Is Fairland done?

BigChuck
JV Team

Is Fairland done?

Post by BigChuck »

D0E0A237-0A5D-4E09-8E55-5387A815A273.jpeg

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
bfry
JV Team

Re: Is Fairland done?

Post by bfry »

Wow. Go Hill! No, just kidding. That would be tragic for it to end over one case. Would absolutely hate that for the kids.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think think it has to be. If you close a school because of covid how can you let the kids play.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think they might be done.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I mean what are the odds of this. Fairland has a great run in basketball and season cancelled due to covid and the football team gets a first round bye and home game and possibly have the football season cancelled over covid. Crazy

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

I really hate to hear this especially for the kids. I feel like this would happen more if people really reported that their kids or players have it on their teams or schools? Make me wonder how honest everyone is really being?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1 case shuts down the school district?

What am I missing? When they come back in 2 weeks there will still be cases.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:55 pm 1 case shits down the school district?

If Fairland does go to remote learning, it will be about containing community spread and allowing time for contact tracing and subsequent quarantine if necessary. We may not agree with the actions but it is what it is. The situation could arise at Jackson or Ironton. I guess we should be thankful the 2020 high school season has progressed as far as it has without major contagion disruption.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Omega wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:55 pm 1 case shits down the school district?

If Fairland does go to remote learning, it will be about containing community spread and allowing time for contact tracing and subsequent quarantine if necessary. We may not agree with the actions but it is what it is. The situation could arise at Jackson or Ironton. I guess we should be thankful the 2020 high school season has progressed as far as it has without major contagion disruption.
We’ve had multiple cases. They stay home for a while and some along with them must quarantine. I don’t get shutting down the school district.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

To play or not to play? That is the question. Tough situation for Fairland’s Board of Education. Many eyes around the area are watching and waiting to see what decision is made.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:39 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 pm

We’ve had multiple cases. They stay home for a while and some along with them must quarantine. I don’t get shutting down the school district.
Yeah I'm with you on this one, to say 1 case is going to shutdown a school for 2 weeks is a bit eccentric to me. There's been confirmed cases at I'd say just about every school in the area and no one has said, there's one time to shutdown for 2 weeks. To me if you're going straight to that makes me wonder what types of systems they had in place to begin with in the form of mask and or social distancing to prevent a wide spread contact issue. Because if done properly this should've only effected those within a remote area. They'll be shutting down every couple weeks according to this policy.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

i heard a meeting over the hill in scottown they are shutdown until 27th

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I truly hope that history judges us severely on this pandemic! The chicken little syndrome is going to create more psychological problems than any health issues. Young kids are resilient, but keeping them socially distanced from their peers and continually pushing these health safety measures is going to cause quite a bit of social emotional harm. Science is changing daily, early part of the year, fauci says dont wear masks, then its wear masks. Take precautions, but this is not as deadly as its been made out to be!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Not looking good. This stinks. I really think they could of made a good run.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

In what is the nationwide infection rate. Oh and what is a
The survival rate.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Not sure why 1 case shuts it all down at Fairland, when Waverly has had 18 and Jackson has had 13 and keep going.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 am Not sure why 1 case shuts it all down at Fairland, when Waverly has had 18 and Jackson has had 13 and keep going.
Where did you hear 1 case I’ve been hearing it’s multiple cases over a dozen

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

I hope that homecoming dance was worth it

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Tristate all stars wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:56 am
4thgoal wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 am Not sure why 1 case shuts it all down at Fairland, when Waverly has had 18 and Jackson has had 13 and keep going.
Where did you hear 1 case I’ve been hearing it’s multiple cases over a dozen
Hell Tristate, most of these people can't read...the article plainly states "there was a confirmed case of covid-19 in 'at least' one student or staff member at the high school"....so the number of '1' is the LEAST amount....they are never going to give specifics in these stories and I have heard the same as you, that the number of confirmed cases is quite high and I would imagine that it is for the school/health department to close.... Literacy is an amazing commodity in today's world, huh?

Return to “Football”