Re: HANG ON! OHSAA To Move State Football Championships To Massillon

Post by Kicker. »

Massillon will now get a home game for a state title wow

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Little choice if you were going to have fans available at the game.

And playing Hoban at Massillon will not be much help for Massillon

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm Little choice if you were going to have fans available at the game.

And playing Hoban at Massillon will not be much help for Massillon
I like Massillon in that game. I think they finally get over the hump. Hoban been having some mishaps lately

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If for covid reasons, Franklin County has 53 cases a day per 100,000 people and Stark County 59 cases per day per 100,000. This is truly the year of the Idiot. Unbelievable doing this one day prior to games. The Shepherd in the governors mansion is truly off his rocker along with the county officials.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

darn. I had a ticket for the kirtland and ironton game. Living in Portsmouth I’m not making that drive. The decision makes no sense.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 pm darn. I had a ticket for the kirtland and ironton game. Living in Portsmouth I’m not making that drive. The decision makes no sense.
It’s because Franklin county officials issued a stay at home order starting 6 pm tomorrow I believe lasting what I read was 28 days
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Beergogglebluez
SE

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 pm darn. I had a ticket for the kirtland and ironton game. Living in Portsmouth I’m not making that drive. The decision makes no sense.
It’s because Franklin county officials issued a stay at home order starting 6 pm tomorrow I believe
Why 1 county lol. If 68 counties are in the red. But I’m just a fan and not a doctor. Just seems silly. I’m not making that trip.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 pm
It’s because Franklin county officials issued a stay at home order starting 6 pm tomorrow I believe
Why 1 county lol. If 68 counties are in the red. But I’m just a fan and not a doctor. Just seems silly. I’m not making that trip.
I’m not sure but it’s Franklin county that did it. If it was Dewine it would be statewide

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Beergogglebluez
SE

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 pm

I’m not sure but it’s Franklin county that did it. If it was Dewine it would be statewide
True. Dewine did not want a season it was husted that got it started. All of its ridiculous. How do you start basketball season after. I don’t see it. But football had to make it 3 more days that’s it.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm

True. Dewine did not want a season it was husted that got it started. All of its ridiculous. How do you start basketball season after. I don’t see it. But football had to make it 3 more days that’s it.
I agree it is ridiculous but they are trying at least. I say just cancel them all. It’s a “home game” for us now not that we wouldn’t come to Ironton if we could

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Beergogglebluez
SE

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:25 pm

I agree it is ridiculous but they are trying at least. I say just cancel them all. It’s a “home game” for us now not that we wouldn’t come to Ironton if we could
It sucks for ironton to get this notice 48 before a game but kirtland or any other team cant help what just happened. But there are other counties around Columbus. To keep it kind of center state. Oh well 2020 strikes again lol

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Imagine that one. They are back in stark co

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:25 pm

It sucks for ironton to get this notice 48 before a game but kirtland or any other team cant help what just happened. But there are other counties around Columbus. To keep it kind of center state. Oh well 2020 strikes again lol
I agree it sucks. I say just cancel them that way no one can complain about anything other than them being cancelled. I’d imagine it’s hard to get a stadium last minutes notice but idk how that works

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

This is the press release from the OHSAA

OHSAA Moving Football Championships to Massillon Washington This Weekend

New Franklin County health advisory prevents games from being played at Fortress Obetz

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Due to a new health advisory issued by the Franklin County Department of Health and the Columbus Department of Health Wednesday afternoon that recommends the games not be played in Franklin County, the Ohio High School Athletic Association is moving this weekend’s football state championship games to Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon, which has offered to host all six games. The games were scheduled to be played at Fortress Obetz in southeast Columbus.

The schedule remains the same as announced Wednesday, with games on Friday and Saturday at 1:15 and 6:15 and then Sunday at 12:15 and 5:15. Of note, in the Division II title game, Akron Archbishop Hoban High School has agreed to play Massillon Washington on Massillon’s home field. The OHSAA has now designated Hoban as the home team in the game.

The decision came Thursday morning after discussions with officials at Obetz and Franklin County. The OHSAA met virtually with the 12 finalist schools at 11:30 a.m. to inform them and answer questions.

“Completing this weekend’s state championship games is very important to the schools, student-athletes and communities, so we felt strongly about finding a place to play,” said OHSAA Executive Director Doug Ute. “These 12 schools just want to play and we thank them for accepting this change. We would also like to especially thank Massillon Washington High School for stepping up to host, and also Hoban for agreeing to play there.”

Paul Brown Tiger Stadium served as a host of the OHSAA football state championships from 1990 through 2013.

