Post by Lane52311 »

Thoughts?

56-14 Waverly

BE UNCOMMON... GO TIGERS!! 🐅
14U
S

Re: Wk 6. Oak Hill @Waverly

Post by 14U »

Oak hill is going to run right at waverly. Can waverly stop them? I watched oak hill and they have no passing game. Oaks will try to run the clock with their running game to make game shorter and keep waverly offense off field. Waverly wins

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly defense much improved this year, oak hill simply doesn't have enough fire power to keep this close for long. Waverly by 28

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

West held Oak Hill to 14?
Many thought Minford would give Waverly a game in Muletown on the grass. Didn’t happen.
Waverly’s defense is much much better then last year and no way does Oak Hill stop the Waverly offense.
Waverly will be playing for an undefeated season and outright SOC2 Crown.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I really don't see much of a game at all, Oak Hill has very little passing game at all, plus their ability to defend the pass is pretty bad.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

This could easily end up being a 3 score game imo.. say its safe to go ahead and congratulate Waverly on an undefeated regular season and outright SOCII championship. Will be a tough road but cant wait to see what they do in D4 come playoffs might surprise some people

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Waverly by a bunch. Probably in the realm of 49-14 or 49-21

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly should be back to full strength for this game unless there is someone out that I am not aware of. The fact that OH is almost run only will use the clock quickly and might keep this from being a running clock.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Waverly big

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

This is a statement Game for Waverly! This is also a statement game for OAK Hill to greatly improve their seed.They only lost to St Clairsville by 12 who was the AP #1 in D4 for a few weeks( not sure where they are now)I would like to see Waverly starters on the field for all 4 quarters regardless of the score with Waverly projected to have a bye week. Waverly can not afford a let down this week. Waverly is positioned the best they possibly could be for the playoffs. Especially with the chance at extra home games. Public Opinion will be a big factor for seeding. A 63-7 score is a lot better than a 42-14 because starters are out at half. They need more reps to improve as this team gets considerably better each week. I know it could be at Oak Hills expense but with a shortened season it is needed.

I’m not sleeping on Oak Hill and know that way crazier upsets have happened, it’s just what I think would be best moving forward for Waverly. I mean they did only lose to St Clairsville by 12.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:52 pm This is a statement Game for Waverly! This is also a statement game for OAK Hill to greatly improve their seed.They only lost to St Clairsville by 12 who was the AP #1 in D4 for a few weeks( not sure where they are now)I would like to see Waverly starters on the field for all 4 quarters regardless of the score with Waverly projected to have a bye week. Waverly can not afford a let down this week. Waverly is positioned the best they possibly could be for the playoffs. Especially with the chance at extra home games. Public Opinion will be a big factor for seeding. A 63-7 score is a lot better than a 42-14 because starters are out at half. They need more reps to improve as this team gets considerably better each week. I know it could be at Oak Hills expense but with a shortened season it is needed.

I’m not sleeping on Oak Hill and know that way crazier upsets have happened, it’s just what I think would be best moving forward for Waverly. I mean they did only lose to St Clairsville by 12.
Just saw where seeding is Thursday- Half this post is wasted.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:52 pm This is a statement Game for Waverly! This is also a statement game for OAK Hill to greatly improve their seed.They only lost to St Clairsville by 12 who was the AP #1 in D4 for a few weeks( not sure where they are now)I would like to see Waverly starters on the field for all 4 quarters regardless of the score with Waverly projected to have a bye week. Waverly can not afford a let down this week. Waverly is positioned the best they possibly could be for the playoffs. Especially with the chance at extra home games. Public Opinion will be a big factor for seeding. A 63-7 score is a lot better than a 42-14 because starters are out at half. They need more reps to improve as this team gets considerably better each week. I know it could be at Oak Hills expense but with a shortened season it is needed.

This game has no bearing on playoff seeding. But Waverly wants the undefeated season and gold ball.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History:
1921: Oak Hill 82 Waverly 7
1921: Oak Hill 6 Waverly 0
1933: Waverly 6 Oak Hill 0
1934: Waverly 34 Oak Hill 0
1935: Oak Hill 7 Waverly 6
1936: Waverly 31 Oak Hill 0
1937: Waverly 7 Oak Hill 0
1938: Waverly 13 Oak Hill 0
1939: Oak Hill 14 Waverly 0
1940: Oak Hill 25 Waverly 7
1997: Waverly 32 Oak Hill 12
1998: Waverly 48 Oak Hill 8
2003: Oak Hill 27 Waverly 20
2004: Waverly 53 Oak Hill 0
2019: Waverly 27 Oak Hill 14

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

If Waverly lost 82-7 in 21 and played again the same year and only lost 7-0 that may be the greatest turn around ever! I hear the Tigers are practicing with the scoreboard at 82-7 so they don't forget what happened on that dreaded night! lol

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

smurray wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:59 am

This game has no bearing on playoff seeding. But Waverly wants the undefeated season and gold ball.
Following post clarified that :)

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

This game seems to have been forgotten amidst the playoff seeding discussion frenzy. Any news from either camp ?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

This ones hard to say much about. I feel like there is a clear better team in this game that’s strength is a massive weakness for the other team. I wish the best for my Oaks but this one will be tough.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 am This game seems to have been forgotten amidst the playoff seeding discussion frenzy. Any news from either camp ?
Waverly with at least a share of the league title and a bunch of hoopla about the playoffs.
I can’t say how the players are feeling right now and how the preparation for this game has been but I know on Saturday after the Minford win they were focused on the outright Championship. Some saying it isn’t a championship unless it’s all theirs.
I hope the Tigers are well prepared takes care of business with the undefeated season, Outright SOC Championship, everyone healthy and get some rest with a week off.

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

This will be FUGLY
Waverly 49- OH 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

veer wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am This will be FUGLY
Waverly 49- OH 7
Closer then it should have been last year. Waverly just needs to be focused and take care of business.

Return to “Football”