Ironton’s Carrico Front Runner for Mr. Football in Ohio

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Ironton’s Carrico Front Runner for Mr. Football in Ohio

Post by Mad-Dogg »

When do they announce the winner

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I seen where he was selected as the D5 Defensive Player of the Year again. Back to back Defensive Player of the Year.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Pol pot wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 pm Buster Howe Zanesville was the first MR Football. Went to Ohio State.

As a senior in 1987, he rushed for 1,795 yards (6.9 yards per carry) and scored 34 touchdowns. As a single wing back, he added 431 passing yards. He also had eight interceptions, three field goals, 38 extra points and averaged 40.9 yards per punt.
Zanesville is in the East District and is not considered either SE or Southern Ohio.
So nobody is ever allowed to mention any team in the East District on this site? Good to know. Make sure you remove all the discussions regarding the MVL, LCL, PVC, ECOL, Buckeye 8 and whatever that new league is from the old PVC. Also, remove all Fort Frye, Shenandoah, Buckeye Trail and Barnesville.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

He didn't win

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Roger Bacon running back, LSU commit Corey Kiner named Ohio Mr. Football

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 871148001/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Omega wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:48 pm Roger Bacon running back, LSU commit Corey Kiner named Ohio Mr. Football

What a crock. No offense to kiner. But Reid was the better player

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Joe Burrow effect on the LSU name

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:56 pm
Omega wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:48 pm Roger Bacon running back, LSU commit Corey Kiner named Ohio Mr. Football

What a crock. No offense to kiner. But Reid was the better player
Couldn’t agree more

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Any chance Carrico had at Mr. Football was gone after the Kirtland game. Kirtland shut him down and made him look average.

If I had a vote, I would have voted for Brungard from New Middletown Springfield after that performance he had in the championship game. Almost single-handedly won the championship, Coldwater defensively had no answer for that kid.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Otto wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:27 pm Any chance Carrico had at Mr. Football was gone after the Kirtland game. Kirtland shut him down and made him look average.

If I had a vote, I would have voted for Brungard from New Middletown Springfield after that performance he had in the championship game. Almost single-handedly won the championship, Coldwater defensively had no answer for that kid.
I agree That kid is legit, but carrico carried his team all year on both sides of the ball, as seen in the championship game. Kirtland was the only team that made it a point to shut him down and make Ironton beat them somewhere else.

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

Congrats on 2nd place.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:23 am
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 pm Buster Howe Zanesville was the first MR Football. Went to Ohio State.

As a senior in 1987, he rushed for 1,795 yards (6.9 yards per carry) and scored 34 touchdowns. As a single wing back, he added 431 passing yards. He also had eight interceptions, three field goals, 38 extra points and averaged 40.9 yards per punt.
Zanesville is in the East District and is not considered either SE or Southern Ohio.
So nobody is ever allowed to mention any team in the East District on this site? Good to know. Make sure you remove all the discussions regarding the MVL, LCL, PVC, ECOL, Buckeye 8 and whatever that new league is from the old PVC. Also, remove all Fort Frye, Shenandoah, Buckeye Trail and Barnesville.
Wouldn’t bother me a bit if all those were removed. Last time I checked the banner at the top, this was SOUTHEASTERN Ohio Preps. 😎

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:50 pm
Otto wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:27 pm Any chance Carrico had at Mr. Football was gone after the Kirtland game. Kirtland shut him down and made him look average.

I agree That kid is legit, but carrico carried his team all year on both sides of the ball, as seen in the championship game. Kirtland was the only team that made it a point to shut him down and make Ironton beat them somewhere else.
carrico is a player but be realistic they may not make title game w/out him but they could have went 10-0 or 9-1. watching kirtland game last week against the tigers was disappointing and i get one player can't do it all but the hype didn't seem fitting and it's not the kids fault. go lawrence county go tigers go bucks.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Pol pot wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:17 am

Wouldn’t bother me a bit if all those were removed. Last time I checked the banner at the top, this was SOUTHEASTERN Ohio Preps. 😎
Does it say Southeastern District? No, it says SEOHIO. I'm no geography expert but...
Attachments
OHIO MAP.jpg

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Save your breathe, Bobcat. The map helps but too many stupid folks here don’t read maps either. You are, of course, correct, but the incest here is thick. A large helping of Lawrence County who think they own the place and a collection of small River rats and hicks in the sticks. But the real reason is football is better in the Eastern District and so they try to cut that off even though it’s in the SEO quadrant, as it makes them lesser which is the case no matter any area of Ohio you compare them with.

They don’t measure up. I call it the “ dinky paradox”. When in the showers , they are the ones with the really short ones. :lol:

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Come track and Cross Country I will not remove. Sheridan, Crooksville or New Lex as long as they travel to a southeastern district meet.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:23 am Does it say Southeastern District? No, it says SEOHIO. I'm no geography expert but...
Clearly the name says westernsouthernsoutheasternohiopreps.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:44 am
BobcatQB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:23 am Does it say Southeastern District? No, it says SEOHIO. I'm no geography expert but...
Clearly the name says westernsouthernsoutheasternohiopreps.
haha..I don't know where several of the schools are from posters on here but you're probably right. I would guess that there are teams from the SW section of the state on here and that's ok..but we can't talk about teams who are actually in the SE.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:18 pm Save your breathe, Bobcat. The map helps but too many stupid folks here don’t read maps either. You are, of course, correct, but the incest here is thick. A large helping of Lawrence County who think they own the place and a collection of small River rats and hicks in the sticks. But the real reason is football is better in the Eastern District and so they try to cut that off even though it’s in the SEO quadrant, as it makes them lesser which is the case no matter any area of Ohio you compare them with.

They don’t measure up. I call it the “ dinky paradox”. When in the showers , they are the ones with the really short ones. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

BobcatQB wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:17 am
Pol pot wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:17 am

Does it say Southeastern District? No, it says SEOHIO. I'm no geography expert but...
So Scioto County is in the SSW quadrant, and would not be applicable ;-)

Return to “Football”