“This is a big change at the 11th hour, but Massillon Washington can accommodate these games and the number of fans that are permitted to attend,” said Beau Rugg, OHSAA Senior Director of Officiating and Sport Management and the OHSAA’s football administrator. “We are pleased to be playing football this weekend and are excited that these 12 schools will be able to finish their seasons.”

The Franklin County and Columbus health advisory recommends a pause on all extra-curricular activities for schools and asks all persons to be home by 6 p.m.

“Fortress Obetz was excited to host these games and we appreciate all the work that they put into preparations,” Ute said.

Football State Championship Games

All games at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. Home team listed first.

State Championships Coverage: https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournament ... s-Coverage

Division VII

Friday, November 20, 1:15 p.m. - New Bremen (9-2) vs. Warren John F. Kennedy (9-2)

Division II

Friday, November 20, 6:15 p.m. - Akron Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon Washington (10-1)

Division V

Saturday, November 21, 1:15 p.m. - Kirtland (10-0) vs. Ironton (11-0)

Division III

Saturday, November 21, 6:15 p.m. - Columbus St. Francis DeSales (9-1) vs. Chardon (11-0)

Division IV

Sunday, November 22, 12:15 p.m. - Van Wert (10-1) vs. Mentor Lake Catholic (8-2)

Division VI

Sunday, November 22, 5:15 p.m. - New Middletown Springfield (11-0) vs. Coldwater (11-0)

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:37 pm This is the press release from the OHSAA

New Franklin County health advisory prevents games from being played at Fortress Obetz

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Due to a new health advisory issued by the Franklin County Department of Health and the Columbus Department of Health Wednesday afternoon that recommends the games not be played in Franklin County, the Ohio High School Athletic Association is moving this weekend’s football state championship games to Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon, which has offered to host all six games. The games were scheduled to be played at Fortress Obetz in southeast Columbus.

The schedule remains the same as announced Wednesday, with games on Friday and Saturday at 1:15 and 6:15 and then Sunday at 12:15 and 5:15. Of note, in the Division II title game, Akron Archbishop Hoban High School has agreed to play Massillon Washington on Massillon’s home field. The OHSAA has now designated Hoban as the home team in the game.

The decision came Thursday morning after discussions with officials at Obetz and Franklin County. The OHSAA met virtually with the 12 finalist schools at 11:30 a.m. to inform them and answer questions.

“Completing this weekend’s state championship games is very important to the schools, student-athletes and communities, so we felt strongly about finding a place to play,” said OHSAA Executive Director Doug Ute. “These 12 schools just want to play and we thank them for accepting this change. We would also like to especially thank Massillon Washington High School for stepping up to host, and also Hoban for agreeing to play there.”

Paul Brown Tiger Stadium served as a host of the OHSAA football state championships from 1990 through 2013.

“This is a big change at the 11th hour, but Massillon Washington can accommodate these games and the number of fans that are permitted to attend,” said Beau Rugg, OHSAA Senior Director of Officiating and Sport Management and the OHSAA’s football administrator. “We are pleased to be playing football this weekend and are excited that these 12 schools will be able to finish their seasons.”

The Franklin County and Columbus health advisory recommends a pause on all extra-curricular activities for schools and asks all persons to be home by 6 p.m.

“Fortress Obetz was excited to host these games and we appreciate all the work that they put into preparations,” Ute said.

State Championships Coverage: https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournament ... s-Coverage

Division VII

Friday, November 20, 1:15 p.m. - New Bremen (9-2) vs. Warren John F. Kennedy (9-2)

Division II

Friday, November 20, 6:15 p.m. - Akron Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon Washington (10-1)

Division V

Division III

Saturday, November 21, 6:15 p.m. - Columbus St. Francis DeSales (9-1) vs. Chardon (11-0)

Division IV

Sunday, November 22, 12:15 p.m. - Van Wert (10-1) vs. Mentor Lake Catholic (8-2)

Division VI

Sunday, November 22, 5:15 p.m. - New Middletown Springfield (11-0) vs. Coldwater (11-0)
Congrats to Hoban for manning up

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Akron Hoban and Massillon saved the state finals. The Kneelers in central ohio screwed this up. Hopefully Desales gets pounded too

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:39 pm
MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:37 pm This is the press release from the OHSAA

Division VII

Division II

Division V

Division III

Division IV

Division VI

Manning up ? It's a 23 mile drive and takes 35 minutes to get there. I wouldn't say a home field would discourage Hoban in the least.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Division VII

Division II

Division V

Division III

Division IV

Division VI

Manning up ? It's a 23 mile drive and takes 35 minutes to get there. I wouldn't say a home field would discourage Hoban in the least.
Yeah manning up. Playing right on their home field. Gotta love Hoban

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”