2020 Northwest 42 - 20 Beaver Eastern

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK5 SOC1 Chip Northwest - Beaver Eastern

Post by greygoose »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 pm Pressure on Northwest here as most people thought they'd be playing for SOC I championship this year. Eastern has not gotten much talk on here, but sounds like they got a real team. A guy whose opinion I trust says that Eastern is the favorite in this game.

As for the talk on here about coaching at Northwest, can't see any changes coming as this is the guy the School Board and parents wanted, so he should get a couple more years to prove himself.*
I think just about everyone has Eastern as the favorite in this one. In terms of their coaching staff, they did get the person they wanted but their time was supposed to be right now. Last season was the stepping stone and this season and next couple was supposed to be their year with what they have coming up. This year is a funky year so hard to knock a staff, at the same time though every team endured the same circumstances.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

I wasn't at the Green game but all that were said the final could have been 100-0. The bad kicks were simply kids shanking the ball. One kid, a starter, only got one carry so he quit the team. We live in a stat driven, take care of me society. There is no way to win in games like these, especially during a shortened season.

Urban Meyer didn't apply for the coaching position. The generations of losing, the geography, and the tough competetion in the area makes this a difficult job. In the SOC1 if you win every game, you are supposed to because apparently NW has an enrollment of 10,000. However, don't win by more than 30, make sure the ball is kicked passed the 30, and make sure each kid gets the right amount of touches. Wheelersburg wins the SOCII 93% of the time, is anyone asking them to go to another league? NO. Bill Crabtree does an excellent job of making the kids believe in themselves and one another but more importantly is helping them be better men and stewards of the community. Good Luck to the Mohawks the rest of the season, apparently you can't win even if you do so make sure self happy and win.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:19 am I wasn't at the Green game but all that were said the final could have been 100-0. The bad kicks were simply kids shanking the ball. One kid, a starter, only got one carry so he quit the team. We live in a stat driven, take care of me society. There is no way to win in games like these, especially during a shortened season.

Urban Meyer didn't apply for the coaching position. The generations of losing, the geography, and the tough competetion in the area makes this a difficult job. In the SOC1 if you win every game, you are supposed to because apparently NW has an enrollment of 10,000. However, don't win by more than 30, make sure the ball is kicked passed the 30, and make sure each kid gets the right amount of touches. Wheelersburg wins the SOCII 93% of the time, is anyone asking them to go to another league? NO. Bill Crabtree does an excellent job of making the kids believe in themselves and one another but more importantly is helping them be better men and stewards of the community. Good Luck to the Mohawks the rest of the season, apparently you can't win even if you do so make sure self happy and win.
Great post.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Eastern 35
Northwest 15

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:19 am I wasn't at the Green game but all that were said the final could have been 100-0. The bad kicks were simply kids shanking the ball. One kid, a starter, only got one carry so he quit the team. We live in a stat driven, take care of me society. There is no way to win in games like these, especially during a shortened season.

Exactly what I've been saying....Northwest loses no matter what they do. SOC I is a no-win situation for them. But at this point, they haven't dominated SOC I like most of us thought they would, so I'd have no issue with them staying SOC I going forward. Oak Hill and Valley were in there for years, so what's really the difference at this point? Now if Northwest goes on a 3-4 year tear where they are winning SOC I every year, then maybe it'll be time to reevaluate. But that hasn't happened, so why not leave them were they are?*

sportsfanscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanscioto »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 pm Eastern dominates this game. I’d like to see the Eastern coach run the score up and let NW know how it feels to be humiliated. The NW coach needs to learn a lesson. The total BS they did against a struggling Green team last week just shows he’s a run the numbers up low life. He did the same thing last year! Sad thing, NW has some real good kids...good players but class acts too! Too bad they don’t have a role model coach to look up to.
Congratulations Eagles on your SOC Championship!!
Completely agree. Northwest coach is classless in life and football. Northwest needs to reevaluate their coaching situation while they are playing conference games against schools half their size and have a chance to build. The board and admin hiring their buddy may have cost them their chance at building a program. There had to be applicants with some form of resume or at least that were decent people and could have been role models. They may be smaller than SOC 2 schools other than valley but the numbers are closer with soc 2 schools. They are twice the size of SOC 1. It’s ridiculous that they are in small division and their coach is running up stats and scores. They have good hearted and talented players. This season has been disappointing so far. Hopefully the kids can make up for the lack of adult leadership in the district and pull out the win. I believe a coach needs 5 years to build but this coach is a lost cause. Take advantage of the talent you have coming and rehire. Give your district a chance while you have the odds in your favor.

mohawkfan01
Waterboy

Post by mohawkfan01 »

If you think you know so much about the Northwest football coach let me give you a quick history lesson, the previous coach won SIX games in 3 season. Northwest coach won six games in his first season?? so how is that a downgrade in coaching?? that just shows your uneducated in football or hell even numbers to say the least. if our coach was so classless we would have beat east 100-0 and green 100-0 but no, we pulled our starters in the second quarter, so before you go running your mouth go look at the stat line. what do they say? stats do not lie, educated yourself before you make a fool out of yourself. if you know it all, why didn’t you apply to be the coach? you have all the answers get off your butt and go coach.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Green game
Total plays 25
Rushing yards 22 for 180
Passing 3-3 36
The 22 carries was with 12 different kids.
In the 2nd quarter we had a onside kick that wasn't called and the kicker got his butt ripped for.
Start on 3rd quarter had a freshman who has never kicked before and was nervous and almost missed the ball it went 11 yards.
Starting offense ran 9 plays.

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

Wish I could be at this game.I am gonna go out on a limb and say Mohawk NATION will get the monkey off their back and beat a winning team.My prediction is 27- 21 thriller victory for Northwest.🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Quick question.....is there a stream available to watch this game? Thank you.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Quick question.....is there a stream available to watch this game? Thank you.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hoggy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:44 pm Quick question.....is there a stream available to watch this game? Thank you.
Mohawk media on Facebook I believe what it is.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is this at Eastern?

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Moved to Northwest to get bigger crowd

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:55 pm Moved to Northwest to get bigger crowd
Not this game. It was the East game that was moved.
Northwest played at Eastern last year.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

All this NW football talk has me excited for basketball. Been hearing ab this freshman class for a few years. Can't wait.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well for all the questioning about the coaching staff at Northwest, they've owned the 1st half. 35-12 Nothwest,I think they read where I said get it to Campbell, 4 1st half Tds

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:11 pm Well for all the questioning about the coaching staff at Northwest, they've owned the 1st half. 35-12 Nothwest,I think they read where I said get it to Campbell, 4 1st half Tds
I believe 214 rushing yards first half for Campbell

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The boys must have read this thread earlier today.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tower wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:11 pm Well for all the questioning about the coaching staff at Northwest, they've owned the 1st half. 35-12 Nothwest,I think they read where I said get it to Campbell, 4 1st half Tds
I believe 214 rushing yards first half for Campbell
Yep and Northwest defense playing lights out that 1st half

Return to “Football”