by 2 touchdowns!! Nelsonville showed they are not very good this year
Yes, that's right. NY has no chance. But Meigs will have to score with their defense. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Last Friday night was a tough one for the bucks. Played great defensively, and was right in the ball game that many didn’t think they would be in until the two back to back INTs. Offensively we just can’t get much going, hopefully we can get something going this week. I know they will be ready to go and still have the end goal in mind.

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:41 am Last Friday night was a tough one for the bucks. Played great defensively, and was right in the ball game that many didn’t think they would be in until the two back to back INTs. Offensively we just can’t get much going, hopefully we can get something going this week. I know they will be ready to go and still have the end goal in mind.
Just please stop passing the ball and save the pick 6's for the Athens game. :o

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I imagine Meigs will come out and try to throw the ball with Cleland. I think the D-Line will be able to apply some pressure to be able to mitigate his success a little. He seems to be having a good year so far. I was impressed by the Inman boy last Friday night taking on the task of guarding Wellston’s tall WR after Phillips went out. He has a bright future.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

NY gets the win this week and we get the playoff points. :D

Dman
Waterboy

Post by Dman »

I can't believe the Bucks put the ball in the air 36 times with the 1st year QB again. Result was the same as Trimble 4 interceptions.
I hate to say it but the Bucks lose because they evidently didn't learn anything. Terrible play calling but I am surprised the people haven't called for the Board to CLEAN HOUSE!!!! They are going to be playing against a legit QB this who can throw and complete it to his OWN team.

Bucks Clearly OUT COACHED AGAIN!!!!!!

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

I was at the game, and everyone is faulting the coach. What some do not realize is Wellstone defense held NY to 26 yards on 25 carries, so blaming the coach for throwing the ball is ridiculous. Also, blaming Drew Carter for being a first year quarterback is demeaning and could hurt his confidence. I am proud of each team, for this game was a battle and when two teams play, one wins and one loses. The game was played hard and officiated well. Quite putting blame on coaches or players and support your team.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:40 pm I imagine Meigs will come out and try to throw the ball with Cleland. I think the D-Line will be able to apply some pressure to be able to mitigate his success a little. He seems to be having a good year so far. I was impressed by the Inman boy last Friday night taking on the task of guarding Wellston’s tall WR after Phillips went out. He has a bright future.
Phillips is rutter tough and I am sure his future is pretty bright. Will he be available this week? Bucks will need him to take away some of Cleelands passing yards.

Return to “Football”