Jackson, Waverly, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Gallia Academy and Logan

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Jackson, Waverly, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Gallia Academy and Logan

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm
XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am I’m hearing Ironton wants out of OVC in football. I think A Southern Ohio Super conference with Ironton, Jackson, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Chillicothe. Let’s get this done. Then that allows these teams to schedule 5 good Non conf. games.
Ironton would kill everyone in that league. Even Jackson would lose by 30. SEO schools will never get you ready for Kirtland. Just schedule a couple State powers in the non league
Not saying they won’t have any dominating years but it won’t last forever.
Exactly.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm Ironton joined this league and won it every year
You need an ice pack for that big bump on your head, Raider. :lol: :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

If this is football only then Logan joining would be a big deal. Sure its far but they travel well.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm You need an ice pack for that big bump on your head, Raider. :lol: :lol:
I think they only lost 2 or 3 league games in that version of the SEOAL. Would have another state title if it wasn’t for Logan canceling it’s season :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:14 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm You need an ice pack for that big bump on your head, Raider. :lol: :lol:
I think they only lost 2 or 3 league games in that version of the SEOAL. Would have another state title if it wasn’t for Logan canceling it’s season :lol:
Blame it on the teachers. They went on strike. :lol: Hopefully we'll never see that again. :lol:

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

I’d recommend Athens here too, but they’re scared of the Ironmen .. Poor puppy dogs!

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm Ironton joined this league and won it every year
Ironton dominated the SEOAL for a good number of years.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Grizzly&Gatorade wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm I’d recommend Athens here too, but they’re scared of the Ironmen .. Poor puppy dogs!
Jackson would throttle Athens , please

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

old benchwarmer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:32 pm
Ironton dominated the SEOAL for a good number of years.
True. Most of the domination was back in the T-AAA D-AA & S-A days. Ironton had darn good teams & consistent.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Jackson is lucky we didn’t play them this year. They would’ve been crying for us to let up. What a lucky school to not play us the year we would destroy them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

WellstonLover wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:22 pm Jackson is lucky we didn’t play them this year. They would’ve been crying for us to let up. What a lucky school to not play us the year we would destroy them.
Why can't they play?? Both team make exits out of the playoffs they can agree to play and then Wellston can just show them how lucky they really are. Would've thought a team that knew they had some destroyer team coming up would've wanted to keep Jackson on the schedule instead of tapping out. Like I said though for this year it's not to late they can still possibly get a game in against each other.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I'd like to see this league. Add Unioto or Chilli, and most teams won't travel much further than an hour for a game. Gallia might get pounded this year and next, but it'd be better for the future.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm
XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am I’m hearing Ironton wants out of OVC in football. I think A Southern Ohio Super conference with Ironton, Jackson, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Chillicothe. Let’s get this done. Then that allows these teams to schedule 5 good Non conf. games.
Ironton would kill everyone in that league. Even Jackson would lose by 30. SEO schools will never get you ready for Kirtland. Just schedule a couple State powers in the non league
I mean at this moment and for the very near future Ironton is at the highest of highs. So that may be the case right now, but are they going to be able to sustain putting this caliber of a team out there year after year? Statistically that won’t happen. Not saying they won’t have any dominating years but it won’t last forever.
Ironton will be good for the next couple seasons, but they'll never replicate what Lutz did from late 70s to 90s

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Ironton, Portsmouth, Jackson and Chillicothe is a good start. Maybe add one or two more. Just don’t know who it would be. If you added Wheelersburg and Waverly it would be great for travel. the new parkway makes an ironton to chillicothe trip at just about 1:10 by bus.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 am
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am SOC II probably would be a better fit for Ironton football competitively-speaking. SOC should've added Ironton and Portsmouth and went to a 3 division conference in football and 2 divisions for every other sport. But they didn't and unlikely it ever happens.*
How would you see the 3 division being broken out?
I'd say:

SOC I: East, Green, Notre Dame, Beaver Eastern, Symmes Valley
SOC II: Burg, Ironton, Waverly, West, Minford
SOC III: Valley, Northwest, Portsmouth, Oak Hill

If Western ever gets football going, slide them into SOC I and move Beaver Eastern/Symmes Valley to SOC III. I know some rivalries would be broken up in this scenario (Valley/Minford; Portsmouth/Ironton), but could always schedule them as nonconference games and work with conference to keep them last game of season.

If 2 divisions still preferred for scheduling purposes, just put Valley and Portsmouth in SOC II, and Northwest and Oak Hill in SOC I.

All other sports are in 2 divisions with all non-football playing schools in SOC I. With that said, chance to do this was couple years ago and SOC didn't do it. So I don't see this happening anytime soon, if ever*

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Stay Independent in football only:

Keep Burg, Russell, Ashland, Portsmouth

Add from programs such as:

Jackson, Johnson Central, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Bishop Hartley, add maybe a Cincy school - Roger Bacon, Taft, Summit Country Day, etc etc

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 pm Stay Independent in football only:

Jackson, Johnson Central, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Bishop Hartley, add maybe a Cincy school - Roger Bacon, Taft, Summit Country Day, etc etc
Definitely a good idea even play schools like clinton massie Jonathan alder

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

:oops:
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Definitely a good idea even play schools like clinton massie Jonathan alder
Yep

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

A lot of major improvements could be made if the SOC 1/2 would bring in the geographically close SVC schools in, remove the outlier schools and bring in Chillicothe Portsmouth and Jackson into SOC.I like the idea of a 3 tier conference. It could give the larger Schools of the area better competition and reduce travel time and costs for the smaller schools while giving them a chance to be more competitive with less lopsided games.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

what conference is going to allow a member not to
play the only real profitable sport? just don’t see it happening.

Return to “Football”